Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

(The O.T.) Is that a llght at the end of the tunnel? Maybe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromartie is having his 14th kid. At what point do you just stop....?

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Me? 2.

I'm not certain the idiot has connected the dots as to how this happens.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Me? 2.

I'm not certain the idiot has connected the dots as to how this happens.

Somebody needs to disconnect his dots.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOwKo9tVO9U

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excited about Zimmer finally getting called up. I know he had issues with striking out in the minors but when he doesnt strike out he crushing the ball.

Gets his first start and strikes out in his 3 plate appearances...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have dealings with Ryan Homes?

We gave them a $1500 good faith deposit for a build we were going to have done. They wanted more, however, we told them that we wouldn't have it until we sold our house. They would not sign a contingency deal with us, and after our home was up for almost 30 days, they threatened to open the property up to other buyers.

We did sell our home right around the 30 day mark, and we were told by the lender that works with Ryan, that our build would start a week after we closed on our house. (This was NEVER stated by their sales rep to us)

After ignoring our email for several days, the sales rep confirmed that we wouldn't start till a week after our house closed (3 weeks later than it says on the contract) We decided f them and we were gonna part ways.

Finally a manager contacted us and tried to make things right, but we have already moved forward, and away from the build. He said that WE were the ones not acting in good faith, and that they would be keeping our deposit.

Should we be able to get that back????

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

We gave them a $1500 good faith deposit for a build we were going to have done. They wanted more, however, we told them that we wouldn't have it until we sold our house. They would not sign a contingency deal with us, and after our home was up for almost 30 days, they threatened to open the property up to other buyers.

We did sell our home right around the 30 day mark, and we were told by the lender that works with Ryan, that our build would start a week after we closed on our house. (This was NEVER stated by their sales rep to us)

After ignoring our email for several days, the sales rep confirmed that we wouldn't start till a week after our house closed (3 weeks later than it says on the contract) We decided f them and we were gonna part ways.

Finally a manager contacted us and tried to make things right, but we have already moved forward, and away from the build. He said that WE were the ones not acting in good faith, and that they would be keeping our deposit.

Not a Ryan Homes fan at all.

It depends on the language of the contract. If it says that they can keep your deposit, then you're out of luck. Can you elaborate on "make things right"? If they reached out, you may be out of luck since you were the ones that walked away.

However, if it's contingent upon the agreed upon date (check the fine print for "extenuating circumstances"), then you should get your deposit back as the contract was broken.

However, getting a lawyer involved, you probably will lose money due to fees.

Best wishes!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Not a Ryan Homes fan at all.

It depends on the language of the contract. If it says that they can keep your deposit, then you're out of luck. Can you elaborate on "make things right"? If they reached out, you may be out of luck since you were the ones that walked away.

However, if it's contingent upon the agreed upon date (check the fine print for "extenuating circumstances"), then you should get your deposit back as the contract was broken.

However, getting a lawyer involved, you probably will lose money due to fees.

Best wishes!

Thanks MWIl

Well they missed some key dates in the contract, and they also sent an addendum that we never signed. The addendum wanted some additional cash (that we didn't have) and we expressed to them again that we wouldn't have money until our house sold. Had they been straight from the beginning about the start time of the build being based on when they got their money, we would have walked prior to giving a deposit.

We have a lawyer that will look over the contract (pro bono) and let us know if we have a case.

btw..."the make things right" means they were going to move up the date of the build to the original date. We don't trust them, though, at this point, and are looking at existing houses.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

Thanks MWIl

No problem, happy to help however I can. I hope it works out! Ryan Homes is too "cookie cutter" for me, and my brother in law is a contractor. He is a very reliable source and told my wife and I both that they cheap out on materials, cut corners, and use construction grade materials instead of long term durability. A lot of issues will occur 10-15 years down the road.

Well they missed some key dates in the contract, and they also sent an addendum that we never signed. The addendum wanted some additional cash (that we didn't have) and we expressed to them again that we wouldn't have money until our house sold. Had they been straight from the beginning about the start time of the build being based on when they got their money, we would have walked prior to giving a deposit.

We have a lawyer that will look over the contract (pro bono) and let us know if we have a case.

That's GOOD! He can answer the below then.

btw..."the make things right" means they were going to move up the date of the build to the original date. We don't trust them, though, at this point, and are looking at existing houses.

I understand the lack of trust here. However, I'm worried that per the bold, this is where you'll "lose" your case. If they were willing to stick to the original, contractual guidelines, then you may be "out of luck" here.

Responses in blue.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Thanks MWIl

No problem, happy to help however I can. I hope it works out! Ryan Homes is too "cookie cutter" for me, and my brother in law is a contractor. He is a very reliable source and told my wife and I both that they cheap out on materials, cut corners, and use construction grade materials instead of long term durability. A lot of issues will occur 10-15 years down the road.

I understand the lack of trust here. However, I'm worried that per the bold, this is where you'll "lose" your case. If they were willing to stick to the original, contractual guidelines, then you may be "out of luck" here.

Responses in blue.

I have a friend who is a contractor for a well-known new home builder in Columbus.

He said the shingles they use can be torn with your bare hands, and that 90% of the remediation he does (and a number of lawsuits) are related to these shingles. But corporate has a contract to use them, so that's what they use.

Probably a common theme with new home builders.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Thanks MWIl

Responses in blue.

I have a friend who is a contractor for a well-known new home builder in Columbus.

He said the shingles they use can be torn with your bare hands, and that 90% of the remediation he does (and a number of lawsuits) are related to these shingles. But corporate has a contract to use them, so that's what they use.

Probably a common theme with new home builders.

Yea I am not surprised. I should have paid more attention to the poor reviews that are out there. I guess it depends on the builder, but they are going to put things up as cheap as the law allows.

This is a case where "new" is not always better.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be taking a break for awhile. I will eventually be back. Going through some issues.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I'm going to be taking a break for awhile. I will eventually be back. Going through some issues.

Hope you get them squared away. I appreciate your opinions and views. You'll be missed on here.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Hope you get them squared away. I appreciate your opinions and views. You'll be missed on here.

Same. I promise I'll stop calling you droopy.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Hang in there and check in occasionally.

Take care bud.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be here if you need us.[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: