You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All-22 Kessler's Comps/Incomps/Sacks & Ogbah's Play
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Character

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: All-22 Kessler's Comps/Incomps/Sacks & Ogbah's Play Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Many thanks to disgustipated for cutting this tape up for the fans. Saw this posted on reddit....thought I'd post links to it here.

For Kessler, it gives a lot of understanding as to the defensive pressure onslaught he had to deal with and coverages against him. Even better is watching the sacks and incompletions while watching what the WRs are doing or not doing and/or what the OL is doing or not doing.

For Ogbah, shows how if he actually learns to play with leverage and advanced hands technique.....he really could be amazing. He has a lot of hustle but is so so raw.

Kessler's completions and INTs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwavQBF-Z2c

Kessler's incompletions, sacks, fumbles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSR8EqFCp0

Ogbah's sacks/hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCl_qJsnY5I

Just finished watching Ogbah's final 3 games.

One extra hand post to get the OL off balance or a swim move would've got him 7 more sacks at least. He gave up a lot of sacks due to not having any understanding of how to attempt a secondary move or string multiple moves together.

His first move does damage and he often stopped there and tried to just bully his way after that with raw strength...if he learns and put in the work over the offseason...he could really be a 12 sack a year guy. It was there for him last year...he was just too raw to capitalize on the opportunities...
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the combine comparison between Ogbah and Garrett. I hope that they build a little bit of a friendly rivalry and really feed off of one another. I would love it if Ogbah simply refused to willingly take a back seat in the stat column to Garrett and worked as hard as it takes to keep up!
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: All-22 Kessler's Comps/Incomps/Sacks & Ogbah's Play Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
not having any understanding of how to attempt a secondary move or string multiple moves together.

I think that is the hardest thing for a defensive linemen to do. IMO defensive lineman lack the patience to get to a 2nd move. They feel like if the first move didnt work that they will run out of time and just stick to the first move and either try to bully the lineman with it or try to run around them with it.

You then add in the emotions of the moment, they dont even think about those second moves.

Ogbah is a specail talent and if he gets the technique down of sharpening up his moves and actually using a second move he could be deadly, 10+ sacks deadly.

I think thats what made Bosa so good. Not the greatest athlete but he had all that technique down.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: