You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Help an Aussie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LF1025

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Help an Aussie Reply with quote

Hey guys Smile

I needa find 40-50 words NY Jets fans believe best describes the club?

Can be anything; names, nicknames, coaches, years, dates, numbers etc.

Any words would be awesome!

Cheers in advance
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look bad at the 30 plus years watching the jets these are a few things that come to mind

Namath
Toon
Gastineau
Martin
AFC Championships I watched 3 of them
Fun
exciting
disappointments
Tomlinson
Favre
"Snacks"
Pennington
Super Bowl 3
Parcells
Chrebet
Revis
These are a few words that come to mind.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to that list:

Kleco
Mangold
Hess
Sanchez
Spygate
Belichick
Rex
Fireman Ed
"And The Home of The Jets" - I was at that game when he said that instead on "and the home of the brave" that was obviously before 9/11 happen but man was that special to see the crowd go bananas for that.
LF1025

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't thank you both enjoy for taking the time & making the effort to write up these lists.

This is absolutely perfect! Thank you so very much.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOJ
Broadway Joe
New York Sack Exchange
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Hess
Shea Stadium
Mets
Mud Bowl.
Mistake by the Lake.
Rich Kotite
Fake Spike
Tuna Bowl
Give me the damn ball
Monday Night Miracle
You play to win the game
Don't hit send
It's a process
Kiss Belichick's rings
God damn snack
Can't wait
Fire Idzik
Jets913

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gang Green
Broadway Joe
Sack Exchange
Butt Fumble
Rex Ryan
Metlife
Disappointment
Sadness
Misery
Bust
6th pick
D-Line
Florham Park
Curtis Martin
Ring of Honor
Chad Pennington
Nick Mangold
Kevin Mawae
Dennis Byrd
Leonard Williams
Keyshawn Johnson
Monday Night Miracle!
Mo Lewis
Wayne Chrebet
Darrelle Revis
LF1025

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are the best! Hands down!

Thanks so much for these.

How easy/hard is it to get tickets to a Jets home game? Hoping to catch a match when I'm in NY end of Sept...
doumeyer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I ever forget the Heidi game against Oakland. We had a lead with a minute and a half to go, and they shut down the game to put on the Heidi movie. Some how we ended up losing the game. Till this day I still don't how we lost. This is just another story in the life of a Jet fan.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LF1025 wrote:

How easy/hard is it to get tickets to a Jets home game? Hoping to catch a match when I'm in NY end of Sept...

If it's anything like last season you'll be able to get a ticket for cheaper than the price of a beer in the stadium haha otherwise you'll likely pay $120+.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
LF1025 wrote:

If it's anything like last season you'll be able to get a ticket for cheaper than the price of a beer in the stadium haha otherwise you'll likely pay $120+.

Even down here in Orlando, Disney charges $9.50 for a hot dog. Parking down here goes for $20. to $30. just to park, at different events. And they have all the room for parking lots. The big different in Florida, no state income tax, and real estate are 75% cheaper than Jersey. Getting back to football how about Freeman Mc Neil he was outstanding RB for us for years. He played on some pretty bad Jet teams. He was a good man also.
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
LF1025 wrote:

Even down here in Orlando, Disney charges $9.50 for a hot dog. Parking down here goes for $20. to $30. just to park, at different events. And they have all the room for parking lots. The big different in Florida, no state income tax, and real estate are 75% cheaper than Jersey. Getting back to football how about Freeman Mc Neil he was outstanding RB for us for years. He played on some pretty bad Jet teams. He was a good man also.

And was part of the infamous mud bowl. Freeman led the league in rushing that year, ran for 300 yards in the first two playoff games but was held to 45 yards in the conference champship game because Shula didn't have the field covered during a heavy rainfall the night before. I still believe that the during the draft the next year Shula is the one that spread the Marino on drugs story. No proof but after the mud bowl, I wouldn't put anything passed him
doumeyer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
LF1025 wrote:

And was part of the infamous mud bowl. Freeman led the league in rushing that year, ran for 300 yards in the first two playoff games but was held to 45 yards in the conference champship game because Shula didn't have the field covered during a heavy rainfall the night before. I still believe that the during the draft the next year Shula is the one that spread the Marino on drugs story. No proof but after the mud bowl, I wouldn't put anything passed him

Ricky, don't get me going at that game. It is a fact that Sula flooded the field & plugged the drains the night before the game. The sad part is Sula got away with it. O yea he was on the rules committee.
LF1025

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys; for more of the history & events in Jets past, & for the advice on attending a Jets match.

I'll just keep my eye out for possible cheap tickets. I just don't wanna leave the USA & not see as much sport as I can lol
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LF1025 wrote:
Thanks again guys; for more of the history & events in Jets past, & for the advice on attending a Jets match.

I'll just keep my eye out for possible cheap tickets. I just don't wanna leave the USA & not see as much sport as I can lol

Well if you're in NYC area, they're cheaper than Giants tickets.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: