Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knockin' on Valhalla's Door
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
I had such high hopes for Gordon. Since I had seen him play at KU, I was pulling for him because he had the heart and mind to make the squad. Unfortunately, the body did not hold up it's end of the bargain.

Didn't he suffer a pretty bad knee or leg injury during a punt return or something like that?

Yeah against Green Bay

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story/_/id/3692128

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samantha Ponder and Suzy Kolber are tweaking their roles at ESPN. Ponder is leaving ESPN's College GameDay for a seat at Sunday NFL Countdown. Ponder, who has been with College GameDay since 2012, becomes the new host of Sunday NFL Countdown.

Ponder: "I couldn't be more grateful to be a part of the Sunday NFL Countdown family. There is no such thing as replacing Chris Berman, but the chance to build on his incredible legacy while simultaneously taking new risks to serve NFL fans is the opportunity of a lifetime."

She will also contribute NFL interviews and features.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/samantha_ponder_leaving_colleg.html

Everson Griffen: ďWe can be special. But itís up to us.Ē
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts keep extolling the virtues of increased competition. But itís not just talk. Theyíre walking the walk, too ó even on special teams. Thatís where the Colts have added rookie free agent Rigoberto Sanchez from the University of Hawaii, a player they strongly suggest will get a legitimate opportunity to compete for the punting and kickoff duties.

The Colts made it a point to sign free-agent punter Jeff Locke in March as a likely replacement for McAfee, but Sanchez ó who handled punts, kickoffs and field goals in college ó could have something to say about that before itís over with.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/05/13/colts-rookie-camp-observations-competition-punter/320770001/

TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Samantha Ponder and Suzy Kolber are tweaking their roles at ESPN. Ponder is leaving ESPN's College GameDay for a seat at Sunday NFL Countdown. Ponder, who has been with College GameDay since 2012, becomes the new host of Sunday NFL Countdown.

Ponder: "I couldn't be more grateful to be a part of the Sunday NFL Countdown family. There is no such thing as replacing Chris Berman, but the chance to build on his incredible legacy while simultaneously taking new risks to serve NFL fans is the opportunity of a lifetime."

She will also contribute NFL interviews and features.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/samantha_ponder_leaving_colleg.html

She's an outstanding journalist/analyst. I'll be watching ESPN this year.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After taking a close-up look at one veteran running back at last weekís rookie minicamp, the Detroit Lions have decided for now to stick with their current backfield. The Lions did not sign Matt Asiata after his three-day tryout with the team, though by all accounts his workout went well.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/05/15/detroit-lions-matt-asiata/322334001/

disaacs

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers officially claimed DT Toby Johnson off of waivers from the Vikings on Thursday.

http://nfltraderumors.co/panthers-claim-dt-toby-johnson-off-waivers-vikings/

Thx to Lil Uno!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
The Carolina Panthers officially claimed DT Toby Johnson off of waivers from the Vikings on Thursday.

http://nfltraderumors.co/panthers-claim-dt-toby-johnson-off-waivers-vikings/

Carolina is turning into Vikings south apparently? Is Seattle still Vikings West?

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In two days, Bud Grant turns 90, and heís blessed with a large family that remains actively involved with him, and with his latest garage sale. Hereís hoping it really wonít be his last. Grant has more than 30 years of active retirement since leaving the Vikings for a second time, after a one-year return to the team following a disastrous 3-13 season under Les Steckel. In Grantís wake is a career that still has him being the winningest coach in Vikings history, a four-time Grey Cup winner as a CFL coach, a former CFL player, a former NFL player, a former NBA player (with the Minneapolis Lakers), and a three-sport athlete at the University of Minnesota.

As to Grantís career as coach of the Vikings, a team he took to four Super Bowls, he provided a pragmatic response when asked to reflect on the biggest win of his career: ďWell, if youíre going to succeed in this business, you donít live in the past. If you win or lose, the next day you got to to move on. And remember, football is entertainment. Itís not life or death. It may appear to be that for some people. But itís basically entertainment. Itís like going to a show of any kind. Itís over, itís over, and you move on. I donít dwell or replay or have anything that would ó I have no trophies up here, I have no trophy room. Nothing that stands out as a signature game or a signature win or loss. You kind of move on.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/bud-grants-final-garage-last-may-not-be-his-last-one/

disaacs

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest win of his career probably involved a time that he brought home a trophy buck. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
In two days, Bud Grant turns 90, and heís blessed with a large family that remains actively involved with him, and with his latest garage sale. Hereís hoping it really wonít be his last. Grant has more than 30 years of active retirement since leaving the Vikings for a second time, after a one-year return to the team following a disastrous 3-13 season under Les Steckel. In Grantís wake is a career that still has him being the winningest coach in Vikings history, a four-time Grey Cup winner as a CFL coach, a former CFL player, a former NFL player, a former NBA player (with the Minneapolis Lakers), and a three-sport athlete at the University of Minnesota.

As to Grantís career as coach of the Vikings, a team he took to four Super Bowls, he provided a pragmatic response when asked to reflect on the biggest win of his career: ďWell, if youíre going to succeed in this business, you donít live in the past. If you win or lose, the next day you got to to move on. And remember, football is entertainment. Itís not life or death. It may appear to be that for some people. But itís basically entertainment. Itís like going to a show of any kind. Itís over, itís over, and you move on. I donít dwell or replay or have anything that would ó I have no trophies up here, I have no trophy room. Nothing that stands out as a signature game or a signature win or loss. You kind of move on.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/18/bud-grants-final-garage-last-may-not-be-his-last-one/

Probably a philosophy we fans should subscribe to! I know that I still get angry thinking about the "Hail Mary" game in '75 against Dallas!! I should let it go now...but truthfully, it's only been 42 years!! It's still fresh. Laughing Laughing Laughing
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 events that are still fresh in my mind of Minnesota sports history:

Denny taking a knee in the NFC Championship Game
and
the day that the jackwagon Norm Greed moved the North Stars to Dallas

Thx to Lil Uno!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Gerald Hodges job tour continues.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the free-agent linebacker will visit the Bills today and the Giants on Tuesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/22/gerald-hodges-visiting-bills-giants/

Thx to Lil Uno!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 77th birthday to Mick Tingelhoff!

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Media's Steve Wyche travels to what may be former Minnesota Vikings head coach Bud Grant's final garage sale.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Bud_Grant_Hosts_His_Final_Garage_Sale/36d47f58-7187-482e-a026-6ed33b06234a

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Michael Bennett, a former first-round draft pick who finished his NFL career with the Raiders in 2010, was sentenced Wednesday in Sonoma County Court to five years in state prison.

Bennett, 38, had pleaded guilty in March to felonies that included ​burglary, identity theft, and attempted theft from an elder adult in an amount exceeding $100,000.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/24/former-nfl-running-back-sent-to-prison/

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 79 of 80

Jump to: