You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA 3: Open Practice

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: OTA 3: Open Practice Reply with quote

Everyone ready for some tweets about nothing.

The Bear Report podcast after practice is the best source of info. I am not sure why Stoltz is allowed to talk about specifics and no one else can.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: OTA 3: Open Practice Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

The Bear Report podcast after practice is the best source of info. I am not sure why Stoltz is allowed to talk about specifics and no one else can.

Because it's the only reason he makes money and he's willing to risk it. It's behind a paywall as well so the Bears can't see it unless they subscribed.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

14-34 over the last 3 years and the Bears insist on alienating fans by not allowing fairly mundane information out during a dead period in the schedule.

I would think that they want to generate some buzz amongst the 60k no shows last season.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OTA 3: Open Practice Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Because it's the only reason he makes money and he's willing to risk it. It's behind a paywall as well so the Bears can't see it unless they subscribed.

The podcast is a free download and he goes over every point of his practice report.
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
14-34 over the last 3 years and the Bears insist on alienating fans by not allowing fairly mundane information out during a dead period in the schedule.

I would think that they want to generate some buzz amongst the 60k no shows last season.

I would think so, too. It seems like there's very little Bears news floating around, compared to years past. Very little being written about the team in a general way, as well. (Although maybe lambasting the Trubisky pick, and the draft in general, got the Bears out of everybody's systems. Laughing)
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ďSometimes I see myself on film going back to my old footwork at North Carolina, and thatís just muscle memory,Ē Trubisky said. ďSo Iím trying to get rid of those habits and just get into the new footwork, because if I do what Iím coached to do here, Iíll be successful, and thatís what I do. I come out here, I try to be as coachable a player as possible, and itís all going to come within the offense. So if I stay within the offense, do my job, hopefully good things happen.

"[But] theyíre not really messing with [my throwing motion]. Itís more of my footwork. My throwing motion is what it is. I got a quick release and I could throw the ball accurately as long as I bring my feet with me. So thatís what coach says: Do the footwork, bring your feet with you, get through your progression and use your eyes well. So as long as my shoulders are level and I pull through with my hips, the ball should be where itís supposed to go.Ē

All the more reason I don't want to rush this kid onto the field.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: