Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tajae Sharpe 2017 Expectations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJM217

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Sharpe play special teams? I think that will make a big impact on where he is on the roster or if he makes the roster

mike23md on the sig
Adopt-A-Titan 2016:
Brian Orakpo
RAK a SACK count: 10.5 (Tied for 7th)
*Pro Bowl selection*
Tre McBride
P squad
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 STs snaps last year. McBride played 7 snaps last year, but 107 the previous year.

Byard played 373 ST snaps this year, and that number should be lower this year if he's looking at increased defensive snaps. Blake also played 355, so that's 700 potential snaps we have to replace (Jackson will be replacing Mariani's ST snaps, so he doesn't count there, and Sims also logged a good chunk of ST snaps [250+], so he won't make a big dent there).

That's why I see Weems as almost a shoe in at WR. He led the Falcons with 316 ST snaps last year as their STs ace. Even with Jackson bumping him from return duties (thank goodness), he has an important role on all return units, specially at gunner with Byard and Blake's snaps needing to be replaced.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches said he has a very similar injury to what Dodd had last year. Hopefully it doesn't linger like Dodd's has. I think Taywan Taylor will be ahead of him on the depth chart though.

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ragevsuall17"]
VY wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
Decker signing here (more possible than Maclin) would probably signal the end of both Sharpe and Douglas. Weems would probably make it as the 5th because of his STs. Sharpe could make it if they keep 6... and though he'd likely be the "5th" WR, barring injury he'd also be the likely weekly inactive, as he offers nothing on STs.

Again, it doesn't help the Titans (or me) if Sharpe is good. Heck, it'd be great if he turned into something. I honestly just don't see it.. and I'd like to know what anyone else sees in him differently. All I get was the bulk numbers he put last year, which aren't horrible... but there's a different story told through efficiency stats and the general regression that took place after week 3.

I'm not expecting him to do much, maybe not even make the team. But I am a bit reticent of giving up on a young guy this early who has at least flashed some potential (if only in the preseason). This year is certainly make or break, at worst he's decent depth if Mathews goes down.

Maybe I'm just tired of the never-ending hype/love the board seems to shower on long shot WRs. It goes beyond the days of Sharpe and McBride... it goes back to the days of Orr and the plethora of mid round WR that had a ton of hype in OTAs and preseason and never amounted to much (the Roydell's, Roby's, etc).

We're even already hearing noise about Taylor during OTA's.... apparently he's been lights out... but we've heard that before... Almost every offseason it seems... and yet we've seen nothing develop since Mason/Bennett.[/quote
You right & sad thing is our WR that showed promise to be a star always got hurt, Tyrone calico Kenny Britt 🤦🏽‍♂️

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: