Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#25 Pick: Jabril Peppers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
buno67 wrote:
completely agree, Browns have the potential and a solid young core secondary in Ward, Haden, and Gipson. They should of kept that trio together.

Just another feather in the Farmer hate The was the 2nd worse move he ever made. 1st was drafting Manziel, 2nd was letting Ward walk, and 3rd was drafting Gilbert. If we needed a 4th it be drafting Erving.

I'd put Dewayne Bowe signing ahead of the drafting of Gilbert (who was the consensus top CB coming out that year + a 1rst round pick) and Erving was at least rated a 1rst round Olineman that was supposed to have 5 position versatility a la Eric Stenibach)....one was a pick that did not work out, the other is a pick that looks like its not working out.....but I still defend the logic behind the move......

Drafting Manziel, Signing Bowe and swapping TJ Ward for Whitner, were all bad....I do agree with that...

We signed Bowe to a 1 year deal. The worst case scenario with him happened, but wasn't that bad. Wasting a top 15 pick on a guy that they never even spoke too and is a huge bust is SOOOO much worse.

Yeah bowe wasn't that bad. He was a low risk high reward type guy.

Gilbert was just bad. They drafted a guy they did zero homework or thats what the reports are. I don't think he was DB1 that draft, that was Fuller.

I also think drafting Erving was bad because it sent an awful message to Mack

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
buno67 wrote:
completely agree, Browns have the potential and a solid young core secondary in Ward, Haden, and Gipson. They should of kept that trio together.

Just another feather in the Farmer hate The was the 2nd worse move he ever made. 1st was drafting Manziel, 2nd was letting Ward walk, and 3rd was drafting Gilbert. If we needed a 4th it be drafting Erving.

I'd put Dewayne Bowe signing ahead of the drafting of Gilbert (who was the consensus top CB coming out that year + a 1rst round pick) and Erving was at least rated a 1rst round Olineman that was supposed to have 5 position versatility a la Eric Stenibach)....one was a pick that did not work out, the other is a pick that looks like its not working out.....but I still defend the logic behind the move......

Drafting Manziel, Signing Bowe and swapping TJ Ward for Whitner, were all bad....I do agree with that...

We signed Bowe to a 1 year deal. The worst case scenario with him happened, but wasn't that bad. Wasting a top 15 pick on a guy that they never even spoke too and is a huge bust is SOOOO much worse.

Gilbert was just bad. They drafted a guy they did zero homework or thats what the reports are. I don't think he was DB1 that draft, that was Fuller.

Erving was awful because we already had 4 top 40 picks on the OL plus Greco.

We drafted a center in the first to groom for a year with an entire roster full of holes.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just 'cause, I made a template in Madden that is in year 2 of a Browns offline franchise (i.e., the coming season) and turned all the rookies into our real rookies (accurate h/w/s, attributes, name etc.). I gotta tell you guys, Jabrill Peppers is going to be REALLY good. Trust me on this one.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
So just 'cause, I made a template in Madden that is in year 2 of a Browns offline franchise (i.e., the coming season) and turned all the rookies into our real rookies (accurate h/w/s, attributes, name etc.). I gotta tell you guys, Jabrill Peppers is going to be REALLY good. Trust me on this one.

please tell me the ratings you gave to our rookies?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if anybody has posted this yet but if you have any questions about Peppers, you NEED to watch this breakdown. Extremely informative of his style and made me feel much better about the pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4HK4HXEi0

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:

please tell me the ratings you gave to our rookies?

Garrett 80 (86 spd, 93 acc, 83 bsh), Peppers 78 (92 spd--4.47 40, 77 zcv) --both superstar potential.

Kizer 78 w/quick dev, 96 thp

Njoku 78 w/quick, 86 spd, good catch in traffic, quick

Ogunjobi & Brantley I made 76, both w/quick dev.

I have a feeling that this will end up being pretty accurate--lots of quick development from this class.

Howard was 74 ovr (benched him for the year due to injury), normal

Roderick 72 ovr, quick

Dayes 70 ovr, normal--made him a sub for shotgun & he had 7 tds off screens (made top 10 list for ORY Razz).

I traded Kessler to NYJ for a 2nd & 5th, started Kizer & he won ORY. brownie man was right, everyone.

Last edited by NudeTayne on Tue May 16, 2017 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
I dont know if anybody has posted this yet but if you have any questions about Peppers, you NEED to watch this breakdown. Extremely informative of his style and made me feel much better about the pick

Plays D a lot like Palumalo in terms of role(s) and effectiveness.

His return play is sick.

Looks like a very good player/pick.

Ty for the vid.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:

I believe since the draft this video was posted I think at least 2-3 times. I know I posted it once. I want to say before the draft it was post once or twice.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Nug: I disagree....the contract had us locked up with a substantial cap hit for multiple years.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hefty-contract-could-prevent-browns-from-parting-ways-with-dwayne-bowe/

Buno: Disagree with you here, I remember that year VERY well, Gilbert was the Consensus top CB that year, with the debate being between Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard...with Robey jumping in late after the combine. Fulller WAS consistently ranked 3rd/4th (even 5th behind those that loved Jason Verrette and ignored his size concerns).....but Gilbert was the top CB ranked no lower than 2 on 90% of the draft boards I studied that year....so a WHOLE LOT of people didnt do their HM that year in that case......and it wasnt just Gilbert it was Gilbert + 2015 1rst...Getting the drafts top CB and a 1rst round pick for the next year is a solid move.....
No it didnt work out, because Gilbert is a Bust and the pick could be considered "Squanderd" if Erving dosent make the transition to RT....
I still defend it as solid decision making....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Nug: I disagree....the contract had us locked up with a substantial cap hit for multiple years.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hefty-contract-could-prevent-browns-from-parting-ways-with-dwayne-bowe/

Buno: Disagree with you here, I remember that year VERY well, Gilbert was the Consensus top CB that year, with the debate being between Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard...with Robey jumping in late after the combine. Fulller WAS consistently ranked 3rd/4th (even 5th behind those that loved Jason Verrette and ignored his size concerns).....but Gilbert was the top CB ranked no lower than 2 on 90% of the draft boards I studied that year....so a WHOLE LOT of people didnt do their HM that year in that case......and it wasnt just Gilbert it was Gilbert + 2015 1rst...Getting the drafts top CB and a 1rst round pick for the next year is a solid move.....
No it didnt work out, because Gilbert is a Bust and the pick could be considered "Squanderd" if Erving dosent make the transition to RT....
I still defend it as solid decision making....

We had one of lowest caps in the league. The contract wasn't an issue because it didn't prevent us from making other moves that we may have needed too. Only thing it hurt was the owners check book.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
We had one of lowest caps in the league. The contract wasn't an issue because it didn't prevent us from making other moves that we may have needed too. Only thing it hurt was the owners check book.

Not arguing with you my friend, I do humbly disagree with your assessment.
First and Foremost we did NOT have the Insane amount of cap space that we do now....I feel some folks are not understanding that ALL this new cap space is a result of our new Front office getting rid of and eating a lot of bad contracts and trading players with significant cap savings In....in the offseason of 2014 we still owed Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden, Brandon Tate and DQ Jack 17M in dead cap space...So I dispute the Lowest caps in the league statement. We do NOW...but not then.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/2014/

I'm not arguing and never argued IF it prevented us from making other moves nor the concept of if at the end of the day, did it only hurt the owner pocket. That is expanding the argument to factor in other things IMO. The original premise that I am debating is, Is signing a 30yo WR who was IMO on the decline (hadnt had a 1000 yard season or caught more than 60 passes in the previous 3 seasons in KC) to come in as your #1WR and sign him to 2 years of guaranteed money at low end #1 WR prices (he was the 6th highest payed person the team)? I dont understand the low risk/High Reward type of signing comment that you made concerning a 30 year old declining Dewayne Bowe???
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BoweDw00.htm
That is not a smart move for any team IMO.....

My entire point is that was not a smart move....not saying who it hurt, who it cost what, ect ect. Just looking at Bringing a 30 yo WR with 3 years of decline in numbers to multiple years of guaranteed money is bad.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a picture with him and Troy Polamalu at the Cavs game, I hope he got a chance to pick his brain a little
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
I saw a picture with him and Troy Polamalu at the Cavs game, I hope he got a chance to pick his brain a little

Maybe our Polamalu is our #43...[/img]
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

You guys might as well be steeler fans

You make me puke
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

You guys might as well be steeler fans

You make me puke

Never waste an opportunity to get pointers from a HOF'r how I see it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: