You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Do You All Feel About Gurley This Season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's like I said, the offensive line improved. Whitworth is a very good player and he makes everyone else on the line better as well... like G-Rob, since he's moving away from LT will improve him, for example.

My biggest issue is Jared Goff. The guy was so bad last season.... yea I know he was a rookie, but the point still stands. And we still don't have a legitimate receiving threat.... so I don't see why a defense wouldn't heavily stack the box against us every game.

Even with an improved offensive line (still probably won't be all that great, tbh, but should be better), our passing game is butt cheeks and teams don't have to respect it. I'm sticking with that until Goff actually preforms at a high level.

EDIT: And if you look at my original post that started all this, I'm not downing Todd Gurley himself, I'm talking about the stuff around him on offense. I think it's outrageous to say we'll be looking for another RB.... Gurley is fine. The team (especially the QB) around him blows until they prove they don't.

This is one of the more reasonable posts you've made imo. I think you'll be surprised by the strides the offense will make considering they have an offensive minded HC for the first time since Linehan. It's almost comical how inept the offensive coaching has been lately, they made Brian Schottenheimer look like mad Mike.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will some start to look past the Fisher era and start to look forward towards the McVay era? I say that because every time we talk about the Rams it's what happened under Fisher. I want to know what you all think how the Rams offense will project now under McVay as the HC and LaFleur as the OC. I think the best thing happened to both Goff and Gurley is the new coaching staff. Look what McVay help do for Cousins. LaFleur come from Atlanta and he saw first hand how Shanahan used that running game in both the run and pass. I think he will try to use some of what Shanahan did. McVay also likes to incorporate the backs in the passing game. The fact that McVay and LaFleur once worked together means they should be on the same page. The OL coach Kromer helped the oline of the Bears be able to run block for Howard last season despite the mess they had at QB and even at WR for most of the season. So for me Gurley isn't in the hands of an offensive deprived Fisher/Boras. McVay will take the same group plus new additions and to something that Fisher and his coaching staff couldn't do and that's bring out the players talent by putting them the right position to succeed.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more neutral as far as expectations go with this team. But I'm actually confident we will field a decent offense for once. Just having an offensive minded coach is going to great things for this team.

Tano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
It's like I said, the offensive line improved. Whitworth is a very good player and he makes everyone else on the line better as well... like G-Rob, since he's moving away from LT will improve him, for example.

My biggest issue is Jared Goff. The guy was so bad last season.... yea I know he was a rookie, but the point still stands. And we still don't have a legitimate receiving threat.... so I don't see why a defense wouldn't heavily stack the box against us every game.

Even with an improved offensive line (still probably won't be all that great, tbh, but should be better), our passing game is butt cheeks and teams don't have to respect it. I'm sticking with that until Goff actually preforms at a high level.

EDIT: And if you look at my original post that started all this, I'm not downing Todd Gurley himself, I'm talking about the stuff around him on offense. I think it's outrageous to say we'll be looking for another RB.... Gurley is fine. The team (especially the QB) around him blows until they prove they don't.

This is one of the more reasonable posts you've made imo. I think you'll be surprised by the strides the offense will make considering they have an offensive minded HC for the first time since Linehan. It's almost comical how inept the offensive coaching has been lately, they made Brian Schottenheimer look like mad Mike.

It's beyond comical how bad the offense was last year. I am going to go so far to state that Boras was the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the game. I might be over-exaggerating the situation, but I couldn't believe how bad the game plan was. I think I stated this in an earlier post but when half of your pass plays have 5 receivers going on routes within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage, you are not going to be a successful passing team. I doubt many QBs would be successful in that scenario.
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take is that McVay will make enough of a difference to compensate for the lack of talent on the OLine and WR group, but he won't be able to make up for Goff's struggles. Like golfer said, opposing defenses are going to relentlessly stack the box because Goff hasn't proven adequate against the blitz and there's very little speed on the perimeter of this offense.

I don't like guessing numbers, but I expect Gurley to finish somewhere between his rookie and sophomore season, with the results largely being similar to 2016.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't need to make up for Goff. Goff will burn the teams foolish enough to underestimate him. Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods will be happy to help with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't need to make up for Goff. Goff will burn the teams foolish enough to underestimate him. Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods will be happy to help with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Spoken like a true fan Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: