Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Those Rookies Doing Thread - Brag & Shame
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: How Those Rookies Doing Thread - Brag & Shame Reply with quote

It's that time of year where the rookies are now on the field and word starts to leak out about who is impressing and maybe not doing so well. We spent months if not years talking about these guys. Some of them we backed up and put our reputations on while some of us spent months explaining why a guy would fail.

This is the place to brag/be ashamed of yourself or maybe not be worried and hope long term things work out.

Have fun.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/undrafted-running-back-matt-breida-turning-heads-in-san-francisco/

Matt Breida turning heads in San Francisco.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video of Jim Tomsula coaching up Jonathan Allen: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/05/watch_jonathan_allen_work_with.html

When it comes to the rest of the rookies, every injury-free player is pretty much performing as expected. Though Joshua Holsey has really been impressing so far. I think he has a better than 50% chance of making this roster as a 7th round pick considering the uncertainty for us at Nickel CB.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing really of note was Mahomes leadership, and staying after practice with receivers. Cool

Mahomes also got robbed in Texas though...

EDIT: Also heard good things about Damien Mama

Last edited by Chiefer on Thu May 18, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Though Joshua Holsey has really been impressing so far. I think he has a better than 50% chance of making this roster as a 7th round pick considering the uncertainty for us at Nickel CB.

I've heard that as well, he had some fans here.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/undrafted-running-back-matt-breida-turning-heads-in-san-francisco/

I said after we signed him that he was the one I was most interesting in watching. I was super stoked when we signed him. Last year made no sense in comparison to his previous years, so I thought we may have gotten some value there in UDFA.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
reamer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Though Joshua Holsey has really been impressing so far. I think he has a better than 50% chance of making this roster as a 7th round pick considering the uncertainty for us at Nickel CB.

Yeah, I was a big fan. I hoped that he would be available in UDFA for my team, but good for him for getting drafted. Injuries and testing aside, I think he's a gamer.
VanS

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:

Doesn't surprise me. He was one of my sleepers at RB. I actually thought he would get drafted. His tape reminded me of Cadillac Williams (who was pretty good at Tampa before knee injuries ended his career).
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Yeah, I was a big fan. I hoped that he would be available in UDFA for my team, but good for him for getting drafted. Injuries and testing aside, I think he's a gamer.

Did he have poor testing? His numbers look pretty solid to me...

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/95f44c41df9cd18066982fc103b7a708620b84a9/c=0-89-520-383&r=x329&c=580x326/local/-/media/2017/03/12/Montgomery/Montgomery/636249421858992316-2017-03-12-18-01-18--Aulocal-Auburn-Pro-Day-Measurables---matthewstevens8-gmail.com---Gmail.png
Groink

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyus Bowser all over the field for the Ravens, notching a sack and knocking down passes in coverage against tight ends.

Marlon Humphrey impressing coaches with his smarts, and his athletic ability in drills.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are never, ever going to hear a coaching staff complain about draft picks in training camp, they are protecting their GM who made the picks, unless they want to be looking for a new job. You will only know for sure how the rookies are performing on opening day, when you can see for yourself, how much playing time they are receiving. Until then, it is all hype in order to sell tickets.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack Hollins, WR UNC, is the one I hear most hyped up.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
You are never, ever going to hear a coaching staff complain about draft picks in training camp, they are protecting their GM who made the picks, unless they want to be looking for a new job. You will only know for sure how the rookies are performing on opening day, when you can see for yourself, how much playing time they are receiving. Until then, it is all hype in order to sell tickets.

I can only speak for the Green Bay Packers but we always know who is performing well and who is behind in our mini and training camps. The coaches are usually relatively honest and enough media is covering them so the truth comes out. Not to mention I go to training camp and I see what unit everyone is running with. So we can gauge who playing well and who isn't. The preseason games further expose it too. There have been plenty of Hard Knocks seasons where a struggling rookie has been showcased with a positional coach discussing him openly and honestly. When a rookie is struggling everyone knows. Trying to cover it up is almost impossible.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive skill pos. rookies:

Counselor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they kept the scum bags in the same vicinity of each other in this picture.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: