You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 under the radar players who could have big impacts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: 3 under the radar players who could have big impacts Reply with quote

CSN Mid-Atlantic - Redskins Playbook: 3 under-the-radar players who could make big impact

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-playbook-3-under-radar-players-who-could-make-big-impact

1. Kendall Fuller
2. Stacy McGee
3. Spencer Long

I'm not so sure Spencer Long is "under the radar." I would have chosen, Maurice Harris, Willie Lanier, Ioannidis or Holsey.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 under the radar players who could have big impacts Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
CSN Mid-Atlantic - Redskins Playbook: 3 under-the-radar players who could make big impact

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-playbook-3-under-radar-players-who-could-make-big-impact

1. Kendall Fuller
2. Stacy McGee
3. Spencer Long

I'm not so sure Spencer Long is "under the radar." I would have chosen, Maurice Harris, Willie Lanier, Ioannidis or Holsey.

I think Long is gonna have a rookie having him look over his shoulder at center which makes me think he will also improve this year. I like Fuller. 2 years removed from surgery I expect him to look better in the nickle. I think McGhee will jump out against the run hopefully he gets healthy

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuller is a player we all need to watch. I have stated before I honestly think he was still not 100% last year when they put him to start in week 4. And to play the slot that is a tall order for a rookie with a knee issue such as his. I think he takes the next step

Dunbar is another CB that I think we will see major improvement. The kid had moments last year and he has been playing CB now for 2 years only. Imagine how hard that was to come in and learn an entire new position, make the team and then play considerably. He takes a next step and we can have a pair of super awesome future very good CBs.

The 3rd for me is Ioannidis. Don't know most likely because the kid is a Greek American and so am I. But everything I read about him shows a hard worker, humble, nose to the ground short of football player. If he can take the next step either at NT or DL (most likely DL) he will be a wonderful rotation player for us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Fuller is a player we all need to watch. I have stated before I honestly think he was still not 100% last year when they put him to start in week 4. And to play the slot that is a tall order for a rookie with a knee issue such as his. I think he takes the next step

Dunbar is another CB that I think we will see major improvement. The kid had moments last year and he has been playing CB now for 2 years only. Imagine how hard that was to come in and learn an entire new position, make the team and then play considerably. He takes a next step and we can have a pair of super awesome future very good CBs.

The 3rd for me is Ioannidis. Don't know most likely because the kid is a Greek American and so am I. But everything I read about him shows a hard worker, humble, nose to the ground short of football player. If he can take the next step either at NT or DL (most likely DL) he will be a wonderful rotation player for us.
I agree with that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Ioannidis has shown next to nothing thus far. Not sure where they even can play him as he hasn't shown the ability to effectively play NT or DE. He is still young, but I'm not expecting much.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪5 Redskins who will have breakout 2017 seasons

http://riggosrag.com/2017/05/28/redskins-breakout-players-2017/‬

I like the list except for Phil Taylor. I'm not sure why he you chose Taylor over any of our younger free agent picks ups or other younger players like Harris, McGee, McClain, Ioannidis, Lanier, Spaight, Everett or Dunbar.

It just seems to me that if Taylor has a good year it's because he's healthy. That would be more of a "comeback player of the year" rather than a "break out player of the year" seeing as when Taylor is healthy he has proven he can be a good starter in the NFL.

DCRED

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines:

1. DJ Swearinger
Thrust into a FS position after playing SS, he embraced it and did well. I think we got lucky that AZ didn't resign him and :
THE JOSH NORMAN CONNECTION is huge with them being high school teammates from a small town. This is pretty remarkable to me having Norman/ DJ and Allen/Anderson on the same team

2. Perine
People keep saying, " he's just a better Rob Kelley". Well, we'll see how much better. When he's steamrolling into the End Zone (something our backs FAILED at last year) everyone will forget who Rob Kelley is. Go ahead, Fat Rob: work your tail off and make a liar out of me!

3. j Galette
Risky business. Picking anything with Galette's name associated..... But I'm going to. He has the first step quickness back. He has the whole Offseason to get in "football shape". He has always said he grinds and works hard, and I've heard nothing to conflict that.
When he is back healthy, he and Kerrigan are going to have an A-U-C-E QB buffet every Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Mines:

1. DJ Swearinger
Thrust into a FS position after playing SS, he embraced it and did well. I think we got lucky that AZ didn't resign him and :
THE JOSH NORMAN CONNECTION is huge with them being high school teammates from a small town. This is pretty remarkable to me having Norman/ DJ and Allen/Anderson on the same team

2. Perine
People keep saying, " he's just a better Rob Kelley". Well, we'll see how much better. When he's steamrolling into the End Zone (something our backs FAILED at last year) everyone will forget who Rob Kelley is. Go ahead, Fat Rob: work your tail off and make a liar out of me!

3. J. Galette
Risky business. Picking anything with Galette's name associated..... But I'm going to. He has the first step quickness back. He has the whole Offseason to get in "football shape". He has always said he grinds and works hard, and I've heard nothing to conflict that.

When he is back healthy, he and Kerrigan are going to have an A-U-C-E QB buffet every Sunday.
I'm not so sure any of these are under the radar guys but I do agree they'll have big impacts.

mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: 3 under the radar players who could have big impacts Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

1. Kendall Fuller
2. Stacy McGee
3. Spencer Long

I think Long is gonna have a rookie having him look over his shoulder at center which makes me think he will also improve this year. I like Fuller. 2 years removed from surgery I expect him to look better in the nickle. I think McGhee will jump out against the run hopefully he gets healthy

I think its very possible that Long gets moved to LG next year and Roullier takes over at C. I think its Lauvao that is the odd man out, eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 under the radar players who could have big impacts Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

1. Kendall Fuller
2. Stacy McGee
3. Spencer Long

I think its very possible that Long gets moved to LG next year and Roullier takes over at C. I think its Lauvao that is the odd man out, eventually.
Yeah, that very well could happen or Long stays at C and Kouandijo or Roullier start at Lg.

I think if Long continues to prove himself as a C that we'd be foolish to move him. At that point, we'd be hopeing one of our two young reserves take over at LG for Lauvao or we find a guard to replace Lauvao in next year's free agency or in next year's draft. I'd Lauvao is gone next year then I'd have to assume we draft a guard at some point in next year's draft.

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Mines:

1. DJ Swearinger

2. Perine

3. J. Galette

I'm not so sure any of these are under the radar guys but I do agree they'll have big impacts.

With all the comments about Perine being no more than a slightly improved Rob Kelley, who only got like 700 yards and was horrible in the Red Zone-- That's almost 0 optimism for a stud like Perine, and no one is saying Wow what a pick that will stabilize the running game there.

No one knows what to expect with Galette but many are not even expecting him to play the season, much less have an impact. If he can get back to form he becomes our best Pass Rusher that everyone was brushing off all summer, and immediately makes teams look away from Kerrigan and to the other side.

Norman gets all the spotlight in the secondary, and I haven't even heard one person say DJ should have a Huge year with us- which he should.
Except for one dude that's on the show with Nate Burlson, who said Watch Out for the Skins D this year---The most I've heard is ,"Well the defense was Horrible last year and let the team down repeatedly. They HOPE the Defense is a Little Better with the changes they made. That is about the most scared and feeble optimistic prediction to make, and it's the strongest one I've heard outside Redskins Park, except that one guy. (J. Allen got some good forecasts)
But Swearinger should also make Cravens better with him not having to worry about a massive hole in the secondary. He is poised to have a huge impact, and no one is recognizing that. They are sleeping on everyone except Josh Norman.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: