You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking The Roster - #10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the 10th best player on the Titans roster?
Logan Ryan
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Avery Williamson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rishard Matthews
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Kevin Byard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quinton Spain
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Ranking The Roster - #10 Reply with quote

The signing of Ben Jones brought a consistently solid level of play at the center position that the Titans franchise hasn't seen since arguably Kevin Mawae(shout out to Fernando Velasco's solid season as a Titan though), and earns him the #9 spot on our Ranking The Roster series.

Who is the 10th best player on the Titans roster?

2017 Top 10:

1. Taylor Lewan
2. Jurrell Casey
3. Delanie Walker
4. Marcus Mariota
5. DeMarco Murray
6. Jack Conklin
7. Brian Orakpo
8. Derrick Morgan
9. Ben Jones

#MTGA
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Matthews, Ryan and Spain all have an equal argument for this spot. Not sure who to pick though.

#MTGA
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I think Matthews, Ryan and Spain all have an equal argument for this spot. Not sure who to pick though.

Picked Ryan. Think it'll be Matthews though since he was on the team last year and had a solid year.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went with Rishard again

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Picked Ryan. Think it'll be Matthews though since he was on the team last year and had a solid year.

Guy doesn't need to be on top of the roster yet. He has not done anything to deserve a spot on Titans best players list that is Logan Ryan.

I'm not saying he is a bad player or anything he has not played in a single game for the Titans.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsendor1 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Guy doesn't need to be on top of the roster yet. He has not done anything to deserve a spot on Titans best players list that is Logan Ryan.

I'm not saying he is a bad player or anything he has not played in a single game for the Titans.

Didn't Demarco make it last year? And Orakpo the year he joined the team?

I think it probably should be Ryan, but I voted Matthews also.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU GUYS ARE REALLY GONNA DO IT!!!

Ryan is a world champ. He's without a doubt the best DB on this roster and you're leaving him off cause he hasn't done anything for the titans?

Okay Laughing Laughing Laughing

Edit!

Im not even sure Matthews is the top wr on this team rn. NVM a top ten player. Last year? Yes. This year? NOPE! Same with Jones. I get he filled a huge hole at C. But come on guys Laughing

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

I actually think only Matthews and Ryan are in this same tier (with Jones). Spain, Williamson, and Byard would be in that next tier IMO, along with guys like Cyprien and Woodyard. Byard should join the next tier with another solid season, making him a core player. The rest of these guys are good players, but I don't think make up the core of our team.

Tier 1 - players who can be considered at or near the top of their position, and are cornerstones of our team going forward... the core of our team.
Lewan
Casey
Mariota - not at the top of his position, but arguably one of the top 3 young QBs, and a vital part of our present and future
Walker - his age put him at risk, but he's still playing at an elite level with no signs of slowing down

Tier 2 - core players, but not quite elite or not quite irreplaceable (yet or anymore)
Murray - could be considered tier 1, but two things hold him back: his age and position. I don't think he's a cornerstone of our future.
Conklin - could move up to tier 1 as soon as this year. We just need him to repeat his performance.
Orakpo/Morgan - Rak is better, but also a couple of years older. Both are vital to our success for at least the next couple of years.

Tier 3 - very important to our success, but not irreplaceable
Jones - provided leadership and stability to the middle of the line.
Matthews - solid #2 WR, solid team player
Ryan - Could move up a tier this season, depending on his fit/usage in the defense.

Tier 4 - good starters, not core/irreplaceable
Byard - wanted to put him in tier 3 already, but want to see improvement this season. Unlikely, but could move all the way to tier 2 with a very good season
Williamson/Woodyard - I actually think Woodyard is the better all around player of the 2, but Williamson is much younger. Would not surprise me if one is gone after this year...
Spain - has improved, but was replaced by Schwenke for a couple of games with no drop in offensive effectiveness
Cyprien - one of the better in-the-box safeties in the NFL the past couple of seasons. We have to see fit, but if used correctly, has potential to move up a tier.

Tier 5 - average/replacement level starters
Kline
D. Jones
Sims
Williams
Fowler

Tier 6 - starters that need to be replaced

Sharpe - barring some crazy unforeseen scenario, he's already been replaced as a starter.
Supernaw - #2 TE plays more than the FB in this offense.

Rookies - TBD
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW:

#MTGA
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to show Rishard some love

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Matthews. I'm not as high on Ryan as some of yous. He's a ball hawk or was atleast. I'm a little scared that he's our number one at the moment. I really hope Adore picks up the defense quick and hope Sims continues to progress. But I have Matthews at 10 the guy was a beast from the Miami game on. Imagine if he was actually featured the offense the first few weeks

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: