You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Relaxes TD Celebration Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 37096
Location: Vancouver, Washington
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Hitting a HR? Laughing Yes it's statistically less frequent, but hitting a ball with a bat is the only skill they train for. A QB, WR, or RB has multiple potential assignments and the most physically impressive athletes in the world trying to stop them.


With all those extra assignments and less skill required in baseball, you'd think they'd want to be paid more than those inferior baseball players. NFL players are the least paid of the 4 major sports for a reason; it's not an overly skilled game. It is undoubtedly the most physical. But skilled? No.

BJ Raji has a rushing touchdown. That's how easy it is. Saying it's the hardest thing is sports is absurd. Find me any article on the internet where someone agrees.


There paid less cause they play less games with a bigger roster then every other sport. Its not rocket science.

25 players 162 games with half the staff needed on hand.

53 players 16 games with a massive staff needed for every game.

and scoring in THE NFL is the hardest thing to do, you just must not watch much football cause you know nothing about the game. Never in 10 years would i think we would be having this argument, on a football forum. You could end up in a wheel chair for the rest of your life trying to score, if i get with a fast ball even at 90 mph i would have a nasty bruise on a back for a week, not a wheel chair for the rest of my life. and the type of athlete in the NFL vs MLB is hilariously superior, everybody knows the MLB gets all the guys who werent athletic enough to play Football or Basketball, its why they got to go to Puerto Rico and Cuba and Mexico and get all the B rate athletes of the world to fill out a pathetically small 25 man roster, cause all the athlete play in the NFL and NBA... Scoring on a grid iron against the world best athletes is by the hardest thing to do in sport, there isn't that type of dominate athlete in any sport, you have no argument at all.
_________________


Last edited by Bednarik60 on Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Hitting a HR? Laughing Yes it's statistically less frequent, but hitting a ball with a bat is the only skill they train for. A QB, WR, or RB has multiple potential assignments and the most physically impressive athletes in the world trying to stop them.


With all those extra assignments and less skill required in baseball, you'd think they'd want to be paid more than those inferior baseball players. NFL players are the least paid of the 4 major sports for a reason; it's not an overly skilled game. It is undoubtedly the most physical. But skilled? No.

BJ Raji has a rushing touchdown. That's how easy it is. Saying it's the hardest thing is sports is absurd. Find me any article on the internet where someone agrees.


There paid less cause they play less games with a bigger roster then every other sport. Its not rocket science.

25 players 162 games with half the staff needed on hand.

53 players 16 games with a massive staff needed for every game.

and scoring in THE NFL is the hardest thing to do, you just must not watch much football cause you know nothing about the game. Never in 10 years would i think we would be having this argument, on a football forum. You could end up in a wheel chair for the rest of your life trying to score, if i get with a fast ball even at 90 mph i would have a nasty bruise on a back for a week, not a wheel chair for the rest of my life. and the type of athlete in the NFL vs MLB is hilariously superior, everybody knows the MLB gets all the guys who werent athletic enough to play Football or Basketball, its why they got to go to Puerto Rico and Cuba and Mexico and get all the B rate athletes of the world to fill out a pathetically small 25 man roster, cause all the athlete play in the NFL and NBA... Scoring on a grid iron against the world best athletes is by the hardest thing to do in sport, there isn't that type of dominate athlete in any sport, you have no argument at all.


Technically I'd say scoring in hockey or soccer is more difficult than a TD. There are an average of 6 or so TD per game with about 12 possessions per team. Compare that to the possessions in hockey or soccer and their scoring percentage and I'll bet its pretty lopsided.

The NFL probably has the best athletes overall. Basketball probably has the best conditioning (maybe soccer) and baseball requires the most skill.

There are world class athletes in all professional sports. Some prefer baseball or basketball to football. I loved baseball more than football I was just a lot better at scoring touchdowns than hitting a baseball. I was a good fielder just didn't have enough skill with the ball to make consistent good contact. I found football much more instinctive and much easier for me. Well, running with the football anyway, my arm couldn't do what my brain wanted it to passing the ball but making people miss, I was great at that.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 37096
Location: Vancouver, Washington
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell this man or any of his team mates back in the day, scoring in the NFL is easy, and its easier then hitting a home run in the MLB...


Mike Trout and Bryce Harper would get there neck or shoulder or sternum broken on a NFL field so fast . Could you imagine if Ray Lewis got ahold of Bryce Harper on a football field?

They aren't built for it like 99% of the population isnt built for the NFL. Thats why its so hard. There few people who can actually do it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Please tell this man or any of his team mates back in the day, scoring in the NFL is easy, and its easier then hitting a home run in the MLB...


Mike Trout and Bryce Harper would get there neck or shoulder or sternum broken on a NFL field so fast . Could you imagine if Ray Lewis got ahold of Bryce Harper on a football field?

They aren't built for it like 99% of the population isnt built for the NFL. Thats why its so hard. There few people who can actually do it.


Football players are just men. More people play professional football than the other sports, remember the roster size discussion? Mike Trout is built like a football player, 6'2 235 or so. A great athlete is a great athlete. Bo Jackson/Deion Sanders etc... didn't look out of place on a baseball field. They didn't even excel at the sport. They did on the football field though.

Remember, you don't just stand there and let linebackers hit you. Well, unless you are another linebacker


_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiderrocker18


Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 5148
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

except bo jackson did excel at baseball...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
except bo jackson did excel at baseball...


He did as far as an average person but he wasn't great. He was a good outfielder and had power and decent stolen base numbers but he was a .250 hitter and struck out 35% of the time when it was uncommon for anyone besides Dave Kingman to have that kind of strikeout rate. He was better than average but he wasn't anything special minus a few highlight catches. He certainly wasn't in the Trout/Harper class nor was he a top 20 player overall. He did finish 8th in homers one year. He was a much better NFL player than MLB player.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:


and scoring in THE NFL is the hardest thing to do, you just must not watch much football cause you know nothing about the game. Never in 10 years would i think we would be having this argument, on a football forum. You could end up in a wheel chair for the rest of your life trying to score, if i get with a fast ball even at 90 mph i would have a nasty bruise on a back for a week, not a wheel chair for the rest of my life. and the type of athlete in the NFL vs MLB is hilariously superior, everybody knows the MLB gets all the guys who werent athletic enough to play Football or Basketball, its why they got to go to Puerto Rico and Cuba and Mexico and get all the B rate athletes of the world to fill out a pathetically small 25 man roster, cause all the athlete play in the NFL and NBA... Scoring on a grid iron against the world best athletes is by the hardest thing to do in sport, there isn't that type of dominate athlete in any sport, you have no argument at all.
No, just no, just no. First of all you are telling people they don't know anything about football b/c they disagree with you. I'm sure you'll find that many of the posters here know more about football than you do, and still disagree with you. Your arguments are all ad hominem. You have a predetermined stance and you are grasping at straws to meet them. Baseball (and Basketball and Hockey) recruit players from other countries b/c it is 2nd only to Soccer in terms of globalization. Our Football is an american game. Yeah you can find some teams in other countries, but kids don't grow up playing it like they do here. Baseball, particularly in Central America since that is where your argument is centered around, is what the premiere athletes in those countries grow up playing. And it's not like anybody from those countries can come up here and succeed, and again, almost always go thru minor league development before they see a major league roster. Also you clearly don't know the dangers of being beaned with a 90+ mph fastball. Getting hit in the head with a pitch is incredibly dangerous, and has resulted in some horrific injuries, including deaths. Not to mention we've seen shattered elbows, broken bones, etc... That's why baseball players where all the protection when they are batting nowadays. Finally you are equating the physicality of football with the difficulty of scoring. Nobody is going to argue that football isn't the most physical sport, it is. But that has nothing to do with how difficult it is to score a TD. There are many ways to score a TD and that includes a QB sneak from the goal line. Not very difficult for a 6'5" guy to do. Hitting a HR off of MLB pitching requires superior hand eye coordination, strength, hand speed and control and a little bit of luck. It is nearly universally accepted that hitting a HR in MLB is the absolute hardest thing to do in sports. Whether you like baseball or not, that doesn't change the facts. As one of my favorite commentators says, facts don't care about your feelings.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marc MacGyver


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 5268
Location: In the thick of it.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout damn time, long overdue. Good decision, NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 8743
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Hitting a HR? Laughing Yes it's statistically less frequent, but hitting a ball with a bat is the only skill they train for. A QB, WR, or RB has multiple potential assignments and the most physically impressive athletes in the world trying to stop them.


With all those extra assignments and less skill required in baseball, you'd think they'd want to be paid more than those inferior baseball players. NFL players are the least paid of the 4 major sports for a reason; it's not an overly skilled game. It is undoubtedly the most physical. But skilled? No.

BJ Raji has a rushing touchdown. That's how easy it is. Saying it's the hardest thing is sports is absurd. Find me any article on the internet where someone agrees.


There paid less cause they play less games with a bigger roster then every other sport. Its not rocket science.

25 players 162 games with half the staff needed on hand.

53 players 16 games with a massive staff needed for every game.

and scoring in THE NFL is the hardest thing to do, you just must not watch much football cause you know nothing about the game. Never in 10 years would i think we would be having this argument, on a football forum. You could end up in a wheel chair for the rest of your life trying to score, if i get with a fast ball even at 90 mph i would have a nasty bruise on a back for a week, not a wheel chair for the rest of my life. and the type of athlete in the NFL vs MLB is hilariously superior, everybody knows the MLB gets all the guys who werent athletic enough to play Football or Basketball, its why they got to go to Puerto Rico and Cuba and Mexico and get all the B rate athletes of the world to fill out a pathetically small 25 man roster, cause all the athlete play in the NFL and NBA... Scoring on a grid iron against the world best athletes is by the hardest thing to do in sport, there isn't that type of dominate athlete in any sport, you have no argument at all.


You are aware that people regularly score touchdowns in the NFL without being touched? You have watched a football game correct? There's significantly more contact per score in rugby than football by the person scoring
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group