Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players on your team to keep an eye on Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Players on your team to keep an eye on Thread Reply with quote

I just wanted to create a thread where you name some of your NFL draft prospects on your team that people should keep an eye on.

2018 Class

HB Robert Martin (5'11 213)
HB Josh Hicks (5'10 214)
WR Janarion Grant (5'10 172)
G/C Dorian Miller (6'2 296)
DE Kemoko Turay (6'5 247)
DT Sebastian Joseph (6'4 299)

2019 Class

OT Tariq Cole (6'6 219)
DT Kevin Wilkins (6'2 300)
LB Deonte Roberts (6'1 235)
CB Blessuan Austin (6'1 195)
CB Isaiah Wharton (6'1 204)
S Kay Hester (6'0 211)
S Saquan Hampton (6'1 208)

2020 Class

HB Trey Sneed (5'10 215)
WR Jawuan Harris (5'9 186)
OT Kamaal Seymour (6'6 307)
LB Tyreek Maddox-Williams (6'0 223)
CB Damon Hayes (6'1 197)

Last edited by Eagles#1 on Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The U

DE Chad Thomas
DE Trent Harris
DT Kendrick Norton
DT RJ McIntosh
DT Gerald Willis
CB Dee Delaney
S Jaquan Johnson
RB Mark Walton
WR Braxton Berrios
TE Chris Herndon
OL KC McDermott
OL Nick Linder

WR Ahmmon Richards
OL Tyler Gauthier
OL Tyree St. Louis
DE Joe Jackson
DE Demetrius Jackson
LB Shaq Quarterman
LB Michael Pinckney
LB Zach McCloud
LB Darrion Owens
CB Malek Young

Still kind of early for 2020

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
gohogs14

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkansas

2018:

C Frank Ragnow (6'5, 319). Should be one of the top centers taken.
WR Jared Cornelius (5'11, 212). Slot receiver, battled injuries but runs good routes and is quick with good hands.
QB Austin Allen (6'1, 209). Needs to cut down on the INTs but showed a lot of promise in his first year as a starter with 25 TDs.

2019:

TE Jeremy Patton (6'6, 230; JUCO transfer). #1 ranked JUCO TE, should compete for playing time right away.
CB Ryan Pulley (5'11, 198). Looking like he could the best CB we've had in a long time.
LB Dre Greenlaw (6'0, 226). Broke his foot last year but was on the SEC all-freshman team the year before. A little on the small side and played DB in high school.
LB Randy Ramsey (6'4, 228). Prototypical pass rushing OLB with great length and athleticism. Was kicked off the team as a freshman but worked his way back on it, saw some action last year but should see a lot more this year in the 3-4.

2020:

DE McTelvin Agim (6'3, 289). 5* DE who flashed a lot last year and should see a ton of snaps this year.
RB Devwah Whaley (5'11, 216). Highly ranked RB recruit who was productive behind Rawleigh Williams as a freshman, will see a LOT of carries this year with Williams giving up football.
WR Brandon Martin (6'4, 215; JUCO transfer). #2 ranked JUCO WR. Huge target who was originally committed to LSU. Favorite to start opposite of Cornelius this year.
LB De'Jon Harris (6'0, 255). Athletic guy who played a lot of different positions including QB in high school. Saw a lot of time at MLB as a freshman after Greenlaw got injured and the coaches really like his potential.
TE Cheyenne O'Grady (6'4, 251). Long, lanky pass catching TE. Had a TD in the Belk Bowl after Sprinkle was suspended. Former 4* recruit and should see more PT this year.
TE/H-Back Austin Cantrell (6'4, 269). Fan favorite. Really athletic for his size and just looks menacing. Was a great blocker as a RS freshman and could play a lot of roles for the offense this year.

Last edited by gohogs14 on Wed May 17, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ark23

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Ohio State

4th and 5th year Players
QB / JT Barrett (#16) -- 22 Y/O, will have 4 years of starting experience by the time he enters the draft. Play has regressed year after year though. Weak arm, doesn't have the arm strength to push the ball down the field. Ball placement isn't (always) bad, but simply doesn't play with anticipation. See it and then throw it player. Short (6'0'', I'm guessing) and gets a lot of passes batted at the LOS. No chance at being an NFL QB. Best case scenario he puts on weight, and becomes a Michael Robinson type fullback.

TE / Marcus Baugh (#85) -- Some character questions, because he struggled big time to find his way during his early time at OSU (off-field issues) but he seems to have turned things around. Actually think people will be surprised by him. He's probably a good linear testing athlete. Decent straight line speed, and can catch the football with soft hands. That said he lacks flexibility, and it affects his ability to catch the football away from his frame. Poor COD skills as well. Good blocker, and his production will probably go up in Kevin Wilson's offense. For now I'll say a 5th to 7th rounder.

LT / Jamarco Jones (#74) -- Was the backup to Taylor Decker for two years, will have two years of starting experience when he leaves. Was quietly very very good last year for Ohio State. That said he's not a pure NFL LT. I think he's probably 6'3'' / 315, with good movement skills and solid technique, but that isn't an NFL LT. Reminds me a lot of Avery Gennesy (TAMU LT) who went 5th round this past year. I'll guess that as his projection, pending measurements.

IOL / Billy Price (#54) -- Price is gonna test through the roof at the combine (I'm guessing). He's a HS wrestler, and a really really crazy strong player. Came in as a nose tackle, switched to OG, and started there for three straight years. Moving to center this year. He's squatty, but really really strong and tough to move off the spot, and plays with good leverage especially in the run game. That said he has short arms (it appears) and struggles when forced to redirect and will get beat in the pass game. Ohio State loves to pull him on inverted veer/read option and he shows the ability to just destroy people in space. I think despite some limitations, teams will really like his mean streak. Probably a second or third rounder.

DT / Michael Hill (#77) -- Not a ton to say here. He's played rotationally, a one-tech space eater largely. UDFA.

DT / Tracey Sprinkle (#93) -- Hasn't stayed healthy, but a lot of people buzz about him. 3-t, UDFA based on his play this year.

EDGE / Tyquan Lewis (#59) -- It's absolutely wild that people keep projecting him to go in the top 20 or even first round. Lewis is really productive, but he's probably 6'1 5/8, maybe 6'2'' // 260. Look at where Carl Lawson, Elvis Dumervil, Ejuan Price, Trey Flowers, John Simon all went. They fell despite wildly productive collegiate careers. Lewis plays low to the ground, uses his hands really really well, and is a ball of muscle. Converts speed to power really well, and has a good first step but is suprisingly tight-hipped and not very fluid. So fundamentally sound in the run game -- sets the edge, uses his hands, and sheds blocks well. Mid rounds (3-5) is my guess.

EDGE / Sam Hubbard (#6) -- More potential than practice at this point. He's really really gifted athletically (everyone knows the HS lacrosse, converted safety and TE story at this point) but it does translate well at times. He can drop into coverage, and is so so so flexible for a guy his size. That said he's clearly technically raw, doesn't have a good first step at all, and is a very leggy pass rusher. He can bend, he's pretty fluid overall and he's very long. I think he's in for a breakout season, and my guess is he goes top two rounds. Has to get better with his hands though.

EDGE / Jalyn Holmes (#11) -- Didn't start, and has been a rotational guy for most of his career but I actually think he might well be the best pass rusher on OSU (aside from Nick Bosa). Plays three tech in OSU's RUSHMEN package on passing downs, and he shows violent hands, a filthy spin move, and incredible fluidity for a 6'5'' / 270 lber. Biggest thing right now is Holmes needs to get stronger. Lower body isn't great, and doesn't always convert speed to power in an effective way as a bull rusher. Needs work against the run -- loses contain, doesn't keep outside hand free, but his movement skills at his size are really impressive. Sleeper first rounder, but probably goes round two or round three.

LB / Dante Booker (#33) -- Hasn't played enough for anyone to know. 240 lb off-ball SAM who reportedly runs in the 4.6's. Lot of physical ability.

LB / Chris Worley (#35) -- Almost beat out Darron Lee three years ago, sat his turn and played WILL last year. Moving to ILB to fill Raekwon's spot this year. Came into OSU as a safety, good speed and comfortable in coverage. I do wonder about his fit in the NFL because I don't think he's an elite athlete, and he's not great at taking on and getting off blocks. Mid to late rounder (4-6) is my guess, but I really am not sure. Tough guy to get a read on.

S / Dame Webb (#7) -- Came to OSU as a top 50 recruit (CB) but he's played the Vonn Bell cover safety role that is hybrid slot corner hybrid weakside linebacker. A very tough position, and he's struggled a lot at it. Got picked on all the time last year in man, but to be fair he was playing next to three first round picks. Everyone says he's gonna have a HUGE season this year, but for now I'll go with an UDFA.

Underclassmen
RB / Mike Weber (rSO / #25) -- I really like Weber -- he has really good feet, great vision, a strong lower body and he plays with some serious toughness. Runs through arm tackles and over DB's. That said he's probably a 4.65 40 guy who doesn't have a second gear at all. Good pass protector and decent hands.

WR / Parris Campbell (JR / #21) -- Frankly he may be worth ignoring, because he hasn't shown good hands. Converted RB from HS, and crazy young for his year (I think he's still 19, or maybe just turned 20) with legit track speed (10.47 wind-aided 100m I think). He's a special teams demon both as a kick returner and coverage guy, and that'll get him onto an NFL roster but everyone says he's a transformative player who is gonna be the star on offense this year. Will see some carries, screens and vertical shots. For now he's a 6'1'' / 210 athlete with 4.4 speed. Can't give him a grade because he hasn't shown anything so far.

EDGE / Nick Bosa (SO / #97) -- Gonna be the best player on OSU next year IMO. Coming off a torn ACL was still the most efficient and productive (on a per snap basis) pass rusher for OSU. Played a ton of snaps at DT in the RUSHMEN package, and held his own. Hand usage, much like his brother, is incredible.

DT / Dre'Mont Jones (rSO / #86) -- Sleeper, but as a rFR was very good last year, his first back after a torn ACL. HS Bball background, came in as a defensive end, and is up to a 285 lb 3-tech. Blowing up in spring practice, smooth athlete with great quickness. If he has the type of year people expect, may be a future first rounder.

LB / Jerome Baker (rSO / #17) -- Was really productive last year, and is a great athlete -- a 4.5 guy at LB who was an amazing running back in high school. However he's definitely undersized (probably 220 lbs) and missed a TON of run fits last year. Largely got by on athletic ability. Potential is there for him to become a game changing first round type though down the line.

CB / Denzel Ward (JR / #12) -- Ward was good enough to steal snaps from Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conley if that tells you anything. His production was really good, and he's the fastest player on OSU's team -- a HS track star (10.49 100m) who will probably run a 4.3 in the 40, and packs a punch as a hitter. Still he's only 5'9'' (maybe 5'10'') and I think that limits his draft position. 2nd or 3rd rounder is my guess.

CB / Kendall Sheffield (JUCO rSO / #10) -- I think Sheffield is gonna be a one and done guy. HS track star in Texas, 5* recruit who was originally at Bama and via JUCO made his way to OSU. Will rotate in at CB with Ward and Damon Arnette, and I think he's gonna be a star. 4.4 athlete with length and height (6'0''). His JUCO film is ridiculous. Lotta buzz out of spring ball.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2018:

Maurice Hurst Jr., DT, RS Sr. - Great interior pass rusher, but weaker against the run. Should have a huge season with top 2 round potential if he can up his game against the run, but he's fairly short for a DT (probably in the 6'1-6'2 range).

Mason Cole, OL, Sr. - Very versatile player who is probably an interior player at the next level but is likely to be the left tackle this year with no other real options out there. He's pretty highly rated by the media, but he wasn't that great at center last year, though it was his first time at the position. Would probably be better for his long-term career to continue working with Drevno there, but Michigan doesn't really have a choice without Grant Newsome.

Khalid Hill, FB/TE, RS Sr. - Squat fullback who is a converted TE and probably one of the few draftable FBs. Misses some assignments in pass blocking, but a very solid route runner out of the backfield and another guy who just converted to the position full time. Probably in the 6'1-6'2 range so not sure if he can hold up as an inline TE, but he brings versatility.

Mike McCray, ILB, RS Sr. - Downhill kind of linebacker who isn't that great in space (he's about 6-4, 250, so pretty big). Kind of similar to Ben Gedeon, maybe a bit less athletic. Injury concerns too, as he's had multiple shoulder surgeries.

Wilton Speight, QB, RS Jr. - I'll throw him here solely because I believe that if CJ Beathard can be a third round pick, then a Jim Harbaugh QB is probably on radars to an extent, even as a late round pick. He's going to be 23 this year, so while I wouldn't expect him to be in position to leave, if he has a better year, I could at least see it.

Future prospects:

Rashan Gary, DL, So. - Former #1 recruit who flashed in a fairly limited role, but should become one of the best players in college football in the next few years. Ridiculously athletic for a guy his size and might be an interior DL down the road, but will play at the Anchor spot for Michigan. Should be a force very soon.

Chase Winovich, DL, RS Jr. - Productive pass rusher in limited snaps, but still has work to do against the run. Moved from LB to TE to DE under Harbaugh, so him turning into something is impressive. Probably going to be around 260 this year as a full-time starter, so a guy to watch, as he's athletic and shown pass rushing chops.

Bryan Mone, DL, RS Jr. - Lot of injuries struggles have held him back, but he's always been hyped for his potential as a space eater with some athleticism. Flashed against teams like OSU, but just needs to stay healthy and get more experience.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
NS922

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrius Guice and Arden Key, of course, but WR DJ Chark is a guy who has flown under the radar and can make some noise this year. He was great last year in that sluggish offense, he has a ton of potential this year under Matt Canada.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEXAS TECH

Upperclassmen

QB Nic Shimonek (SR) - NFL size and arm, just unproven as of now. With a good year, could get drafted late (or really early, as Trubisky showed).

WR Dylan Cantrell (SR) - 6'3" possession receiver. should have a big year as our #1 WR

WR Keke Coutee (JR) - our fastest player and best weapon. similar to Percy Harvin, he will now get the opportunity to shine as our #1 IR.

WR Derrick Willies (SR) - Iowa transfer. 6'4", legit speed. Had an injury riddled 2016 after coming over. Will need a big year to get drafted, but physically he's there.

LB Dakota Allen (JR) - was our best defensive player as a freshman in 2015. got kicked off the team and went to Last Chance U in 2016. signed back with us as a part of our 2017 class. Excited to see him back here.

CB Octavious Morgan (JR) - one of our highest rated 2017 signees out of JUCO. was a stud and our best DB in spring. excited to see him play this year.

S Jah'Shawn Johnson (JR) - former CB turned S. better in coverage than he is against the run. good playmaker. will need to get way stronger to get drafted, but he has a shot.

Underclassmen

Still way too early for these guys, but I'll list a few who have a shot at least imo

WR T.J Vasher
OT Terence Steele
DT "Big" Joe Wallace
LB Jordyn Brooks

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penn State

2018 seniors and draft-likely juniors, in order of draftability
-Saquon Barkley, RB
-Mike Gesicki, TE
-Marcus Allen, S
-Jason Cabinda, ILB
-Brendan Mahon, G/T (was named PFF's best lineman of the week twice last year)
-Saeed Blacknall, WR
-DaeSean Hamilton, WR
-Grant Haley, CB
-Tyrell Chavis, DT

2019 draft and beyond (2018 season eligibility listed and only listed if they've already gotten tangible playing time so far)
-Trace McSorley, QB, RSr (probably not an NFL QB, but will get talked about)
-Manny Bowen, LB, Sr
-John Reid, CB, RSr (I may have put him on the 2018 list, but he tore an ACL this spring)
-Chasz Wright, G/T, RSr
-Blake Gillikin, P, Jr
-Ryan Bates, G/T, RJr
-Connor McGovern, G/C, Jr
-Juwan Johnson, WR, RSo

There are a couple other guys that I could see adding to either list by season's end, but they haven't played enough or shown enough yet but will get the chance to in 2017
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are a bunch of freaks. I need to start following the Wisconsin Badgers. Think I will this season. Thanks for the good info.
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Players on your team to keep an eye on Thread Reply with quote

Eagles#1 wrote:
I just wanted to create a thread where you name some of your NFL draft prospects on your team that people should keep an eye on.

2018 Class

HB Robert Martin (5'11 213)
HB Josh Hicks (5'10 214)
WR Janarion Grant (5'10 172)
G/C Dorian Miller (6'2 296)
DE Kemoko Turay (6'5 247)
DT Sebastian Joseph (6'4 299)

2019 Class

OT Tariq Cole (6'6 219)
DT Kevin Wilkins (6'2 300)
LB Deonte Roberts (6'1 235)
CB Blessuan Austin (6'1 195)
CB Isaiah Wharton (6'1 204)
S Kay Hester (6'0 211)
S Saquan Hampton (6'1 208)

2020 Class

HB Trey Sneed (5'10 215)
WR Jawuan Harris (5'9 186)
OT Kamaal Seymour (6'6 307)
LB Tyreek Maddox-Williams (6'0 223)
CB Damon Hayes (6'1 197)

I love Grant, so fun to watch. I hope he's recovered and stays healthy, he'll put on a show.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For next year's draft, with current early predictions - though I could see any getting drafted:

KJ Smith, DE (4th round)

Terence Williams, RB (5th round)

Brian Nance, DE (undrafted - very talented player, but he just got a healthy role in 2015 and last year he left the team, but he's back this year)

Travon Blanchard, S (undrafted, making a position switch)

Mo Porter, OT (6th round)

Davion Hall, S (priority UDFA) has monster athleticism and was recruited by Bama as a safety. Came here as a WR and finally switched to S last year, but obviously had little to no coaching all last year. Senior season and he could make a name for himself.

Ishmael Wainwright, TE (undrafted) 4 year contributor on our Men's basketball team and a 3 year starter. He's going to be playing football for us this final year as a TE. Has crazy athleticism and we have already put one basketball player in the NFL, who didn't even join the football team. Someone fun to watch.

Underclassmen who all have very nice NFL potential:

Blake Lynch, WR/RSo. - He's a 2nd or 3rd round talent imo. I think he's going to blow up this year as our #1 receiver.

Grayland Arnold, CB/So. - Played exceptionally well last year as a true freshman. He's short at 5'9 but his cover skills are legit. I think he'll be an All Big 12 corner this year.

Zach Smith, QB/So. - He's pretty much another Bryce Petty with a lesser deep ball but better pocket awareness. Expecting a huge year from him and I could see him leaving after next year and being a mid-round pick.

Bravvion Roy, DT/So. - Big guy at 6'1, 330 pounds. He definitely has NFL talent but just like Billings, I'm sure the height will drop him in the draft.
NickSabansHat

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2018:

RB Bo Scarbrough
RB Damien Harris
WR Calvin Ridley

WR Robert Foster - Injuries and (rumored) attitude issues have kept him from showcasing his talent up to this point. He's one of the best athletes on the team though and I expect he'll show enough to warrant a late round pick at least.

C Bradley Bozeman

DL Da'Shawn Hand
DL Da'Ron Payne
EDGE Christian Miller
LB Rashaan Evans
LB Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
DB Tony Brown
CB Anthony Averett
S Ronnie Harrison

2019 and on:

RB Josh Jacobs - Probably my favorite NFL prospect of our current RBs. Incredibly shifty, nice size and speed and a good receiver out of the backfield.

WR Jerry Jeudy - Legitimately looked like one of the three or four best players on the field in the spring game. Not the most explosive athlete but he runs precise routes and catches everything he can get his hands on.

OT Jonah Williams

DL Quinnen Williams - Mostly going on word from other players and coaches here. All of the older players seem to talk him up as Allen's successor.

EDGE Terrell Hall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: