You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Meredith is hurt
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
This should do nothing but put us firmly in the Jeremy Maclin sweep stakes...he isn't an elite WR by any stretch but he is a productive veteran who would help us no end.

IDK Mike - we guaranteed a lot of 2017 money to Wright and Wheaton, just added Cruz, White is gonna get all the reps they can give him and Meredith is the projected future #2 and should be healthy by camp per all the reports. Maclin would be an upgrade over Wright, Wheaton and Cruz for sure and maybe all five of them but I can't see them just burning that money like that for no return.

You can't cut Wheaton because of the money but you get rid of Cruz in a heartbeat if you can pick up Maclin.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Maclin - just that the move would surprise me. Maclin is going to have a lot of suitors though - we'd have to outplay everyone else to get him to come to a 3-13 team. Why other than money would he come here over, say, Baltimore? Or Arizona? I'd much rather spend whatever it costs to bring him here to extend Hicks.

No doubt it would be tough to convince him to come here but if we want long term success this is the kind of guy we need around Trubisky...cap wise we really have no issues at all in signing a guy like Maclin and keeping guys like Hicks.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maclin is done. So is Cruz.

We have to avoid getting back to this place that the fanbase was at circa 2009/2010, where fans are pounding the table for aging receivers who are past their prime, or average receivers who are overrated, and splitting hairs over who's better than who right now.

The Bears are stuck where they're at with the receiver position until next year's draft. It is what it is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: