You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson 2017 Expectations?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Adrian Peterson 2017 Expectations? Reply with quote

What do you all think his final statline for 2017 will be? How many rushing yards, receptions, receiving yards, and total TDs do you think he'll have?

Will he be the 1b/#2 running back all season long?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it really just depends on how he is running in training camp and in preseason games. If he starts to look like AP of old then Ingam will be taking a backseat as he's just not as good as a near prime AP. If he doesn't then he'll be the #2 with between 5-15 tocuhes a game depending on the flow
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson 2017 Expectations? Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
What do you all think his final statline for 2017 will be? How many rushing yards, receptions, receiving yards, and total TDs do you think he'll have?

Trying to predict final statlines for Saints RBs is just an effort in futility. He's going to be mixed right in the middle of a 3-man rotation, and Payton is notorious for unpredictability when it comes to RBs (along with flat out ignoring the run from time to time).

Add in the fact that both AP and Ingram share a similar skillset, and it's really a toss up. Gun to my head, I would probably say around 800 yards and 6 TDs, assuming he's healthy.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson 2017 Expectations? Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Trying to predict final statlines for Saints RBs is just an effort in futility. He's going to be mixed right in the middle of a 3-man rotation, and Payton is notorious for unpredictability when it comes to RBs (along with flat out ignoring the run from time to time).

Add in the fact that both AP and Ingram share a similar skillset, and it's really a toss up. Gun to my head, I would probably say around 800 yards and 6 TDs, assuming he's healthy.

Not bad. I hope he gets at least 20-30 receptions this year.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all think he will start for the Saints on Opening Day?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

Depends on the script really and pre-season/OTA performance. The way I see it... if the Saints commit more to run (as SP said numerous time), barring any Oline injuries, and pre-season/OTA performances... I'd expect AP to start over Ingram.

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
Raves

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Depends on the script really and pre-season/OTA performance. The way I see it... if the Saints commit more to run (as SP said numerous time), barring any Oline injuries, and pre-season/OTA performances... I'd expect AP to start over Ingram.

IF AP shows he's better than Ingram which is no guarantee based on previous injuries and decline.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson 2017 Expectations? Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
the lone star wrote:

This is the part of his game I'm anxious to see. He's never really been a receiver out of the backfield, but I'm wondering if was partly the teams he was on, partly he's not good at it, partly his running style was just so dominant he didn't need to catch passes etc.

As opposed to signing him as I was, now that he's here I'm starting to get a little excited to see what he can do.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson 2017 Expectations? Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
the lone star wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
the lone star wrote:

This is the part of his game I'm anxious to see. He's never really been a receiver out of the backfield, but I'm wondering if was partly the teams he was on, partly he's not good at it, partly his running style was just so dominant he didn't need to catch passes etc.

As opposed to signing him as I was, now that he's here I'm starting to get a little excited to see what he can do.

Living in MN my entire life I've seen my fair share of Vikings games. With Peterson he is by no means a great receiving back, but he can be effective with some basic routes out of the backfield when paired with a good QB. As his 2009/2010 seasons show, he had his best receiving years of his career which just so happens to be when Favre played for the Vikings. I think with Brees he will be able to make some plays out of the backfield for us in the receiving game. My biggest question is how they will balance the touches for the trio of runningbacks we now have.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: