You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expectations

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Expectations Reply with quote

So with all of our additions this off-season, with the hype that has come with our good draft, with the development of our young core, it looks as though this coming season is the season that most of us have waited for since our last playoff appearance nearly a decade ago.

It looks as though this is the year that our team makes that leap, matures, and becomes a power in the NFC that contends year in and year out at least for the next handful of years.

At least that's what it looks like on the outside. Right? I feel like we have garnered alot of attention with our moves and acquisitions. More people in the media are looking at us and saying yeah those guys can make it to the playoffs this year. OR SHOULD make it this year.

The label Dark Horse seems to almost be shedding by now.

The question is "Do we actually make the Leap?"

I havent felt pressure to perform as a Bucs fan in so long Laughing but its starting to feel like that now.

I'd have to say that after the season we had last year and all our moves we are definitely trending up. Actually alot more than just up.

We have expectations to meet now.

The Expectations is Play-offs.

Heck even in some of the season predictions thread in the general forum, some people have us as dark horse Super Bowl contenders! Or making deep playoff runs.

I just feel like the cat is out of the bag now guys and now we have to go out there and prove it. Any step back and it will be a disappointment.

There are only a few ways I can see us regressing:

1. Winston's accuracy woes continue and get worse
2. Our Defense plays like it did the first half of the season again
3. Our running game is non existent yet again

I feel like if 2 of those things happen, then our season will not be what we have all been hoping for.

Thoughts?
indifference

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston and the running game should improve tenfold. Sweezy and Marpet at C should give us much more holes for our backs to run through. Winston accuracy improved from his rookie year to his second year, and it should only continue to go up. And he has done this with a very average OL (putting it lightly). I expect to see a lot more quick strikes with Jackson and Howard ability to get open so fast. Winston struggles in that area so we'll need him to get that part down. Offensively, it boils down to #3 and the OL keeping him upright. The talent is obviously there but if doesn't have time to throw its mute.

Defensively, I'm more concerned than others. CB depth is a question mark after Hargreaves and figuring out how much will the DL improve? I expect another winning season and NFCS division crown competitors barring significant injuries.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: