Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 6.25 (209) WR Robert Davis, Georgia State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Feels like a young Marko Mitchell!
More athletic. Mitchell didn't play special teams, Davis is the kind of guy who could be a special teams stud as a young player until he develops more.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slappy Mc

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Robert Davis highlights

https://youtu.be/N0PqnF-q4p8
This guy deserves a roster spot. His upside seems very good. Could do very well in our "Air Raid" offense that Gruden deploys.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slappy Mc wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Robert Davis highlights

https://youtu.be/N0PqnF-q4p8
This guy deserves a roster spot. His upside seems very good. Could do very well in our "Air Raid" offense that Gruden deploys.
My best guess for him making the roster is as a 5th or 6th guy who is mostly a special teams demon this year. We may keep him over a guy like Harris, Quick or Grant (mostly likely one of the last two) because of his potential to develop in the future and his ability as a special teams guy right away.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I don't know, the old time scouts like a Bethard, Wolf, Polian, McCloughan etc, watch a lot of tape - not just look at analytics - IMO analytics only tell you so much. If you really want to see what a guy does, you have to attach him play, not rely on a computer to tell you that his better. Football is just so different than other sports IMO, you really don't get the whole story unless you watch the guy.

Let me just say that I use raw numbers because I don't have the time to learn if a guy makes sharp cuts in his routes, or rounds them off. I don't have time to acquire a bunch of tape on guys (much less evaluate them) to determine if they can play or not.

I leave that to the people whose job that is. This is why I regularly include rankings from CBS, DrafTek, and NFL.com. That's what they do.

At the same time, part of the challenge with the draft is trying to project a player into a given team's system. Can you maximize the raw talent from the draft? Can the player maximize his talent? Will they study? Will they prepare? So, even if you watch the tape, you don't know that. Yes, you can study the players' backgrounds, talk to coaches, etc. At the end of the day, though, you just don't know.

Raw talent is arguably easier to judge than the mental makeup.

Quote:
I think we are going to miss McCloughan in the long run - not so much on the early round guys because you have to be an idiot to not be able to scout them - but in finding the mid, late round and UDFA gems like the Crowder's, Jarrett's, Dunbar's, Breeland's, Morris', Neseke's, Harris', Lanier's, Everett's Mack Brown's and Robert Kelley's of the world.

I completely agree on this. It's also why I think we did very poorly on Day 3.

Quote:
McCloughan brought that kind of skill which, is something we didn't have before him and may not have again. Remember under Shanahan and last decade with Cerrato we constantly used FA to fill voids on our roster because we just didn't have the great scout to find us those "football players/diamonds in the rough" who could be role players from the 4th round to UDFA's and every year under Cerrato we were having to renegotiate contracts to get under the cap because of that.

We'll see going forward if we have that going forward. I'm not optimistic.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
It's funny to me . I'm sure if this class is a bust -Allen gets the blame and if it's a winner--McGlue gets the credit for building the board . Scotty M-- Gotta love him !

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/63274/Fired-Redskins-GM-Scot-McCloughan-auctioning-items-to-help-team-s-foundation/Default.aspx

Huh, I actually thought it would be the other way around. If it succeeds, Allen looks good, but if it goes south, "well, Scot McCloughan set the board." Laughing

It's why I feel like the Cousins situation will be a true telling point for Allen.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
It's funny to me . I'm sure if this class is a bust -Allen gets the blame and if it's a winner--McGlue gets the credit for building the board . Scotty M-- Gotta love him !

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/63274/Fired-Redskins-GM-Scot-McCloughan-auctioning-items-to-help-team-s-foundation/Default.aspx

Huh, I actually thought it would be the other way around. If it succeeds, Allen looks good, but if it goes south, "well, Scot McCloughan set the board." Laughing

It's why I feel like the Cousins situation will be a true telling point for Allen.

I just figured at this point, Allen is so hated -- He won't credit for anything positive .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: