Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #88 DT Eddie Vanderdoes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Brantley charges dropped looks like he will be compared with Vanderdoes for there careers.

Got Damnit! I mean good for him but he was compared to Aaron Donald. I had him as a late 1st to mid 2nd talent wise. Maybe he had other character concerns besides the club issue. Of course, I trust Reggie but the Browns seem to have gotten a steal in the 6th. I hope Eddie comes out like a monster now more than ever.
Yeah I mean if Vanderdoes start off slow and Brantley does well we're going to have the hindsight people in here whining that Reggie should have taken Brantley in the 3rd and so on.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hindsight will be there with brantley because you cant play the character concern card after drafting conley in the first...
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Dumb NFL rules will keep Eddie from all the rest of our OTAs and mini camps this summer til the June 16 when the UCLA qtr ends. The next time he will be with the team is late July for training camp. He gets to study the playbook and talk to coaches but can't workout or practice with the team. I hope he just goes back to the training facility where he prepared for the combine and Rookie mini camp. Don't need him packing on any weight.

LOVE IT!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Brantley charges dropped looks like he will be compared with Vanderdoes for there careers.

Got Damnit! I mean good for him but he was compared to Aaron Donald. I had him as a late 1st to mid 2nd talent wise. Maybe he had other character concerns besides the club issue. Of course, I trust Reggie but the Browns seem to have gotten a steal in the 6th. I hope Eddie comes out like a monster now more than ever.

This is preposterous. Brantley was a rotational player at Florida and he doesn't touch Donald's athleticism. Heck, Brantley is barely in Vanderdoes' ballpark when it comes to athleticism.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
the hindsight will be there with brantley because you cant play the character concern card after drafting conley in the first...

If they would have had taken him I wouldnt have been mad but imagine media frenzy if they had.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

This is preposterous. Brantley was a rotational player at Florida and he doesn't touch Donald's athleticism. Heck, Brantley is barely in Vanderdoes' ballpark when it comes to athleticism.

And yet it happened. Not that I agree.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/caleb-brantley?id=2558007

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Was thinking the same thing. Brantley was overrated AF by the draft media. He was a glorified role player at Florida. Rotational player who lacks in a lot of areas. Aaron Donald comparison is hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:

It's not like Reggie is the only GM that passed on him. The worst team in the league took him, and I think Reggie just preferred Vanderdoes over Brantley. Honestly, so do I. We will see though. However, idc how it plays out. I don't think I'll ever once compare the two. I'm not really a fan of playing the hindsight game though
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

It's not like Reggie is the only GM that passed on him. The worst team in the league took him, and I think Reggie just preferred Vanderdoes over Brantley. Honestly, so do I. We will see though. However, idc how it plays out. I don't think I'll ever once compare the two. I'm not really a fan of playing the hindsight game though

You won't have to if he comes out and is the next Donald. Everyone will do it for you.

Looking at the Browns draft class, I've never seen a class that could payoff so big or bust so hard in my life.

Literally, this is their shot.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Was thinking the same thing. Brantley was overrated AF by the draft media. He was a glorified role player at Florida. Rotational player who lacks in a lot of areas. Aaron Donald comparison is hilarious.
Agree overated like Floyd and I while I didnt like Floyd as much as media he was still better in my eyes coming out. Also the team that took him in the 6th had two 1st round picks and all their others and drafted Larry Ogunjobi in the 3rd already. He may have fell further or out all together when you combine talent with off field.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

You won't have to if he comes out and is the next Donald. Everyone will do it for you.

Looking at the Browns draft class, I've never seen a class that could payoff so big or bust so hard in my life.

Meh.... they are still the Browns. Unless Kizer is the real deal, they still lack at the most important spot.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

Meh.... they are still the Browns. Unless Kizer is the real deal, they still lack at the most important spot.
Don't sleep on Cody Kessler.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

Yup and people were talking about us the same way just a few years ago til we hit on mack and Carr. Big draft for them.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanderdoes being around 300, or even 5-10 pounds lighter points to him being a rotational UT who'll be primarily used on rush downs IMO. That being said, if we decide to play more of a 3-4 base, he's strong enough to anchor very well and could definitely be a starting end in a 3-4.

MEJ, Ellis, and Vanderdoes could be our defensive interior this year. Latham and Autry will also be competing for snaps, as will Ward so hopefully competition gets the most out of this group.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Vanderdoes being around 300, or even 5-10 pounds lighter points to him being a rotational UT who'll be primarily used on rush downs IMO. That being said, if we decide to play more of a 3-4 base, he's strong enough to anchor very well and could definitely be a starting end in a 3-4.

MEJ, Ellis, and Vanderdoes could be our defensive interior this year. Latham and Autry will also be competing for snaps, as will Ward so hopefully competition gets the most out of this group.

Yeah, I think we are looking at this rotation for the 3-4 interior. All will get snaps regardless of starters.
MEJ - Autry
(Ellis - Lathum) competition for starter
(Ward - Vanderdoes) competition for starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: