You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills sign Gerald Hodges

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Bills sign Gerald Hodges Reply with quote

According to Shefter bills signed Hodges and cut CB Gaines. I like the move as he was some what impressive last year for the niners. This will add more speculation of Preston Brown possibly being cut.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we don't cut Brown. He would be a tremendous backup MLB. I dont see any other MLBs who could take his place. Humber, Valejo, and Milano are all weakside LBers.

This is my 2nd favorite signing after Hyde. Hodges is a great fit for this sytem.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word out of John Murphy show with Tasker is he will probably shift to the WIL spot. Just don't see Brown being cut. To much of a cap hit. No guarantee that Ragland is the starter. Unlike in the past he will have to earn the job and he isn't 100% yet so he will behind due to missed practice time.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
Word out of John Murphy show with Tasker is he will probably shift to the WIL spot. Just don't see Brown being cut. To much of a cap hit. No guarantee that Ragland is the starter. Unlike in the past he will have to earn the job and he isn't 100% yet so he will behind due to missed practice time.

To much of a cap hit? the bills will free up 1.9 mil by cutting him and the cap hit would only be $162,000 that isnt high at all. I dont think cap hit is what the issue would be if they were to move on from him it would be strictly on performing in Mcdermotts defense. I am not saying he is likely gone or wanting Brown to go but the chatter was Brown is on the bubble to be cut and this could add to it. He is a capable player in a 4-3 defense as he has proved that his rookie year. Ragland is at 100% according to buffalo bills and from what was expected last offseason he was earning his starting job as he was playing lights out in camp before the injury which if he is able to do that again after this injury I expect him to be the starter week 1 whether Brown is on the bills or not.

I expect the bills to have Alexander, Ragland and hodges as the starting 3 LBs with Milano as the special package LB/S at times. Humbar and Brown could likely be the back ups if they decide to keep 6 LBs.

Thanks Max

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: