You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LT Taylor Decker Undergoes Surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're bringing in Cyrus Kouandjio for a workout. If they sign him then he should be the favorite to start in place of Decker.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
They're bringing in Cyrus Kouandjio for a workout. If they sign him then he should be the favorite to start in place of Decker.

What happened to Cyrus? His sophomore year at Alabama, he was supposed to be this generational talent at the next level.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
davisblack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

What happened to Cyrus? His sophomore year at Alabama, he was supposed to be this generational talent at the next level.

Injuries, and he was found wandering in a field in his underwear.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/20/kouandjio-involved-bizarre-incident-police/
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

lots of injuries and got stuck with a coaching staff in Buffalo that didn't want to play him, despite clearly being one of their better players when he did see the field. He's also still only 23 years old, he isn't finished developing. He's only about 1 month older than Taylor Decker.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we signed Tony Hills.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
I watched Conklin against my son in high school and he was a monster. My son got him once when he got real low and under him but when he tried it a second time and a 3rd he was put into the ground. Conklin is an upcoming elite LT. By the way, my son did get around him that one time hit the QB forced a fumble and the blitzing safety picked it up and scored. Decker in my opinion is and upcoming elite LT also but I believe his athleticism is a notch higher and that is high praise coming from a UofM grad. Decker was a great pick and one that Detroit will cherish for the next decade. Decker will be back this year and he will be just as dominant. He was the best rookie LT last year and one of the better ones in the league and I expect him to continue that success. I truly think that Storm has a chance to impress in this opportunity he is going to work for. Undrafted does not mean untalented so to speak. Many players go undrafted because they seem to measure on just numbers and not the actual play. Yes, GM's and Scouts can overlook players and get caught up in the statistical numbers of pro days and combines. In this new era of scouting and numbers and sabermetrics, they have yet to find a way to measure heart.

He currently isn't, and won't be a LT for the Titans.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:
I watched Conklin against my son in high school and he was a monster. My son got him once when he got real low and under him but when he tried it a second time and a 3rd he was put into the ground. Conklin is an upcoming elite LT. By the way, my son did get around him that one time hit the QB forced a fumble and the blitzing safety picked it up and scored. Decker in my opinion is and upcoming elite LT also but I believe his athleticism is a notch higher and that is high praise coming from a UofM grad. Decker was a great pick and one that Detroit will cherish for the next decade. Decker will be back this year and he will be just as dominant. He was the best rookie LT last year and one of the better ones in the league and I expect him to continue that success. I truly think that Storm has a chance to impress in this opportunity he is going to work for. Undrafted does not mean untalented so to speak. Many players go undrafted because they seem to measure on just numbers and not the actual play. Yes, GM's and Scouts can overlook players and get caught up in the statistical numbers of pro days and combines. In this new era of scouting and numbers and sabermetrics, they have yet to find a way to measure heart.

Only because Lewan looks like he could be elite.

Also how cool that Michigan/MSU 1st round tackles will be anchoring the Titans for the next decade?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Also how cool that Michigan/MSU 1st round tackles will be anchoring the Titans for the next decade?

You're a real big fan of that word, huh?
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

First time I have said it and I was following what the previous poster said.. soo.. no not really?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

First time I have said it and I was following what the previous poster said.. soo.. no not really?

That's my bad. Downside of everyone having the same avatar and me being to lazy to scroll up.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

That's my bad. Downside of everyone having the same avatar and me being to lazy to scroll up.

Haha no problem. I know what ya mean. What happened to all the avatars anyway? Confused

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: