Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Harvey "Too Mean"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluestar21

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Harvey "Too Mean" Reply with quote

What can we do as a website to bring attention to these two great defensive stars who are not on the Ring of Honor.
You can't think of those Cowboys teams from the 70's without "Too Tall and Too Mean"
#72 and #79 need to be on the ring of honor soon. How can Charles Haley be on there for being a Cowboy for such a short time and not Jones and Martin.
Can we as a website start a petition and send it to Jerry Jones and his family and let them know that Cowboys fans want these to great Cowboys on the ring.
We all know that Romo, Ware and Witten will all be inducted, so we really need to make a push for these two gentlemen.
We've lost the opportunity to see both men walk on the field together with the passing of Martin so let's not wait any longer and get Too Tall on the Ring before it's too late.
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it gets done too.

What about Stepnoski and Moose Johnston?

EDIT: Meh, on 2nd thought, Stepnoski was an Oiler for a bit and Johnston is a glorified fan favorite. Nate Newton might be a better pick than both.

Last edited by the lone star on Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bluestar21

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Harvey "Too Mean& Reply with quote

Bluestar21 wrote:
What can we do as a website to bring attention to these two great defensive stars who are not on the Ring of Honor.
You can't think of those Cowboys teams from the 70's without "Too Tall and Too Mean"
#72 and #79 need to be on the ring of honor soon. How can Charles Haley be on there for being a Cowboy for such a short time and not Jones and Martin.
Can we as a website start a petition and send it to Jerry Jones and his family and let them know that Cowboys fans want these to great Cowboys on the ring.
We all know that Romo, Ware and Witten will all be inducted, so we really need to make a push for these two gentlemen.
We've lost the opportunity to see both men walk on the field together with the passing of Martin so let's not wait any longer and get Too Tall on the Ring before it's too late.
resilient

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree both should be in. I grew up watching my then Idol - Roger Staubach, Dorsett and the "Doomsday defense". I would vote for them. I am wondering if anyone ever cornered Jerry Jones and asked him "why they weren't in?"

I'd be curious to hear his reasons.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in a heavily wooded neighborhood. When we would play football in the street and the ball hit a branch overhanging the road, we would always say it was Ed Too Tall Jones.

That's all I got.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
resilient

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I grew up in a heavily wooded neighborhood. When we would play football in the street and the ball hit a branch overhanging the road, we would always say it was Ed Too Tall Jones.

That's all I got.

Shocked Confused
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

That's all I got.

interesting...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: