Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 1, Pick 14 -- Derek Barnett -- DE, Tenn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
eagles18 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
So is Barnett missing Rookie camp by not signing his contract early like other 1st Rd picks? I thought rookie contracts were pretty much structured already with a % increase for each rookie draft year?

Arrow Just saw highlights of Barnett practicing. I'm confused. Did he sign? Practicing regardless?

rookie contracts usually are held up due to offset language..

Just never thought he would touch the field before signing said contract?

Unsigned rookies practicing in rookie camp is commonplace in the NFL.

yeah rookie contracts used to be signed way later before the rookie wage scale

So if a Rookie pulls a Jaylon Smith (catastrophic injury) during Rookie Camp. The Organizations still going to honor said contract? No way I'd attend until my contract was signed, period!!

Well yes, because it's collectively bargained with the rookie wage scale. Also even if an injury happens they'll still be signed. Hell Sidney Jones and Jason Smith both were taken highly despite catastrophic injuries so if it happens on the teams watch when the contract is collectively bargained what choice do they have? Let player get healthy on their own re-enter next year and make them pay for it every single year?
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah there is a rookie wage scale so the player is going to get the same amount of money no matter what thats why everyone signs earlier now.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the old off season. Crying or Very sad

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
yeah there is a rookie wage scale so the player is going to get the same amount of money no matter what thats why everyone signs earlier now.

I understand the scale just not the idea of touching a field before signing a contract. Isn't that what Joey Bosa did last year? He waited until the adjustments he wanted to his Slot were met before attending camp. Why, so he didn't get injured.

There is also a massive difference in guaranteed money between the 1st and 2nd RDS. Sidney and Jaylon were intentionally drafted already knowing their injuries. I get the rookie wage scale helping get players signed quickly but if a Team was unlucky enough to watch their 1st Rd pick suffer say a Teddy Bridgewater, you telling me the Eagles are still on the hook to guarantee 15-17+ Million on a player who might not see the field for 2 years that never Signed his rookie deal to begin with? Even though it hasn't occured yet to my knowledge, I find that hard to believe Organizationally.

2017 Bird Watch: WR Jordan Matthews: Gm/ Tgt // Rec// Yds// TD// Y/R
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I understand the scale just not the idea of touching a field before signing a contract. Isn't that what Joey Bosa did last year? He waited until the adjustments he wanted to his Slot were met before attending camp. Why, so he didn't get injured.

There is also a massive difference in guaranteed money between the 1st and 2nd RDS. Sidney and Jaylon were intentionally drafted already knowing their injuries. I get the rookie wage scale helping get players signed quickly but if a Team was unlucky enough to watch their 1st Rd pick suffer say a Teddy Bridgewater, you telling me the Eagles are still on the hook to guarantee 15-17+ Million on a player who might not see the field for 2 years that never Signed his rookie deal to begin with? Even though it hasn't occured yet to my knowledge, I find that hard to believe Organizationally.

Joey Bosa didn't want any offset language in his contract. That's all. That is the only hold up ever for these rookie deals and they are with first rounders only.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

I miss parts of it...namely players and coaches being able to do more in the offseason together.

But I'm glad the rookie holdout is basically finished, and the rush of free agent signing do to the finally legal and out in the open tampering is a nice digestible couple of days of news. With the occasional stragglers

I wish they'd move the draft up...but I get they want to keep that summer stretch as small as possible

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy | 2015 Steegles Baldy | The Reigning ENBD Champion
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

I miss parts of it...namely players and coaches being able to do more in the offseason together.

But I'm glad the rookie holdout is basically finished, and the rush of free agent signing do to the finally legal and out in the open tampering is a nice digestible couple of days of news. With the occasional stragglers

I wish they'd move the draft up...but I get they want to keep that summer stretch as small as possible

I kinda wish the draft was before free agency. I feel like you can go more BPA and then use FA to fill holes. Of course the one year that happened was the worst off-season of all time.....

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

I kinda wish the draft was before free agency. I feel like you can go more BPA and then use FA to fill holes. Of course the one year that happened was the worst off-season of all time.....

When was it? Feel like I'm not a real football fan now Crying or Very sad Laughing
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

When was it? Feel like I'm not a real football fan now Crying or Very sad Laughing

The lockout year 2011. The dreaded "Dream Team" and Danny Watkins.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

The lockout year 2011. The dreaded "Dream Team" and Danny Watkins.

I didn't even realize that the draft took place first that year.. That team should of been great Vince Young cursed us Mad
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
So is Barnett missing Rookie camp by not signing his contract early like other 1st Rd picks? I thought rookie contracts were pretty much structured already with a % increase for each rookie draft year?

Arrow Just saw highlights of Barnett practicing. I'm confused. Did he sign? Practicing regardless?

Quote:
Cool Derek Barnett expects his contract to sort itself out soon

Barnett is the only Eagles draft pick who hasnít signed with the team, but he said Friday his agent was working to finalize the deal. He said he expected to sign a contract soon and wasnít planning to skip workouts.

http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2017/05/philadelphia_eagles_rookie_min_3.html

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: