You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Laquon Treadwell: Year 2 as a Viking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perrynoid

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Treadwell. Treadwell.

That name sounds familiar for some reason. Think

Let's just hope he has a Goodyear...
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
Treadwell. Treadwell.

Haha...but the Michelin Man should slap you for that.

Thx to Lil Uno!
kparty69

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I think people are expecting way too much from Floyd. Remember, this guy is going to miss all of the offseason workouts until training camp, and likely won't get together with anyone for private workouts before training camp.

Expecting a guy to gain chemistry and learn the playbook in a few weeks during training camp doesn't sound like enough time to make a big impact.

Actually after signing with the Vikings Michael Floyd's house arrest was transferred to Minnesota so he will still be able to work and participate in offseason team activities. He will be joining the team within the next week or two.

I think that Floyd is more talented than Thielen, but Thielen has more chemistry with Bradford than Floyd so it will be interesting to see how that spot works out. Either way I'm expecting a heavy rotation at WR this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2710333-michael-floyds-house-arrest-reportedly-transferred-from-arizona-to-minnesota
kparty69

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggs Beefcakes wrote:

Like Bradford last year?

I'm skeptical on Treadwell. Liked the pick at the time but when you have one catch in your rookie year on a team that doesn't exactly have greatness at WR, there's good cause for concern.

Maybe the injuries hurt him last year and sapped him of opportunity at the most inopportune moments. Maybe he didn't get chemistry with Bradford. Maybe he couldn't pick up the playbook and maybe Norv's offense didn't play to his strength.

He's out of excuses now. Floyd is a low-risk, high-reward pickup who certainly could bust. Treadwell needs to show something this year because if he's not providing value as a WR, he's not providing anything.

I think it's more because he was on a team who's coaching staff doesn't like to force rookies into big roles early if they don't need to. Just like Treadwell, Trae Waynes didn't play very much in his rookie year, but rather was brought along slowly to ensure he could improve upon the finer points of the position. Last year Waynes actually looked pretty good and I expect both Waynes and Treadwell to continue improving each year. I'm not worried at all about Treadwell's slow NFL start.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treadwell should be prepared much better this year. The one thing he's not noted for is speed, so his time spent learning the minute details he needs to succeed should translate to bigger days on the field. When ya look back over the past 15 or so years in the NFL, there've been a lot of WRs drafted in the 1st round and a lot of those never did well.

The ones that made huge impacts their rookie years? Maybe . . . 10? Moss, Harvin, Bolden, and OBJ come to mind and of those guys, Bolden is most similar in speed / physique to Treadwell. In general, a rookie with jets seems to load up early on stats, and they sometimes get a little full of themselves and don't contribute at a high level over the long haul.

I'd like to see Treadwell become another Cris Carter . . . big, strong, great hands and body control . . . not overly fast, but all he does is catch touchdowns. If Zimmer and Co. purposefully reigned him in last year to keep him grounded, maybe that's a good thing. Maybe he'll have a little chip this year, but remain humble-ish?

Wouldn't it be great if the Vikes had a 1,000 yard receiver? . . . or, would it be better to have 5 guys with 800 yards or more each?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
Treadwell. Treadwell.

Haha...but the Michelin Man should slap you for that.

Just so his performance doesn't create a Laquon(dary) for the team...
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shurmur sounded impressed with what he's seen from Treadwell since the Vikings welcomed players back into their building last month.

"He’s had a great, in my opinion, five-and-a-half weeks," Shurmur said. "He came back and he was really on point with what he’s supposed to be doing mentally. He’s been out here competing and doing a nice job running routes and catching the ball. Understanding where he fits in the running game and who to block. To this point, we’ve been really pleased with his progress based on a year ago."

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/22817/vikings-really-pleased-with-laquon-treadwells-progress-in-otas

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOLD PREDICTION ALERT! Treadwell starts the season as WR3. Floyd is relegated to WR5 or 6. Wright is cut.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
BOLD PREDICTION ALERT! Treadwell starts the season as WR3. Floyd is relegated to WR5 or 6. Wright is cut.

If Floyd is #5/#6 and Wright is cut, who's #4/#5?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Virginia Viking wrote:

If Floyd is #5/#6 and Wright is cut, who's #4/#5?

MoBo and one of the rookies.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is bold....and I could certainly envision a scenario where Wright is cut, but I just don't see it happening...especially when it's likely that Floyd is going to be suspended to start the season. The likely scenario is that Wright initially makes the 53, but then either he or one of the young guys is cut when Floyd returns

#1 - Stefon Diggs
#2 - Adam Thielen
#3 - Laquon Treadwell
#4 - Michael Floyd (susp) or Jarius Wright
#5 - Stacy Coley or Isaac Fruechte
#6 - Rodney Adams

MoBo ain't making the 53.

Thx to Lil Uno!
marshpit23

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
That is bold....and I could certainly envision a scenario where Wright is cut, but I just don't see it happening...especially when it's likely that Floyd is going to be suspended to start the season. The likely scenario is that Wright initially makes the 53, but then either he or one of the young guys is cut when Floyd returns

#1 - Stefon Diggs
#2 - Adam Thielen
#3 - Laquon Treadwell
#6 - Rodney Adams

I agree with this, but think Adams is #5 (primarily due to his return abilities). So, for #6 I see a competition between Coley, Fruechte (he may surprise people) , and Wright. Mo Bo, welcome to year 2 on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think Treadwell sticks as a gunner on ST this year, even if he's the #3 WR?

I'm not sure how he graded out, but I thought he did alright there?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Do you guys think Treadwell sticks as a gunner on ST this year, even if he's the #3 WR?

I'm not sure how he graded out, but I thought he did alright there?

Yes. I expect the WR3 slot to be situational, so that wouldn't impact any of the players' who may take that slot ability to play special team.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

#1 - Stefon Diggs
#2 - Adam Thielen
#3 - Laquon Treadwell
#6 - Rodney Adams

Well sure, I think they're speaking under the assumption there's no Floyd suspension. Obviously if there is, it adds another WR spot to work with.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: