Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bob McGinn with worst mock draft :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
i feel like i remember never liking bedard

he tended to be overly critical for sure but i didn't mind him too much... it certainly didn't feel like he had an axe to grind or anything, but rather just really high standards of production?
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont care if they are critical, cannot be like that MN guy forget his name, every team has weaknesses, but having an agenda I mean the cops were putting together clues in his articles if TT every disappeared.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/16/nfl-rookie-contracts-fine-print

Former Packers cap guru, Andrew Brandt, with an interesting article on the fine print of rookie deals and this snippet on recently retired Bob McGinn

" Many of us at the Packers felt that we were working for a public trust, and that we needed to act with that in mind at all times. Bob treated his job the same way.
He was a grinder whose coverage never lacked for thoroughness. And not only did his vast reader base look forward to Bobís positional grades for the game every week,
we did so at the Packers as well ! "

I imagine they were a source of some humor, some agreement and some derision, not unlike the comments in this thread.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Cheese-Mo wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
"McGinn is a hack" is a fairly popular meme, both here and elsewhere
But many of you have no sources, put in zero homework, invest little effort, no links, no sources and just spew your opinions, yet somehow look down your noses at a professional journalist ? laughable

McGinn isn't perfect nor is he always correct, but if we apply the same criteria to most of the authors here, they'd pale in comparison.

Take his work for what its worth and if you think you can do better, then please have at it, we'd all be better off for the time and effort you invest in making a high quality post for us to read.

Otherwise, STFU with your ripping, it brings nothing to the table and any monkey can do it.

Agreed!
At least McGinn has the guts to say it as it is at times. There are far too many media members in Wisconsin that post nothing but cheerleading, homer fluff.
MCGinn quite often gives us an much need critical perspective.

Eh, I really enjoy reading McGinn's stuff from scouts, ect and i think he is knowledgeable about the NFL and especialyl the Green Bay Packers. That said, it really gets old when he feels the need to constantly project his opinion of how the packers should run the organization. I guess I'm one of those who feels it's his job to report the facts, not his opinions.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
"McGinn is a hack" is a fairly popular meme, both here and elsewhere
But many of you have no sources, put in zero homework, invest little effort, no links, no sources and just spew your opinions, yet somehow look down your noses at a professional journalist ? laughable

McGinn isn't perfect nor is he always correct, but if we apply the same criteria to most of the authors here, they'd pale in comparison.

Take his work for what its worth and if you think you can do better, then please have at it, we'd all be better off for the time and effort you invest in making a high quality post for us to read.

Otherwise, STFU with your ripping, it brings nothing to the table and any monkey can do it.

hes basically the only local beat writer to take heat & there is a very good reason for it (& it has nothing to do with his mock drafts)...

nobody here spews consistent hate about nagler, dimovsky, silverstien, wood, wes hod, cohen, wilde, ect... mcginn is just a bitter ahole with sources now & if you cant see that with his articles over the last 10 years then its on you

Nagler is a total hack, as are most of the people he talks to.

Most of the Gannett writers are subpar, but what do you expect in such a small market?

Dunne was the one Packers beat writer that could actually convey a compelling story and now he's gone. The only other writers who can get close to that level (on occasion) are Wood and Hod. The problem is that only one of them still works for Gannett.

Just remember to use these writers purely as a source of information and not as a source of football analysis because they will definitely let you down if you expect the latter.

Nagler's living the dream. He's a good guy and really never has claimed to be super knowledgable. He's just a fan with a platform. He turned what was really just talking Packers with a buddy in front of a cam in his spare room/time into a legit gig with hustle and want. Good for him.

Really? Nagler comes off as very condescending about football, packers, and in general to me.

I do enjoy his cut ups and some of his insight, however.

Also, Nagler, we get it, you have political opinions, you drink, and live in NYC. I don't need to constantly hear/read about them.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:

Really? Nagler comes off as very condescending about football, packers, and in general to me.

I do enjoy his cut ups and some of his insight, however.

Also, Nagler, we get it, you have political opinions, you drink, and live in NYC. I don't need to constantly hear/read about them.

Just about what I think of him. He does try so hard though, bless his little heart.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nagler was the one who posted that post-draft meltdown where the guys trash a room and call Thompson a nazi-[inappropriate/removed] jew after the Harrell pick
It was a staged faux outrage, but that's the kind of crapola Nagler was peddling early in his career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw

Mr Nagler was also an early proponent of the concept that "Rodgers wasn't clutch" and that "MM needed to go".
There are any number of idiotic topics that Nagler pushed, perhaps to drive ratings at the fledgling CHTV.

He's a self-important doofus, but that's hardly a crime and he's done quite well for himself given his limited skill set.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

He's a self-important doofus, but that's hardly a crime and he's done quite well for himself given his limited skill set.

I don't want to prosecute him, though I don't mind persecuting him.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: