You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmy Graham to the Steelers?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Graham to the Steelers? Reply with quote

There is nothing in this as someone who said something, but there is something in this as you have a 30 year old player entering the final year of his contract with a team that was just talking about trading Richard Sherman. If the value is there, John Schneider will trade someone he doesn't want to deal with, just like Bill Belichick would do the same thing. I like these GM's.

Now, Pittsburgh is on the precipice of greatness. They pick up some cap space with the release of LaDarius Green. And after signing Le'Veon Bell (by reducing his year one cap hit) they will have somewhere in the neighborhood of $20m in cap space for this year alone. With that money, I would expect Tuitt to get locked up and you'd still have a boatload of cash to play with. You use it or you lose it, well carryover a maximum of $3m.

I don't like risk. I like risk in that you have to take risk to get the prom queen. You have to start Murray in game 4 after Fleury showed some chinks in the armor. But sometimes the risk is too high and you end up with nothing.

Martavis Bryant presents this risk.

The Steelers believe this as they took JuJu Smith-Schuster in the 2nd round. Now, if Justin Hunter, 6'4" 4.35 speed, can do anything eerily reminiscent to Martavis Bryant in his ability to take the top off the coverage I don't hesitate in this move. I trade Martavis Bryant tomorrow. With the risk of losing a Randy Moss type talent. Because I know that I might get Josh Gordon.

Jimmy Graham would end up costing us his base salary of $7,900,000 if he played out his one year remaining on his contract. But that would also be risky. I would modify that contract by making the entire contract worth 4 years, $36,000,000. A $1m less AAV than the contract he signed with the Saints (4 years, $40m)

Signing Bonus: $7,000,000
Year One Base: $900,000 ($7m converted to signing bonus)
March 2018 roster bonus: $3,500,000
Year two Base: $8,000,000
Year three base: $8,750,000
Year four base: $7,850,000

TRADE: Martavis Bryant to SEA for Jimmy Graham and SEA 2018 2nd round pick

Jimmy Graham would give us what LaDarius Green gave us for the six games he played last year. That dynamic tight end that can stretch the field. Graham stretching the field and JuJu working underneath and AB doing AB things that would give us a dynamic passing attack where someone will be open each play. And with Bell out of the backfield for 5 catches a game in check-downs or by design we will get back to that 30 PPG plateau. Todd Haley would have the ability to create a slew of great plays now having an athletic tight end. Our red zone would be better. That's part of the reason for the drafting of JuJu. To me this is a no brainer. Bringing in a great tight end, the best in our history, and taking some excess depth at the wide receiver position and turning that into guaranteed production at the tight end position.

Because, at the end of the day, Martavis Bryant is the ultimate wildcard. He's all or nothing. And I'll cash out $.70 instead of coming home with $0 or $1. All day. Every day.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this might be a rumor when I saw the thread title and it got me excited....

...then I saw who posted it.

Shame on me, I guess. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Some men just want to watch the world burn..."
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

43Mafia - same exact reaction for me! EXACT. SAME. THING. SMH
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**clicks on "Jimmy Graham to Steelers line**

**hopes it's not a post by ironcitykid**

**sees that it's a post by ironcitykid**

**immediate regret**

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I thought this might be a rumor when I saw the thread title and it got me excited....

See if it got you excited then it's a good idea. It seems everyone thinks it's a good idea. Then why not do it?
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came back to delete this post after reading Bryant's comments
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theironcitykid wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

See if it got you excited then it's a good idea. It seems everyone thinks it's a good idea. Then why not do it?

Because this scenario is unrealistic, and I havent given up on Bryant.

I wouldnt mind getting Graham, but I likely wouldnt pay the price needed to get him. Im not a big fan of blockbuster trades unless its a player who you feel is the "missing piece" for a championship team. Only position Id make a blockbuster trade for at this point is a corner or a ballhawking safety.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
theironcitykid wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Because this scenario is unrealistic, and I havent given up on Bryant.

I wouldnt mind getting Graham, but I likely wouldnt pay the price needed to get him. Im not a big fan of blockbuster trades unless its a player who you feel is the "missing piece" for a championship team. Only position Id make a blockbuster trade for at this point is a corner or a ballhawking safety.

100% this. I could post a thread that just says "Khalil Mack to the Steelers?" and it would get people excited initially, but it's still 100% not going to happen.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, we could just stick with the young prospect who plays a similar game that's developing and not waste money?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: