Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Xavier Woods vs. Kavon Frazier?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Think Is Currently The Better Player?
Xavier Woods
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Kavon Frazier
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

the lone star

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Xavier Woods vs. Kavon Frazier? Reply with quote

Which of these two do you think is currently the better player?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea...need to see them on the field.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
I have no idea...need to see them on the field.

That's fair.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Woods was drafted #191 in a VERY deep DB class, and we traded a 5th for him so the team basically spent 2 picks on him. Plus he was in discussion for the 4th round pick that we took Switzer with.

Frazier was picked #212 in a normal class and DB depth, and the team wasn't trading up for him.

It's safe to assume that if the two players were in the same draft the Cowboys would select Woods first, and I believe he has a little more talent than Frazier based on that.

However, any advantage that Woods had/has over Frazier coming out may be negated now because Frazier has been in our system for a year and has been a pro for awhile now. So the talent gap may be closed for a little while.

It'll be a fun competition.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Well, Woods was drafted #191 in a VERY deep DB class, and we traded a 5th for him so the team basically spent 2 picks on him. Plus he was in discussion for the 4th round pick that we took Switzer with.

Frazier was picked #212 in a normal class and DB depth, and the team wasn't trading up for him.

It's safe to assume that if the two players were in the same draft the Cowboys would select Woods first, and I believe he has a little more talent than Frazier based on that.

However, any advantage that Woods had/has over Frazier coming out may be negated now because Frazier has been in our system for a year and has been a pro for awhile now. So the talent gap may be closed for a little while.

It'll be a fun competition.

Cowboys gave both players 4th round grades. I think there's enough evidence to safely say that they would have chosen Woods over Frazier in the same draft class, but it would have been pretty close. Who knows how Frazier has progressed, but it shouldn't be surprising if a year in the system gives him the edge.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods' tackling technique irritates me. Reminds me too much of Roy Williams, but sometimes that can be a good thing I guess.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big fan of Frazier coming out, so I'll be rooting for him to get some playing time for you guys. Athletically, he has everything you need and is a good tackler

#1 ET Supporter
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I was a big fan of Frazier coming out, so I'll be rooting for him to get some playing time for you guys. Athletically, he has everything you need and is a good tackler

Yeah, I like his tackling ability as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: