You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Sign Blount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Good. I'd rather have him go to the Eagles than the Giants.

This, so much this. It was literally my first thought when I heard the news. Thank God he's not a Giant!!
Not sweet we got Blount
Finally signed a legit RB
Finally have a RB bigger then a legalize midget

Just Thank God he's not a Giant. That would of been downright scary!

Nice Signing

Well I mean the Giants running game hasn't been relevant since 2012 and I don't think a guy like Blount could have even helped. It's the little hobbits like Sproles that scare me. The lethal type backs that can gash you over and over. Mad

Which is one of the factors that has kept you from winning anything significant since then. I'd like to keep it that way. Wink

Yea because that 2011 team had an awesome running game... Laughing

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:
Blount showed surprising toughness/physicality around the goal line this past year - something he hasn't shown for most of his tenure in NE. That physicality also seems to disappear in between the 20s.

Blount is a 250 pound back that runs like a guy who weighs 210. He'll break DB arm tackles but will rarely show much else on the LOS. He's quicker for a guy his size, for sure. Solid but inconsistent vision. Not a factor in 3rd down. Has not performed against playoff level defenses/strong run defenses.
This is not true.

All of that is 100% true. The only thing I would add is that he is capable of hitting the homerun but other than that, spot on.

If true imagine what kind of numbers he "could" of put up if not for being as inconsistent as you both make him out to be? Pretty sure his 1200+ and 18TD helped get you to that SB.

It took him 300 carries to get to 1161 yards, and 11 of his TDs came from the 1 yard line. Given those kinds of opportunities, there's a pretty large number of RBs in the NFL that could've replicated that production.

Guess we'll find out if Gillisee can do the same this year since it's so easy. I know for a fact the Eagles had no such player on their roster because we've had more Non conversions on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, Scoring from inside the 5yd line for a TD then probably any team in the league the past few seasons.

So if Blount can help convert those situations, move the chains, turn FG into TD playing situational football, It's a great signing. A welcome and much needed addition to helping Carson Wentz stay on the field.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Good. I'd rather have him go to the Eagles than the Giants.

This, so much this. It was literally my first thought when I heard the news. Thank God he's not a Giant!!
Not sweet we got Blount
Finally signed a legit RB
Finally have a RB bigger then a legalize midget

Just Thank God he's not a Giant. That would of been downright scary!

Nice Signing

Well I mean the Giants running game hasn't been relevant since 2012 and I don't think a guy like Blount could have even helped. It's the little hobbits like Sproles that scare me. The lethal type backs that can gash you over and over. Mad

Which is one of the factors that has kept you from winning anything significant since then. I'd like to keep it that way. Wink

Yea because that 2011 team had an awesome running game... Laughing

That was back when Eli could still carry a team... Laughing
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:
Blount showed surprising toughness/physicality around the goal line this past year - something he hasn't shown for most of his tenure in NE. That physicality also seems to disappear in between the 20s.

Blount is a 250 pound back that runs like a guy who weighs 210. He'll break DB arm tackles but will rarely show much else on the LOS. He's quicker for a guy his size, for sure. Solid but inconsistent vision. Not a factor in 3rd down. Has not performed against playoff level defenses/strong run defenses.
This is not true.

All of that is 100% true. The only thing I would add is that he is capable of hitting the homerun but other than that, spot on.

If true imagine what kind of numbers he "could" of put up if not for being as inconsistent as you both make him out to be? Pretty sure his 1200+ and 18TD helped get you to that SB.

It took him 300 carries to get to 1161 yards, and 11 of his TDs came from the 1 yard line. Given those kinds of opportunities, there's a pretty large number of RBs in the NFL that could've replicated that production.

Guess we'll find out if Gillisee can do the same this year since it's so easy. I know for a fact the Eagles had no such player on their roster because we've had more Non conversions on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, Scoring from inside the 5yd line for a TD then probably any team in the league the past few seasons.

So if Blount can help convert those situations, move the chains, turn FG into TD playing situational football, It's a great signing. A welcome and much needed addition to helping Carson Wentz stay on the field.

He is not that reliable on down and distance, which is odd because he is at the goalline.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

Not converting 3rd and 4th and 1s has a lot more to do with the offensive line and the play calling than it does the running back. Not to say the running back is irrelevant, but Ryan Mathews is a powerful runner, he could do the same thing and more if he could ever stay on the field.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

When rushing on 3rd and 1 or 4th and one last season, Philadelphia had a success rate of 68.8%. If you go back a few years, let's say the past 3 seasons total, that number actually rises to 80%. Blount last year converted 75% of those situations. With Philadelphia's attempts last year, the difference between 68.8% and 75% is one success. Over the course of a season. And that's ignoring the fact that they clearly haven't been one of the worst of any team in the past few seasons.

Don't get me wrong, Blount isn't a bad signing. He's cheap and low risk, and just adds to a mixed backfield. More bodies there never hurts. But you're expecting a monumental difference that just isn't going to be there. He had a strong OL, and still just performed fairly average in short yard situations. Despite his size, he is not Jerome Bettis or Mike Alstott. He won't be the drive extending guaranteed short yardage monster you seem to believe he is.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit of a shame. Blount has shown to be one of the more durable and productive backs in the league the past couple years, but he can't get a fraction of what other players are making because his efficiency numbers are pretty bad.

I'm glad the Patriots didn't re-sign him, but I hope he tears it up in Philly.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Yin-Yang wrote:

This is not true.

Hes hard as hell to tackle, i dont know where you been. Linebackers and just about every one has a hard time wrapping him up one on one.

Laughing

I've been watching every game of him in a Pats uniform.

Cool been following him since his Freshmen year at Oregon and I follow the Patriots pretty closely.

If he can burn you he will, it's stupid to make contact just cause your big specially if your like him and have agility and speed to beat some one in a foot race.

He's hard to tackle tho one on one, he runs through people's arms like there pool noodles.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, what is your point? Is he capable of breaking tackles? Well yea. Is he a consistent and efficient running back? No, not really. He is like a .150 hitter that swats 40+ long balls a season.

Sigs-Taking Requests
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.150? SMH that's super disrespectful. Glad he left. Spoiled mofos.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

What a coincidence, so am I!

148 of his rushing attempts went for 2 or less yards. THATS 49.6% OF HIS CARRIES.

11% went for negative yards
23% went for no gain or less
60% went for 3 or less yards
28% of his runs would be considered good and productive (4 or more yards), Most RB's sit at about 40% on this and the really good ones are 50%+

Don't be deceived by his overall stats

Sigs-Taking Requests
areksoo

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriot RBs typically don't do as well after they leave the Patriots... at least in the Bellichick era. Vereen, Ridley, Malroney, etc all garbage after leaving the Pats. BenJarvus Green-Ellis had his career best in yards, but y/c was down and only scored half the number of TDs.

I don't think anyone is expecting Blount to score 18 TDs for the Eagles or even run for 1K yards. But I think if the Eagles use him correctly, Blount will make some highlight reel plays for them.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

148 of his rushing attempts went for 2 or less yards. THATS 49.6% OF HIS CARRIES.

28% of his runs would be considered good and productive (4 or more yards), Most RB's sit at about 40% on this and the really good ones are 50%+

Since Blount is on record as a Eagle during an interview saying situation football dictates alot about what he's going to do on the field from a RB perspective. Meaning if it's 3rd and 1 / 3rd and 2 he's not concerned about hitting the home run but picking up that 1-2 yards first, do his job, anything else is gravy.

How many of those runs 148 were situational football since you have the stats in front of you? I'm curious if those numbers change at all needing those 1-2 yards on any given down? What % picked up 1st downs? Helped Scored TD? Led to FG? That's truly the only number I care about. Helping the Eagles score points and convert.

No one to my knowledge as a Eagle fan is suggesting LB is going to set the world on fire in Philly running for 1400+ and 25TD. However this nonchalant attitude now that LB isn't a Patriot as though he really didn't matter to that Offense (#'s above) ,didn't really do anything special , any RB on the planet could of recreated the same production is comical. If Blount was still a Patriot you'd all be signing his praises right now, let's be real. I Know it, You know it, the entire FF Forum knows it. That's all.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//
Yin-Yang

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

Since Blount is on record as a Eagle during an interview saying situation football dictates alot about what he's going to do on the field from a RB perspective. Meaning if it's 3rd and 1 / 3rd and 2 he's not concerned about hitting the home run but picking up that 1-2 yards first, do his job, anything else is gravy.

How many of those runs 148 were situational football since you have the stats in front of you? I'm curious if those numbers change at all needing those 1-2 yards on any given down? What % picked up 1st downs? Helped Scored TD? Led to FG? That's truly the only number I care about. Helping the Eagles score points and convert.

No one to my knowledge as a Eagle fan is suggesting LB is going to set the world on fire in Philly running for 1400+ and 25TD. However this nonchalant attitude now that LB isn't a Patriot as though he really didn't matter to that Offense (#'s above) ,didn't really do anything special , any RB on the planet could of recreated the same production is comical. If Blount was still a Patriot you'd all be signing his praises right now, let's be real. I Know it, You know it, the entire FF Forum knows it. That's all.

Wrong.

A large portion of the Pats fans here have been wanting Blount gone for a while now. Go and look back (you won't) and you'll see.

biletnikoff wrote:
I can guarantee the Pats wont make it to the SB. Thats a lock. I will not be wrong. It doesnt matter whether its because of losses or Brady going down.It just wont happen.
Crickett

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yin-Yang wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

Wrong.

A large portion of the Pats fans here have been wanting Blount gone for a while now. Go and look back (you won't) and you'll see.

Citation requested.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: