Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Quote:
“I think we saw a shift last year,” Rodgers said, “as we shifted away from really an ‘11’ personnel — three receiver, one tight end, one running back exclusive personnel — to really mixing things up, and Mike did a great job of that, of really evolving the offense and trying to get more people involved as we saw it was going to be important that we didn’t just stick in one personnel group.”

Revealing IMO.

thank god
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Quote:
“I think we saw a shift last year,” Rodgers said, “as we shifted away from really an ‘11’ personnel — three receiver, one tight end, one running back exclusive personnel — to really mixing things up, and Mike did a great job of that, of really evolving the offense and trying to get more people involved as we saw it was going to be important that we didn’t just stick in one personnel group.”

Revealing IMO.

Criticizing the offense?

Welcome to the Bears Aaron when you're cut next week.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Quote:

Revealing IMO.

thank god

Love Mac mixing up the offense. We have all the weapons to hit teams with everything and the kitchen sink this season. Rodgers is right this offense is going to dominate.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Quote:

Revealing IMO.

More creativity, less volume

“I think we’re going to have a lot more flexibility in that package,” Aaron Rodgers said. “(The) ‘12’ personnel is more of a run-pass balanced personnel and it has been throughout the league and for us the past few years. The opportunity to put two guys on the line of scrimmage and have an opportunity to run right, run left and then run all of our vertical passing game is going to be something that could definitely change and be more difficult to stop.”
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wandering around today, came across this one for your consideration

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html

What some scouts were saying about Aaron Rodgers before he was drafted:

Marc Ross, Buffalo: "He's a little short. The thing you worry about is those (Jeff) Tedford guys. They don't do anything for a couple years and then they have a good year or two. Who of his quarterbacks has done what they're supposed to do? None of them. Is he just working magic with great college quarterbacks or just manufacturing guys?"

Rich Snead, Tennessee: "I like him. I just don't know if he's maxed out. He's more accurate than (Kyle) Boller but probably not as athletic. He's a better player than Akili Smith. He's more athletic than (Trent) Dilfer was. He's a little more mobile than Joey Harrington. He had to go to a JC because no one would recruit him because they said he was too small. He's been busting his (expletive) his whole life to get to this point. I just don't know how much more he has to give."

Jerry Angelo, Chicago: "I'd give Rodgers the edge (over Smith) just because he was easier to evaluate. And there's a little more arm. But the edge is negligible."

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

Couple more in the link. Just shows how difficult it is to project a how a college player will fare in the NFL...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
wandering around today, came across this one for your consideration

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html

What some scouts were saying about Aaron Rodgers before he was drafted:

Marc Ross, Buffalo: "He's a little short. The thing you worry about is those (Jeff) Tedford guys. They don't do anything for a couple years and then they have a good year or two. Who of his quarterbacks has done what they're supposed to do? None of them. Is he just working magic with great college quarterbacks or just manufacturing guys?"

Rich Snead, Tennessee: "I like him. I just don't know if he's maxed out. He's more accurate than (Kyle) Boller but probably not as athletic. He's a better player than Akili Smith. He's more athletic than (Trent) Dilfer was. He's a little more mobile than Joey Harrington. He had to go to a JC because no one would recruit him because they said he was too small. He's been busting his (expletive) his whole life to get to this point. I just don't know how much more he has to give."

Jerry Angelo, Chicago: "I'd give Rodgers the edge (over Smith) just because he was easier to evaluate. And there's a little more arm. But the edge is negligible."

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

Couple more in the link. Just shows how difficult it is to project a how a college player will fare in the NFL...

This is why I don't trust the train pros in the NFL.

I use Twitter. Those guys are brilliant.
driftwood

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if anyone, including Rodgers thought he would become what he has today... lets be honest here now that some time has passed to assess the situation

it was really the perfect storm for him whether we knew it at the time or not (& most of us obviously didn't)...

just think about the road hes took to get to this point.

slighted by his favorite team in the draft (9ers & soon to be head coach)... passed on by basically 2/3rds of the league before a non-qb needy team decided to take a chance (while waiting in a room so every camera can scrutinize him for hours). TT caught heat for it too because there were other glaring needs then QB at the time. rodgers obviously took unwarranted heat because favre was here to stay (or so we thought)... then a couple years pass & rodgers really didnt look all that impressive during his pre-seasons either which got fans even more riled up. then the whole favre saga unfolds.

now you have a pissed off Rodgers getting unwarranted hate from favre fans. A pissed off favre not feeling welcomed from the front office on top of having a highly drafted frustrated qb behind him. & most likely a pissed off staff from having to hear about it all the time.

it all starts with a motivated rodgers who was quietly getting some really good tutelage from the coaching staff. then TT drops a bomb on the entire franchise & decides once favre slipped up & committed to retirement he would basically give rodgers the keys definitively.

then the magic happens.

i have a hard time thinking this would have happened on another team... Rodgers is clearly talented but the mental part of it may not have ever sparked enough for him to get to this level on another team. there were so many things fueling up his fire in green bay early on & we all know AR runs on jet fuel when it comes to being motivated by slight.

im curious what happened to him in the alternate universe lol
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Rodgers' career arc had the perfect beginning for someone with an immense amount of pride, ability and intelligence. It's a big reason why he is who he is now.
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
yeah, Rodgers' career arc had the perfect beginning for someone with an immense amount of pride, ability and intelligence. It's a big reason why he is who he is now.

Evidently he also rebuilt himself physically while he sat.

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACME PACKING with (2) articles on Mr Rodgers

First one talks about his historic TD %

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2017/6/2/15728328/aaron-rodgers-in-context-touchdown-percentage-among-nfls-all-time-best-history

2nd article is on his historically low INT %

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2017/6/3/15728372/aaron-rodgers-in-context-best-ever-at-avoiding-interceptions-by-the-numbers

And here's where he sits on a couple of ALL TIME lists

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_perc_career.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_career.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres some "WOW":

Aaron needs 23 TD passes to become 7th all time. 45 for 6th all time.

123 to move into 5th place all time with Marino.

If he averaged 35 TDs over the next 7 seasons he would pass Manning. That isnt impossible IMO, but would be difficult. Some 40+ seasons would help.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For playoffs, Rodgers needs 8 more to tie Favre for 3rd place and 9 more to tie Montana for 2nd place all time in TD passes. 3 above average games and hes got it (Averages 2.5 TD passes per playoff start).

He trails Brady by 27 who's also adding to his total, might not ever be able to catch him.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
For playoffs, Rodgers needs 8 more to tie Favre for 3rd place and 9 more to tie Montana for 2nd place all time in TD passes. 3 above average games and hes got it (Averages 2.5 TD passes per playoff start).

He trails Brady by 27 who's also adding to his total, might not ever be able to catch him.

I suspect Brady's playing days are numbered - only because he is turning 40 in August. 2017 might be his last season playing at a high level. Only a tiny handful of QBs were still productive (or even on an NFL roster) at this age. Nobody can beat Father Time = including Tom Brady.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

I suspect Brady's playing days are numbered - only because he is turning 40 in August. 2017 might be his last season playing at a high level. Only a tiny handful of QBs were still productive (or even on an NFL roster) at this age. Nobody can beat Father Time = including Tom Brady.

As Packers fans, we can hope.

With Rodgers current average it would take 10 playoff games to tie that record if Brady quit today.
persiandud

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

never, ever doubt Tom Brady

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 34 of 38

Jump to: