You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsendor1 wrote:
Question

Will Marcus stay healthy for a full season?

Personally, I am going to cringe every time he is hit this year. Pray

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsendor1 wrote:
Question

Well he's yet to do it in two seasons so we'll see. That's why the contract extension talks need to slow down around here. Sure he's incredibly talented but if a guy can't play and start a full season, what good is he? When's the last time a QB started the whole season for this team? That steak needs to end.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Farsendor1 wrote:
Question

Well he's yet to do it in two seasons so we'll see. That's why the contract extension talks need to slow down around here. Sure he's incredibly talented but if a guy can't play and start a full season, what good is he? When's the last time a QB started the whole season for this team? That steak needs to end.

MEH! His rookie year he got banged up early and often sure. But some of that was partly due to poor oline play. Holding on to the ball too long (Might have been because we had trash WRs that couldn't get open) and just not protecting himself when he ran with it. ALSO one of his injuries was from a guy diving head 1st right at his knee. The hit that put him on IR was from a missed block by a RB. Just a whole bunch of issues that year.

Last year he got some damn Oline RB and WR (Barely) help and he started to protect himself when he ran the ball. Like he wasn't gonna take ANY hits if could avoid them while running. Srs it was day and night from year 1 to year 2 in that aspect. Almost to a fault tho. He was sliding when he clearly didn't have to but that's fine with me. Stay up Marcus lmao.

All that combined last year and he stayed pretty healthy all the way till week 16. And that was a freak injury with a huge man falling right on his leg that just happened to be in a awkward position. So he played 15 out of 16 games (Didn't finish the 15th I know) and that 16th game was pointless and I wouldn't really wanted him to play in it anyways. So saying he's not been able to finish a season is kinda shaky. Imo he was fine last year. Just a freak thing. He's no damn Jake glassman Locker by any means.

But I'm not gonna say he will for sure stay healthy because it's football and who knows what can happen but I don't think he's injury prone. And honestly I SAY CONTRACT TALKS NEED TO PICK UP EVEN MORE! Marcus is our guy!!!!

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
VY

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Haden stays healthy, McCourty could be a decent #2 in CLE. Think he's going to have a helluva a tough time in that division though. The Bengals and Steelers bring some serious WR talent & depth, not sure he'll fare well in those matchups twice a year. Best of luck to him though.

Poor fella is probably going to end his career with 0 playoff appearances and 1 winning season (2016 w/us).
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/page/QTP_170516TennesseeTitansOLinePredatorsGame/tennesse-titans-quarterback-marcus-mariota-offensive-line-go-big-predators-game

Awesome. Just awesome. Laughing

Quote:
The Tennessee Titans' offensive line and their star quarterback Marcus Mariota look like they are enjoying the offseason rooting on their Music City neighbors.

For Game 3 of the Nashville Predators' Western Conference Final with the Anaheim Ducks, the Titans players came in full force -- with Ben Jones even bringing a dead catfish.

The catfish later made another appearance, when the guys held the fish in the air, chugged tallboy cans of Bud Light, and took off their shirts when put on the big screen.

Farsendor1

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/page/QTP_170516TennesseeTitansOLinePredatorsGame/tennesse-titans-quarterback-marcus-mariota-offensive-line-go-big-predators-game

Quote:
The Tennessee Titans' offensive line and their star quarterback Marcus Mariota look like they are enjoying the offseason rooting on their Music City neighbors.

For Game 3 of the Nashville Predators' Western Conference Final with the Anaheim Ducks, the Titans players came in full force -- with Ben Jones even bringing a dead catfish.

The catfish later made another appearance, when the guys held the fish in the air, chugged tallboy cans of Bud Light, and took off their shirts when put on the big screen.

I was watching that and was hoping to get a replay of it. I about died when I seen those guys with the fish.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always liked hockey a bit but I never knew it was so exciting I mean it was almost non stop action. The hits I don't see how those guys can take that much punishment.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsendor1 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Quote:

I was watching that and was hoping to get a replay of it. I about died when I seen those guys with the fish.

Love it. #lewanwaterfall

https://www.facebook.com/atozsportsnashville/videos/960536090752926/

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
lamont

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Farsendor1 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Quote:

Love it. #lewanwaterfall

https://www.facebook.com/atozsportsnashville/videos/960536090752926/

The only thing missing is a " stone cold stunner". Laughing Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get legitimately overwhelmed by the amount of offseason hype this team is currently getting. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I'm starting to get legitimately overwhelmed by the amount of offseason hype this team is currently getting. Laughing

I'm not getting excited about it yet. I'm still worried about the secondary at this moment.

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

All I'll say is this...it's damn nice to actually have a team to look forward to watching in the fall

We've been, collectively, pathetic for about 10 years now.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

All I'll say is this...it's damn nice to actually have a team to look forward to watching in the fall

We've been, collectively, pathetic for about 10 years now.
Yup. I'm not thrilled with this offseason, but having a team that should at least be interesting and competent is such a nice change of pace. Still though, just stunning to see nearly every media outlet predicting a playoff berth. There are fans of teams in NFL Gen predicting their team's schedule that have them going 11-5 with a loss to the Titans. That's almost mind-boggling.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Revis is getting $6M from the Jets regardless of what happens. Would/should the Titans give him a 1-year $8M prove-you-still-have-it kinda contract? Is $2M really too much to risk on the upside that 2016 was a one year anomaly? I'm not saying we're getting Revis Island or anything, but I'd say there's a chance he rebounds to something similar to his 2015 level, even if not all the way.

With a bounce back season, Revis would be in line for one final pay day... and while it wouldn't be anywhere near what he'd want or made in previous years... he could easily get another $10M guaranteed with a decent season.

We know 2 things about our CBs... barring injury, Ryan and McCain are going to get a ton of snaps. How confident are we that Jackson and Sims are ready to split 1000 between them? How confident are we that Sims is more than JAG... or that Jackson is ready to take over this year? If we have doubt about one or the other, and especially both, I'd be talking to Revis to see if we could work something out.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
So Revis is getting $6M from the Jets regardless of what happens. Would/should the Titans give him a 1-year $8M prove-you-still-have-it kinda contract? Is $2M really too much to risk on the upside that 2016 was a one year anomaly? I'm not saying we're getting Revis Island or anything, but I'd say there's a chance he rebounds to something similar to his 2015 level, even if not all the way.

With a bounce back season, Revis would be in line for one final pay day... and while it wouldn't be anywhere near what he'd want or made in previous years... he could easily get another $10M guaranteed with a decent season.

We know 2 things about our CBs... barring injury, Ryan and McCain are going to get a ton of snaps. How confident are we that Jackson and Sims are ready to split 1000 between them? How confident are we that Sims is more than JAG... or that Jackson is ready to take over this year? If we have doubt about one or the other, and especially both, I'd be talking to Revis to see if we could work something out.

I'd be interested. Would be helpful to have him for our younger guys, too. The risk is worth the reward at that price, especially if it pushes McCain out.

Sims is the next McCourty, though. FWIW

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 93 of 101

Jump to: