You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 'Ohio' Bengals ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: The 'Ohio' Bengals ? Reply with quote

I remember reading along time ago that Paul Brown considered originally naming The Bengals, 'The Ohio Bengals' to reflect the wider fan base in southern Ohio, and to try and attract non-Browns fans in Columbus to come down to Cincinnati to watch their ball.

Anyone like the idea of renaming the club to reflect its home state, just like the folks in Minneapolis, Nashville and Phoenix do ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carps!
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I live in Columbus. I think it might upset the majority of the fan base.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't particularly care one way or the other. Not like there is a storied history tied to the Cincinnati Bengals that becoming the Ohio Bengals would interfere with. I do think Cincinnati Bengals rolls of the tongue better.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I wouldn't particularly care one way or the other. Not like there is a storied history tied to the Cincinnati Bengals that becoming the Ohio Bengals would interfere with. I do think Cincinnati Bengals rolls of the tongue better.

Only because it's 50 years old now.

Very Happy

That said, changing the name now won't accomplish anything.

I think anyone currently in Ohio has already chosen their team and changing the name won't lure anyone else in. Back in 1968 it may have made sense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: