You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KC releases Maclin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's now Maclin's poor fortune to have been in a WCO ?? That's why he couldn't catch footballs ? Really? LOL. Excuses, excuses.

Oh yeah, 5 of the top 10 NFL WR's in yards/catch werw WCO WR's. Atlanta and Indiana have 2 and Wash. has one.. Jackson, Jones, Gabriel, Dorsett, Hilton.

Why can't you guys just accept what Chiefs management already has? Maclin is now officially a "has been".
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
So it's now Maclin's poor fortune to have been in a WCO ?? That's why he couldn't catch footballs ? Really? LOL. Excuses, excuses.

Oh yeah, 5 of the top 10 NFL WR's in yards/catch werw WCO WR's. Atlanta and Indiana have 2 and Wash. has one.. Jackson, Jones, Gabriel, Dorsett, Hilton.

Why can't you guys just accept what Chiefs management already has? Maclin is now officially a "has been".

If you are even remotely trying to compare Atlanta, Indy, or Washingtons offense to ours I have no idea what to tell you.

The difference is Ryan, Luck, and Cousins all look to find their deep routes. It doesn't mean we don't run plays for the WR to get open deep. Alex is just awful at going through progressions. If you don't have your man beat on the snap, it's simple you aren't getting the ball.

Yeah Maclin had a disappointing LAST year, but he was still getting open. I fault him for the drops, not the yards/catch or Alex's inability to find him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:

Last try to reach through your dense head: you brought up his yac (YOU DID) one of the biggest reasons for that is A WEST COAST OFFENSE PREDICATED ON SHORT PASSES. Theres more to the WR position than to "just go long". Mac's main route tree was slants and outs. You ignored most points (like Julian Edelman having a low yac, he must suck too?) and now are changing the goal posts on your narrative. (Again) YOU WERE THE ONE THAT BROUGHT UP YAC.

At this point (board rules or not) you are, to me, a lost cause. You dont offer anything outside your own drivel that 90% of the time doesnt make much sense at all (who does the tackling to decide if a D is good or not...classic). At this point i dont care and ill get my mod warning as id rather be the board D bag than the village idiot. It didnt fly when you were on you banned account and its not working now, at least try for substance.

Peace out. Laughing
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayan's not completely wrong. Maclin would likely not be worth his contract, though it seems to be a close call.

That said, he was stellar at what he was hired to do--play WR in Andy Reid's offense. They needed a veteran to step and play from day one. He did that. However, he is no longer the only veteran that knows the offense. Again, it was a close call but one they made because the numbers said so.

J

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Mayan's not completely wrong. Maclin would likely not be worth his contract, though it seems to be a close call.

That said, he was stellar at what he was hired to do--play WR in Andy Reid's offense. They needed a veteran to step and play from day one. He did that. However, he is no longer the only veteran that knows the offense. Again, it was a close call but one they made because the numbers said so.

J

Being too​ pricey for what we need out of him is one thing, saying hes a failure that cant catch or get downfield is downright foolish. Thats my point.
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Maclin, and wish it would have worked out better than it did. timing sucks, ect ect. I don't want to trash a good guy and there is no reason to do so. I wish him luck.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you brought up his yac (YOU DID)
Chiefs 5627...Not sure about this. Please quote the post. As for the rest, you just ramble too muchand repeat yourself to much to respond.
Quote:

Being too​ pricey for what we need out of him is one thing, saying hes a failure that cant catch or get downfield is downright foolish. Thats my point.
He can't catch (again 57%) and I never spoke about "getting downfield" so that's your fantasy. Maybe Maclin will get on with another team. The Jets might need someone cheap.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
He can't catch (again 57%) and I never spoke about "getting downfield" so that's your fantasy. Maybe Maclin will get on with another team. The Jets might need someone cheap.

Maclin can catch. Saying otherwise is silly. He had a bad year, but it's out of place in his career.

Wherever he goes, he won't go cheap. He may not be a good #1, but he is still a good #2.

J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said, "lost cause". Laughing
KC=SB 42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo we have Tyreek Hill and Chris Conley.. who else are we throwing to!? Kelce obviously but I cant say I exactly like Damarcus Robinson or Albert Wilson that much

Mama was a Terp and Pop was a Buckeye so I guess that makes me a Nutty Turtle.

Chiefs/Buckeyes/Terps/Orioles/Wizards/Capitals
yea its weird get over it
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC=SB 42 wrote:
Soooo we have Tyreek Hill and Chris Conley.. who else are we throwing to!? Kelce obviously but I cant say I exactly like Damarcus Robinson or Albert Wilson that much

Robinson has some talent, only one way to see if it translates. I still like his skill set though, similiar to Conley in that I'm not sure it meshes well with Smith as QB.

Not big on Wilson, he's JAG. I like his blocking I suppose.

Either way I'm not sure having a dynamic WR does much for our offense at this point, Smith just doesn't give them enough opportunities. Not a total shot at Smith, he is what he is and will always give a chance at winning.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: