Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Patriots Offseason thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggbrd

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right. Doesn't help that I have no idea how the comp pick formula works Razz
biggbrd

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats restructured Gronk's deal to allow him to earn up to $10.75mil this season based on incentives. No changes to other years of the deal, so basically just giving him more money. Seems fair, given he's the best when he plays. but doesn't play often enough.
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just signed ex Browns WR Andrew Hawkins.

Honestly, I like the signing. Always thought Hawkins was underrated and his QB situations never helped him. No, he's not a great receiver but, he's a good route runner and has great footwork + release.

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemushrooms wrote:

Honestly, I like the signing. Always thought Hawkins was underrated and his QB situations never helped him. No, he's not a great receiver but, he's a good route runner and has great footwork + release.

Just saw this. Odd decision, from both parties, he could definitely be 3rd/4th WR on a lot of teams, but here he's a 6th target, at best, and that's ignoring TEs and RBs.

Still - Cooks, Mitchell, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Hawkins is definitely the most quality depth they've had at WR for years and years.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
everlong

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
bluemushrooms wrote:

Just saw this. Odd decision, from both parties, he could definitely be 3rd/4th WR on a lot of teams, but here he's a 6th target, at best, and that's ignoring TEs and RBs.

Still - Cooks, Mitchell, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Hawkins is definitely the most quality depth they've had at WR for years and years.

He'll probably be released at final cutdowns; no way they're keeping that entire corps plus Slater.
biggbrd

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's OTAs, but nice to hear positive reports about how Gronk's looking. Like I read somewhere this morning, having Gronk back for next year seems to be one of the more overlooked parts of this offseason. Just hope he can stay healthy this time!
renndawg37

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggbrd wrote:
I know it's OTAs, but nice to hear positive reports about how Gronk's looking. Like I read somewhere this morning, having Gronk back for next year seems to be one of the more overlooked parts of this offseason. Just hope he can stay healthy this time!

I literally suffered the exact same injury as Gronk in January, and I'm back to 100% basically. That is without the best doctors and trainers helping me Laughing . Barring a new injury, Gronk should be fine.
biggbrd

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
biggbrd wrote:

I literally suffered the exact same injury as Gronk in January, and I'm back to 100% basically. That is without the best doctors and trainers helping me Laughing . Barring a new injury, Gronk should be fine.

Haha nice, let's hope he does as well as you!
childofpudding

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
biggbrd wrote:

Not sure what your profession is, but you being 100% is probably a lot different than Gronk being 100% ready to play professional football.
G-McDog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maclin just cut... Would be work in NE? Probably too much money!
iothar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-McDog wrote:
Maclin just cut... Would be work in NE? Probably too much money!

Too many receivers for him to make an impact.
renndawg37

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

childofpudding wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
biggbrd wrote:

Not sure what your profession is, but you being 100% is probably a lot different than Gronk being 100% ready to play professional football.

I'm an electrician, but I more so meant I've been back in the gym and I haven't had any pain or discomfort in a while. If anything, the area feels stronger.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets releasing Harris and looking to trade Decker. Possibly the earliest tank I've ever seen.

Can't believe Forte chose the Jets over NE. He can't have seriously thought they would get him a ring.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Jets releasing Harris and looking to trade Decker. Possibly the earliest tank I've ever seen.

Can't believe Forte chose the Jets over NE. He can't have seriously thought they would get him a ring.

The cupcakes must've sealed the deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edelman extended for 2yrs. Up to $15m with incentives, $9m guaranteed. Hard because it seems like a big jump in price considering what we have been paying for him, but probably just shows what a good deal we got with him. His production has been fantastic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: