Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The official 2017-2018 chargers season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless a team that already has their franchise QB drafted has the #1 or #2 pick, there shouldn't even be discussion of "trading up for a QB," because typically teams picking that high lack a franchise QB and will take one if one is available. So really that point is moot. Even if Darnold isn't everything he's hyped up to be, the hype is as solid as concrete - it's currently approaching Luck-level hype... and whoever got that #1 pick for Luck in 2012 was NOT trading out of that pick under any circumstance.

Unless they do a deal with Melvin between now and the start of next season, the "Sam" that really ought to be high on the club's radar is Sam Hubbard - which may sound redundant of Bosa to some, but Hubbard has "linebacker range" that Joey largely lacks as a component of his game, but that makes him a much more natural fit as either a LEO or as a guy you rush coming off of Bosa's outside shoulder (which is kind of a frightening thing for any OG/OT/TE combo to have to imagine facing).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Highboltage55

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derwin James (S, FSU) is a guy I am high on-but I also wouldn't be surprised if we finally go OT in next year's draft. McGlinchey, Conner Williams, Trey Adams and Orlando Brown are all likely gone in the 1st Round.

I could also see us targeting an interior DL prospect should they cut ties with Liuget and move on from Mebane (although 1 Tech/NT isn't a premium position, just would want more depth/potential).
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
Derwin James (S, FSU) is a guy I am high on-but I also wouldn't be surprised if we finally go OT in next year's draft. McGlinchey, Conner Williams, Trey Adams and Orlando Brown are all likely gone in the 1st Round.

I could also see us targeting an interior DL prospect should they cut ties with Liuget and move on from Mebane (although 1 Tech/NT isn't a premium position, just would want more depth/potential).

We aren't picking that early next year

mitch hyatt could be one that falls to us
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Unless a team that already has their franchise QB drafted has the #1 or #2 pick, there shouldn't even be discussion of "trading up for a QB," because typically teams picking that high lack a franchise QB and will take one if one is available. So really that point is moot. Even if Darnold isn't everything he's hyped up to be, the hype is as solid as concrete - it's currently approaching Luck-level hype... and whoever got that #1 pick for Luck in 2012 was NOT trading out of that pick under any circumstance.

Unless they do a deal with Melvin between now and the start of next season, the "Sam" that really ought to be high on the club's radar is Sam Hubbard - which may sound redundant of Bosa to some, but Hubbard has "linebacker range" that Joey largely lacks as a component of his game, but that makes him a much more natural fit as either a LEO or as a guy you rush coming off of Bosa's outside shoulder (which is kind of a frightening thing for any OG/OT/TE combo to have to imagine facing).

I don't think darnold leaves early
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: