You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign Victor Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Connor Shaw got the boot to make room for Cruz

And fans are losing their minds over Shaw, because they care more about the bottom of the roster than the top.

The outcry this morning was just dumb. They really dont understand why Sanchez is on the roster....anyway Shaw didnt get cut because Sanchez got hurt

"Shaw is the best QB on the roster!"

Based on one preseason game. 30 years of this mindset, and fans are still perpetuating it.

Seems like Shaw is getting the Hanie treatment. It was like Cardale Jones getting all this attention because of one preseason game. People always have knee-jerk reactions. lol

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

And fans are losing their minds over Shaw, because they care more about the bottom of the roster than the top.

The outcry this morning was just dumb. They really dont understand why Sanchez is on the roster....anyway Shaw didnt get cut because Sanchez got hurt

Based on one preseason game. 30 years of this mindset, and fans are still perpetuating it.

Seems like Shaw is getting the Hanie treatment. It was like Cardale Jones getting all this attention because of one preseason game. People always have knee-jerk reactions. lol

I've heard fans obsess over some putrid quarterbacks in my day, but I still can't believe we had to endure an offseason of fans angrily and forcefully declaring how great Caleb Hanie was, followed by a training camp at Bourbonnais where people were showing up with Hanie jerseys to get autographed while shouting nonstop about how he was better than Cutler, and in six starts he winds up with the lowest passer rating of ANY quarterback on the awful Bears QB carousel. No wonder all of the morons who backed him then won't say a word about it now. For all of the embarrassing things this fanbase has done over the years, the Caleb Hanie love may be #1 on the list.
dll2000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears fans have always rooted for the back up QB as far back as I can remember.

They used to call for Mike Tomczak over McMahon. That's first one I can remember.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
Bears fans have always rooted for the back up QB as far back as I can remember.

They used to call for Mike Tomczak over McMahon. That's first one I can remember.

I'm old enough to remember the PT Willis, Will Furer, Moses Moreno days #vomit

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] I'm young... Laughing

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
[inappropriate/removed] I'm young... Laughing

If you think the 2014 Bears were bad, some of you guys may be too young to remember the 1997 Bears, a team that went into their week 8 BYE at 0-7 and were 1-10 at one point. There was serious talk about the Bears drafting Peyton Manning. Then they won a meaningless three of their last five for a 4-12 record, drafted one of the all-time greatest NFL Draft busts in Curtis Enis, and proceeded to go 4-12 for the second consecutive season in 1998.

As bad as Trestman/Emery's Bears were for one season, 1997-98 was even more excruciating, I think.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

I've heard fans obsess over some putrid quarterbacks in my day, but I still can't believe we had to endure an offseason of fans angrily and forcefully declaring how great Caleb Hanie was, followed by a training camp at Bourbonnais where people were showing up with Hanie jerseys to get autographed while shouting nonstop about how he was better than Cutler, and in six starts he winds up with the lowest passer rating of ANY quarterback on the awful Bears QB carousel. No wonder all of the morons who backed him then won't say a word about it now. For all of the embarrassing things this fanbase has done over the years, the Caleb Hanie love may be #1 on the list.

It has to be up there. I'm friends with someone who has owned a Hanie jersey. I won't let him forget it. Lol

I understand routing for underdogs, guys you followed in college, or even someone with a story. But puting someone up so high just to spite another player shows you're an idiot.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

It has to be up there. I'm friends with someone who has owned a Hanie jersey. I won't let him forget it. Lol

I understand routing for underdogs, guys you followed in college, or even someone with a story. But puting someone up so high just to spite another player shows you're an idiot.

I've said for years that I dread the day the Bears use a high pick on a quarterback, because the fans don't know what they're looking at when it comes to that position. As much as I hope Trubisky can spend a decade eliminating the kind of lunacy we saw with the Hanie love, loving the backup is so engrained in the culture of this fanbase through multiple generations that I don't know if it's possible to break the cycle, evident by the fact that cutting Connor Shaw caused a huge outrage because we still have a significant portion of fans convinced he's the QB of the future when the #2 overall pick was just spent on a QB.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

I've said for years that I dread the day the Bears use a high pick on a quarterback, because the fans don't know what they're looking at when it comes to that position. As much as I hope Trubisky can spend a decade eliminating the kind of lunacy we saw with the Hanie love, loving the backup is so engrained in the culture of this fanbase through multiple generations that I don't know if it's possible to break the cycle, evident by the fact that cutting Connor Shaw caused a huge outrage because we still have a significant portion of fans convinced he's the QB of the future when the #2 overall pick was just spent on a QB.

You and I are lockstep buddy.

Don't forget, this is the stupid fanbase that BOOED (!!!) Walter Payton after his first game.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:

You and I are lockstep buddy.

Don't forget, this is the stupid fanbase that BOOED (!!!) Walter Payton after his first game.

Agreed.

Thankfully Pace doesn't seem to give a damn aboutbwhat the public wants, he knows winning is the big goal and THAT will make fans happier than anything. Now hopefully he pocked the man for the job for the next 10+ years. Shaw hopefully can develop and be a solid back up for years to come, but he is still nothing special.

I'd be ecstatic for him to be a person who just is able to run the offense due to familiarity and not turn the ball over as a reserve. Seems like a good teammate from the little I've read on him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: