Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackstar12

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of pressure on the Titans based on how many people are picking them to make the playoffs.
Starless

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackstar12 wrote:
Lots of pressure on the Titans based on how many people are picking them to make the playoffs.
They really should have last year.

Only thing that could potentially trip them up this year is the fact that Mike Mularkey is the coaching equivalent of room temperature ice cream.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People hate too much on Mularkey. He's really not a bad coach.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the OP

I think you should click the link I made, reset it, and add it to the OP, that way posters can accurately fill out their predictions without having the W-L all messed up.

for everyone's convenience. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
How crazy would it be if... you know, things changed!? Has that ever happened in the history of sports before? Streaks ending and teams being passed by other teams? Especially in their division?

The Raiders are the team to beat in the AFC West imvho. The Chiefs will always be a safe bet to do solid, but Oakland is trending up hard and I think they are one of the few teams to potentially rival NE this year.

I don't get why you are getting all sassy with not being a top 2 team in our division btw, as all 4 teams in the AFCW have a very real shot at the playoffs.

So I simply say that the Chiefs won't finish third in the AFC West (again, they won't), and you decide to chime in and insist that the Raiders will win the division. Then you say I'm being sassy. You can't makes this stuff up...

Again, I'm not even claiming the Chiefs will win the division, I'm simply saying they won't finish THIRD. This should not be controversial. Andy Reid has finished third or fourth in his division only 4 times in 18 years as a head coach, and one of those years was his first season coaching. There's a ton of evidence backing up my (pretty unremarkable) assertion, and "I like my team" is not an argument to the contrary.

As an aside- Jack Del Rio has finished third or worse in his division 6 out of 11 years as a head coach. He has never won his division. As much as "things change," the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

game3525 wrote:
The Chargers owned the AFC West for five years and then were dethroned by the Chiefs and never recovered.

Things change.

You are proving my point, though you are wrong about the history. The Chargers dominated the division for 5 years, and then finished 2nd in the division for the next 4 or 5 years. They didn't suddenly drop off the face of the earth. Once the Chargers regressed the Broncos proceeded to finish first in the division for 5 consecutive years. Teams having consistent success in their division is not uncommon, especially when there hasn't been a change at QB or head coach.
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a stab at it.

AFC East

1. Patriots - 14-2
2. Dolphins - 9-7
3. Bills - 6-10
4. Jets - 3-13

AFC North

1. Steelers - 11-5
2. Ravens - 10-6
3. Bengals - 9-7
4. Browns - 4-12

AFC South

1. Titans - 10-6
2. Colts 9-7
3. Texans - 8-8
4. Jaguars - 5-11

AFC West

1. Raiders - 12-4
2. Chiefs - 10-6
3. Chargers - 9-7
4. Broncos - 7-9

NFC East

1. Giants - 11-5
2. Cowboys - 10-6
3. Eagles - 9-7
4. Redskins - 8-8

NFC North

1. Packers - 13-3
2. Lions - 9-7
3. Vikings - 5-11
4. Bears - 2-14

NFC South

1. Buccaneers - 12-4
2. Panthers - 10-6
3. Falcons - 9-7
4. Saints - 7-9

NFC West

1. Seahawks - 11-5
2. Cardinals - 8-8
3. Rams - 6-10
4. 49ers - 3-13

AFC Playoffs

1. Patriots
2. Raiders
3..Steelers
4. Titans
5. Chiefs
6. Ravens

Ravens 23 Steelers 24
Chiefs 27 Titans 30

Patriots 38 Titans 27
Raiders 30 Steelers 28

Patriots 33 Raiders 30

NFC Playoffs

1. Packers
2. Buccaneers
3. Seahawks
4. Giants
5. Cowboys
6. Panthers

Seahawks 24 Panthers 27
Giants 28 Cowboys 27

Packers 31 Giants 24
Buccaneers 21 Panthers 28

Packers 34 Panthers 27

Super bowl

Patriots 30 Packers 31

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Starless

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens seem to be the team with the most polarized expectations.
dmac505

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anc260 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
How crazy would it be if... you know, things changed!? Has that ever happened in the history of sports before? Streaks ending and teams being passed by other teams? Especially in their division?

The Raiders are the team to beat in the AFC West imvho. The Chiefs will always be a safe bet to do solid, but Oakland is trending up hard and I think they are one of the few teams to potentially rival NE this year.

I don't get why you are getting all sassy with not being a top 2 team in our division btw, as all 4 teams in the AFCW have a very real shot at the playoffs.

So I simply say that the Chiefs won't finish third in the AFC West (again, they won't), and you decide to chime in and insist that the Raiders will win the division. Then you say I'm being sassy. You can't makes this stuff up...

Again, I'm not even claiming the Chiefs will win the division, I'm simply saying they won't finish THIRD. This should not be controversial. Andy Reid has finished third or fourth in his division only 4 times in 18 years as a head coach, and one of those years was his first season coaching. There's a ton of evidence backing up my (pretty unremarkable) assertion, and "I like my team" is not an argument to the contrary.

As an aside- Jack Del Rio has finished third or worse in his division 6 out of 11 years as a head coach. He has never won his division. As much as "things change," the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

game3525 wrote:
The Chargers owned the AFC West for five years and then were dethroned by the Chiefs and never recovered.

Things change.

You are proving my point, though you are wrong about the history. The Chargers dominated the division for 5 years, and then finished 2nd in the division for the next 4 or 5 years. They didn't suddenly drop off the face of the earth. Once the Chargers regressed the Broncos proceeded to finish first in the division for 5 consecutive years. Teams having consistent success in their division is not uncommon, especially when there hasn't been a change at QB or head coach.

i personally see KC winning the division, but it really isnt that crazy for someone to say they finish 3rd.
The AFCW is going to be real interesting this season. I think 3 teams could make playoffs
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone predicting Miami to have less than 6 wins is out of their minds Laughing Tannehill would have to regress big-time and the run D would have to be worst than 31st.

Here's mine
https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=EwRhtdgtrep1iAzDcyN0k2Sd4IT5Za7zGLIlEIU6T1QZOZVEEt4zZvfV1KPPumbRyjUhUHigA
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really surprised at how many people think the Vikings are going to be terrible, they have really improved the team from last year. I guess we will see, but i dont see any worse than 9-7. If Teddy comes back 100% (its looking good), this is a young team with a very good defense going into the future. Alot of young talent on offense, (Teddy, Cook, Diggs, Treadwell, Hodges, Thielen)

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsfan93 wrote:
Anyone predicting Miami to have less than 6 wins is out of their minds Laughing Tannehill would have to regress big-time and the run D would have to be worst than 31st.

Here's mine
https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=EwRhtdgtrep1iAzDcyN0k2Sd4IT5Za7zGLIlEIU6T1QZOZVEEt4zZvfV1KPPumbRyjUhUHigA

You have Miami beating Oakland, Carolina, Denver, and Patriots (4 easily losable games) with a record of 9-7, but it's crazy to suggest that they could have less than 6 wins?

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsfan93 wrote:

Here's mine

You hear fans of certain teams saying that every year and every year, some of those teams have less wins than what those fans claimed were crazy for people to predict for them.

What if someone predicted 6 wins for the Bengals or Panthers last year? Both of them were largely viewed as better teams than your team has now.

The Dolphins are nothing special. Tannehill is average at best. Your team has a very tough schedule. Im not even trying to knock on the Phins, but if you were actually objective, you wouldnt completely dismiss the possibility of 6 wins, because its not as crazy as you seem to think it is.

IMO, their window is anywhere from 4 to 9 wins unless they really surprise.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsfan93 wrote:

Here's mine

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas set the over/under for the Browns at 4.5.

I think that this is a pretty fair number. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on them around 6-10 this year. They have the last place schedule in the AFC North with an upgraded OL, that, should they stay healthy, will be a very solid unit.

Their QB position is a giant question mark at best with average skill position players across the board with a lot of youngsters. I could see them being lost/bad at the start of the season and then start to figure it out around the halfway mark...and the same holds for them defensively with a new scheme and youth across the board.

I would be surprised if they were anywhere from 3-13 to 7-9 to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
Im really surprised at how many people think the Vikings are going to be terrible, they have really improved the team from last year. I guess we will see, but i dont see any worse than 9-7. If Teddy comes back 100% (its looking good), this is a young team with a very good defense going into the future. Alot of young talent on offense, (Teddy, Cook, Diggs, Treadwell, Hodges, Thielen)

I think there is bias against them because they loooked as good as any team the first five weeks before their performance really fell off. Falcons had a similar 2015, and I don't remember them getting much respect going into last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: