You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official 2017 Baltimore Ravens Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Smith has had major injury issues for his first two seasons and it will cover all of his third too. I don't think he's busted yet though and if ever healthy that could be a huge addition.

Baltimore needs to take some chances at wide receiver. With Wallace a free agent after this season and both Perriman and Moore mostly unproven keeping Devin on the IR for this season is worth it. The talent is there.

Also, this was the wrong thread to post that in. My bad.
Danand

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 23s23 seconds ago

Jets waived/injured former second-round pick Devin Smith.

I would put a waiver claim in on Smith and then wait until after final roster cuts to place him on IR.

He looked like a really good pick, a better Torrey Smith at the time he was drafted, but haven't he had a injury plagued Perriman start to his career?

Or are they waving him for other reasons.

Perriman only missed one season.

This guy was injured in 2015, played four games in 2016, then tore his ACL this offseason (thus will miss 2017).

Well, considering how much of an issue it has been made by our coaching staff, that Perriman missed OTA's and TC last off season, i think it still counts.

But what Devin Smith has run into of injury is just brutal.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3h3 hours ago

Bills also have released T Cyrus Kouandjio.

Might be a likely target for the Ravens if Roman has good input. Kouandjio had that crazy incident a week or so before the draft though so who knows what teams think. Cyrus could be the backup swing tackle Baltimore doesn't have though. Well, unless you count Hurst. I don't. He's just a body that gets thrown out there at either tackle spot in emergency situations.

With the offensive line still so unsettled he could start at right tackle too. It's not a stretch if the team wants to keep Lewis at left guard and actually intends to transition Siragusa to center.

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 53s54 seconds ago

Patriots are signing former Browns WR Andrew Hawkins to a one-year deal, per source.

Another veteran wide receiver off the market. I think that leaves only Vincent Jackson, Victor Cruz, Anquan Boldin, and Stevie Johnson as names worth mentioning.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkins is older than I thought he was... but am I wrong to think he's the guy we should have kicked the tires on? Seemed like a good fit skillset-wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Hawkins is older than I thought he was... but am I wrong to think he's the guy we should have kicked the tires on? Seemed like a good fit skillset-wise.

I'm still interested in Eddie Royal potentially as a slot option.

Also, I think CK would be a great pickup, even if it's just for additional tackle depth. He has the Alabama connection, so you know Ozzie will be more than open to taking him on as a potential reclamation project.

For everyone's reference, CK's draft profile:

Quote:
OVERVIEW

Last name is pronounced "KWON-joe." Parade All-American and elite recruit out of Maryland's DeMatha Catholic. Was a reserve as a true freshman in 2011 when he appeared in eight games before suffering a season-ending torn left ACL and MCL against Tennessee. Started all 26 games at left tackle 2012-13, and was slowed by injuries as a junior.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Excellent body mass with extremely long arms. Uses his length to push rushers wide -- day trip to run the arc on. Has the ability to drop anchor and stymie the bull rush. Can latch onto, control and maul his man. Can hook and seal or widen the hole in the running game. Flashes the ability to bury defenders. Will be a 21-year-old rookie and has clear potential -- is physically gifted with raw, moldable tools.

WEAKNESSES Has heavy legs and lacks ideal foot quickness for blind-side protection. Footwork and hand use have to be coached up -- looks clumsy at times. Carries his hands low. Struggles to subdue counters and gets beat across his face -- limited lateral quickness and needs to strengthen power step and inside punch. Average contact balance -- too often bends at the waist and slides off blocks. Inconsistent clearing his feet through traffic and spends too much time on the ground. Labors to cut off fast-flowing linebackers and sustain on the second level. Could stand to develop more of a mean streak. Tied for the slowest 40 time (5.63 seconds) of any participant at the combine.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 1-2 (top 50)

BOTTOM LINE Massive, long-limbed, inconsistent, overhyped college left tackle whose sheer dimensions, raw tools and high ceiling are far more appealing than his snap-to-snap performance at this stage of his development. Has enough length and anchor strength to survive on the left side, though he will never be a dancing bear, and he projects more ideally as a bulldozing right tackle in a power scheme.

He's still only like 24 or 25, so I could definitely see that move happening.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how he graded out overall, but apparently he only allowed one sack filling in for Cordy Glenn for five games this season.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

No, Hawkins would have been worth taking a flyer on. He wasn't good with Cleveland but I'm not sure that's much of a negative. Gordon certainly thrived when able to get on the field, but he is/was a freak.

I forgot about Royal being released. He would be at the bottom of my list though. Have never been a fan of his.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: