You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/markieff-morris-explains-why-he-slapped-espns-stephen-smith-butt-after-wizards?utm_content=buffer6d45e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Markieff Morris explains why he slapped ESPN'S Stephen A. Smith on the butt after the Wizards win over the Celtics in game 6:

Quote:
'He's always talking trash'

The NBA playoff education of John Wall and Bradley Beal
Quote:
Said Ian Mahinmi, a former postseason opponent and current teammate of the Wizards' backcourt duo: “Those guys are not babies anymore. They’re closers."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2017/05/13/the-nba-playoff-education-of-john-wall-and-bradley-beal/

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Wizards Could Trade Marcin Gortat In the Off-Season

http://wizofawes.com/2017/03/20/washington-wizards-mailbag-monday-marcin-gortat-traded-off-season/‬

Quote:
Gortat is a system player. When the team’s offense is clicking, Gortat is involved and putting up double-doubles. He’s not the type of player that can command the ball inside and score on his own. He’s completely dependent on others, in this case, Wall. To make matters worse, Gortat isn’t known for his rim protection, so his production is kind of nullified if he’s not scoring.

Ian Mahinmi is different because he can make game-changing plays. Even if he scores just 6 points off the bench, there’s a solid chance the points came from put-back dunks or lobs. Those plays make a difference, moreso than pick-and-rolls.

Gortat is 33 years old and Mahinmi is 30. Gortat has two years left on his deal and Mahinmi has three. Having two high-salaried centers on a roster doesn’t make any sense in today’s NBA and Mahinmi has a game that translate more to the modern style. He’s defensive-minded and low-key effective on offense.
I agree with Ben, the Wizards should move Gortat. Even if it's just for a back up guard and/or a mid first to late first round draft pick, they should do it. I want Mahinmi to start and be the focal point of the team for the next few years in the middle as well, I just worry about his health. He seems so brittle.

If Mahinmi was healthy this entire year I believe the team would have finished first in the eastern conference - and not the Celtics - his defense and rebouonding make such a huge difference for our team. Without him in the game our interior defense is soft, with him in the game guards fear going into the paint a bit more. Getting a younger guard who can back up at PG & SG for Gortat and a draft pick would be great for the wiz this offseason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! The Wizards were so close! Beal (38 pts), Morris (18 pts) and Porter (20 pts)balled out but Wall was only 8-23 and why did Wall take 8, 3's?

He was only 1-8 on 3's.

He was missing layups and losing the ball on the way to the hoop and everything. He didn't pick a good time to have two of his worst games of the year back to back. Sad

It's sad to say this because I love Wall, but his poor shooting cost the Wizards the game and almost cost them game 6 until he hit that last second shot. The other forwards and Beal came to play in game 7 vs the Celtics but although Wall's stat line looks good (18 pts, 11 asts, 7 rebs) he was the least efficient player on the court for the Wizards.

Wall only shot 35% from the field and only 13% from 3. If he just did his average of 48% from the field and 31% from 3, the Wizards win the game and are in the Eastern Conference Finals. Twisted Evil

If Wall did his average for the season he would have had 31 points and the Wizards would have probably won.

Also, the wizards defense down the stretch was atrocious. I understand why they had Bogdanovic on the court because of his shooting late in the 4th, but they should have had Oubre out there to guard Thomas and then doubled Thomas with someone else when he went in the hole. Bogdanovic is really bad on defense.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gortat and Mahimi were trash and trasher.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh no, the fact that we have no bench whatsoever cost us this game. We don't even have a back up PG to spell Wall. He blew all of our cap space on Ian Mahinmi, Andrew Nicholson and Jason Smith. To make matters worse he then had to give our first round pick away to unload the awful Nicholson contract which resulted in us being stuck with another Euro baller who can't play defense and jacks up threes all game. The Gortat contract is turning into an albatross as his skill has started to really erode.

Grunfeld is basically the Matt Millen of the NBA but without consequences for his actions. He has a lifetime contract that allows him to make stupid move after stupid move. I mean he actually thought Trey Burke was going to be a viable replacement for Ramon Sessions and then tried to feed us this bull about Tomas Satoransky being any good. The bench is a disaster and we have almost no way to fix it. Back to back years of no draft picks and somehow this guy continues to be the GM here....
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Uh no, the fact that we have no bench whatsoever cost us this game. We don't even have a back up PG to spell Wall. He blew all of our cap space on Ian Mahinmi, Andrew Nicholson and Jason Smith. To make matters worse he then had to give our first round pick away to unload the awful Nicholson contract which resulted in us being stuck with another Euro baller who can't play defense and jacks up threes all game. The Gortat contract is turning into an albatross as his skill has started to really erode.

Grunfeld is basically the Matt Millen of the NBA but without consequences for his actions. He has a lifetime contract that allows him to make stupid move after stupid move. I mean he actually thought Trey Burke was going to be a viable replacement for Ramon Sessions and then tried to feed us this bull about Tomas Satoransky being any good. The bench is a disaster and we have almost no way to fix it. Back to back years of no draft picks and somehow this guy continues to be the GM here....
It was a late 1st round pick, most of the times those guys don't even make it in the NBA long term and Bogdanovic is only 28 and can be a sharp shooter, probably better than whatever we'd get in the draft as a late 1st round pick. Matt Millen never had teams go to the playoffs. That's a horrible comparison.

I love Wall, but he didn't play good in game 6 - until the last shot - and he shot 30% for the game last night and 13% from 3. If your leader and best player has that kind of game you're probably going to lose. I don't even know why Wall took 8 3's, that's not his shot.

Also, Brooks is to blame for not having Oubre guard Thomas in the 4th quarter. When Oubre guarded Thomas we slowed him down a lot more, but Thomas and Olynk killed us in the 4th quarter.

I mean, you're complaining about Ernie and rightly so for some of his moves but at the same time he's built a team that has had the Wizards win a first round series 3 out of the past 4 years - that's good. We also nearly made the eastern Conf finals last night. It just sucks Wall got hurt a few years ago because most believe if he hadn't we would have beaten the Hawks and made it to the eastern conference finals then, and it sucks Wall had an off night last night. If Wall doesn't have an off night - and doesn't take some bad 3's - I think the Wizards advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

I totally believe we'll trade Gortat and find a back up combo guard who can play PG & SG to back up Wall and Beal.

Who knows?

We may even be able to sign Paul George instead of re-signing Porter to a max deal and if we did that we could arguably be better than the Cavs on paper.

I think the Wizards haven't even hit their peak yet; Wall, Beal, Porter (if he's back) and Morris are still ascending as players.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="turtle28"]
lavar703 wrote:

I mean, you're complaining about Ernie and rightly so for some of his moves but at the same time he's built a team that has had the Wizards win a first round series 3 out of the past 4 years - that's good.

He built a starting 5 (and that involved three Top 3 picks). The bench is bottom 5 in the NBA.

- mike23md

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wizards entire bench scored 5 points in Game 7. I don't blame Wall, his legs were tired and when you don't have your legs you can't shoot. He can't do everything.

Beal had a great game. Him and Wall are good players. I'm still not entirely sold on Porter, he was really quiet in this series with Boston. He's going to want a huge contract extension. Morris is a decent glue guy that gives you effort but nothing special. Gortat needs to be replaced.

If I'm the Wizards I'd call the Pistons this offseason about Andre Drummond. The Pistons seem to want to change up the roster and he's been rumored to be on the trade block. He's exactly the kind of Center you want to pair with Wall and Beal. I'd send them Porter in a sign and trade as well as Gortat for him.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I mean, you're complaining about Ernie and rightly so for some of his moves but at the same time he's built a team that has had the Wizards win a first round series 3 out of the past 4 years - that's good.

He built a starting 5 (and that involved three Top 3 picks). The bench is bottom 5 in the NBA.
We were within a few plays of making to the conference finals for the 3rd time in 4 years. Ernie has made his mistakes and our bench needs to get better but we can certainly do worse than him.

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/18/entertainment/chris-cornell-dead/index.html

Shockingly, Chris Cornell died at the age of 52 last night after Soundgarden's show in Detroit. Sad

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

We were within a few plays of making to the conference finals for the 3rd time in 4 years. Ernie has made his mistakes and our bench needs to get better but we can certainly do worse than him.

I'd be more than happy to find out.

- mike23md

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'd be more than happy to find out.
Laughing It's not going to happen. Ernie is a favorite of Ted, just like Bruce is a favorite of Snyder. As long as the teams are making the playoffs or are in contention for the playoffs most years then they're going to remain. It's just the facts and as much as we don't like it, we're going to have to live with it and hope and pray for the best, that's all we can do.

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wall was named All-NBA 3rd team! This also means that Wall can opt out of his contract this year and get a new max deal that is a 35% raise.

Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
John Wall was named All-NBA 3rd team! This also means that Wall can opt out of his contract this year and get a new max deal that is a 35% raise.

Good for him, he deserves it.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, can we just fast forward to the Cavs-Warriors finals already?

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 17 of 28

Jump to: