Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawks Running Back situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Hawks Running Back situation Reply with quote

I'm concerned about our RB situation. Realizing it's early but how many RB's will Pete keep? Who makes the squad and who is sent to the waiver wire? thanks.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise seem all but locked into the roster. It would be really strange if one of them didn't make the team. Hard to project so far out, but I would bet they carry a 4th. From what we have seen, Pope deserves to be on the team over Collins. Hopefully both get a good amount of carries this preseason and we give Collins a chance to carry it consistently before we make a final judgement on him

#1 ET Supporter
brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hawks Running Back situation Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
I'm concerned about our RB situation. Realizing it's early but how many RB's will Pete keep? Who makes the squad and who is sent to the waiver wire? thanks.

Given last season the Seahawks cut their leader in rushing yards midseason, I think it's safe to say nobody is safe, except for maybe Rawls.

I think they carry on 4 RBs and 1 FB for the season. Wouldn't shock me if they went 5 RBs and 1 FB given Prosise's scheme versatility.

From more to less likely of making the roster:

1 - Thomas Rawls
2 - CJ Prosise
3 - Eddie Lacy
4 - Alex Collins
5 - Troymane Pope
6 - Chris Carson

I am rooting for Chris Carson to make it.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lacy is a lock. He still averaged some of the highest yards after contact (if not the highest) last year in the snaps/runs he had.

Prosise showed too many good flashes and wont be 100% TC anyway, so there's zero chance Seattle cuts him.

Rawls IMO I'm a bit uncertain on. Yes he had some great flashes in season 1, but he got injured AGAIN in season 2... I wont knock his running since I think he was injured more often than not (and playing injured) but meh...

Rest I have no idea... I actually want to see more of Collins. I didn't think he was TERRIBLE last year.
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Davis is a good system fit for you all.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise seem all but locked into the roster. It would be really strange if one of them didn't make the team. Hard to project so far out, but I would bet they carry a 4th. From what we have seen, Pope deserves to be on the team over Collins. Hopefully both get a good amount of carries this preseason and we give Collins a chance to carry it consistently before we make a final judgement on him

My concern is Lacy's on a 1 yr deal. If we have to cut a Collins, who I do like, and Lacy walks, what are we left with? Back to Rawls, Prosise and Carson from the practice squad and A 2018 draft where we select a RB.

Pete loves Prosise's versatility, so he's not going anywhere. Lacy will be the battering ram and won't get enough carries in pre-season to cut him. I like Rawl's power game.

I see that Collin's isn't getting a shot to show his talent. A few carries here and there can't show his game. His feet are quicker than anticipated as he's side stepped DL while having some power. I think Collin's fits our Offense and should be the last cut & play.

While Ahman Green was a better back, I had this same argument back in the late 90's. Ahman never got the shot to carry the rock and I was a huge fan. I remember him fumbling a kickoff and then fumbled vs the Raiders. Holmgren couldn't take it and shipped him out. I was sick and pis$ ed off. Ahman needed more carries. You could see the talent but 2 carries a game wasn't good enough. In 2 seasons, Green had like 50 carries.

While I really liked Shaun, I always believed that Ahman with that burst, power and screen game would've been a rocket for us. Yes, I thought Green was a better back but that's what my non-homer lenses told me. My homer glasses were glad we had Shaun and I was a big fan. Though he was a bit soft in going out of bounds or hitting the deck. Had some Franco Harris to his game.

If we let Collins go, I hope he goes to Philly where he could really shine. They don't have a RB and could use some pop. Collin's is just a reserve back, but a nice piece in the rotation and safety net for injuries and Lacy walking. I hope we keep him as the 3rd back.
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Ahman and Eddie Reply with quote

Since we're talking running backs, let's check out Rookie highlights for Lacy and I think we forget just how good Ahman Green was. Most didn't have satellite dishes. Green cutting through Walt and Hutch with that burst... oh my...

Ahman

.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnBYN_1rA8c ..

Lacy

.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QYrhTKzQPc ..

imani

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

yea i like it, he was nice at Scar

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
the lone star wrote:

yea i like it, he was nice at Scar

He's in better shape now too. Hopefully that translates to making your 53 man roster.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not be shocked if we carry 4 RBs. He could push Collins and Pope for the last spot

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: