Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ben considering retirement?!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Willie Colon just said in an interview that Ben was serious about contemplating retirement. Citing the fact that he's had so many injuries.

We better hope he has an injury-free year this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/16/willie-colon-says-ben-roethlisberger-seriously-considered-retiring/

So go sign Revis and win one on the way out. Idea

Give me McCourty. This Defense is possibly 1 CB short of being a top 10 Defense. A trio of Burns, McCourty and Sutton/Golson is about as good as it gets. Assuming Dupree and Watt can provide the pressure they would be on pace with the Pats (on paper anyways).

McCourty signed a 2 year $6mil deal with the Browns today.

I guess that just leave Revis, less chance of signing the wrong player now Applause

No way I play $6+ Million for one year of Revis. It would be truly idiotic imo.

Im not saying we should do it, but why would it be idiotic? Based on what Ive read, even after the rookie signings, we will have $15 mil just sitting there, collecting dust. Giving anyone a one year deal has no future ramifications beyond this year. $6m may be too much for Revis at this point in his career, but paying him $6m for one year wouldnt hurt us one bit, this year or in the future.

I highly doubt our front office will strongly consider him, but we desperately need secondary help.

I don't think he has much left. Certainly not $6 million+ worth. It's prolly gonna take at least 7 if not 8 million to get him seeing how he gets $6 for not playing. I say keep the money and hold it over to help extend current players and/or FAs next year. $6+ million is just to much to swallow imo and the signing would be more out of desperation than a reflection of where his skills appear to be at this time.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Willie Colon just said in an interview that Ben was serious about contemplating retirement. Citing the fact that he's had so many injuries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/16/willie-colon-says-ben-roethlisberger-seriously-considered-retiring/

Give me McCourty. This Defense is possibly 1 CB short of being a top 10 Defense. A trio of Burns, McCourty and Sutton/Golson is about as good as it gets. Assuming Dupree and Watt can provide the pressure they would be on pace with the Pats (on paper anyways).

I guess that just leave Revis, less chance of signing the wrong player now Applause

Im not saying we should do it, but why would it be idiotic? Based on what Ive read, even after the rookie signings, we will have $15 mil just sitting there, collecting dust. Giving anyone a one year deal has no future ramifications beyond this year. $6m may be too much for Revis at this point in his career, but paying him $6m for one year wouldnt hurt us one bit, this year or in the future.

I highly doubt our front office will strongly consider him, but we desperately need secondary help.

I don't think he has much left. Certainly not $6 million+ worth. It's prolly gonna take at least 7 if not 8 million to get him seeing how he gets $6 for not playing. I say keep the money and hold it over to help extend current players and/or FAs next year. $6+ million is just to much to swallow imo and the signing would be more out of desperation than a reflection of where his skills appear to be at this time.

Again, I am not arguing he is worth that much....Im just asking what it would hurt to pay him if thats what it took for ONE year?

Anyone we extend likely wouldnt see a notable raise until next year anyway, when his money is off the books.

The way I look at it, we could spend $6m on Revis, who could POSSIBLY be a decent veteran CB next to Burns for a year and mentor our young CBs....or we can just sit on the money and do nothing with it.

I dont care either way....but I wouldnt have an issue if it happened.

A contract like that is still better than what we are paying Mike Mitchell. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:

Again, I am not arguing he is worth that much....Im just asking what it would hurt to pay him if thats what it took for ONE year?

Anyone we extend likely wouldnt see a notable raise until next year anyway, when his money is off the books.

The way I look at it, we could spend $6m on Revis, who could POSSIBLY be a decent veteran CB next to Burns for a year and mentor our young CBs....or we can just sit on the money and do nothing with it.

I dont care either way....but I wouldnt have an issue if it happened.

A contract like that is still better than what we are paying Mike Mitchell. Crying or Very sad

I get the sentiment but the money is just to much to me. I'm stubborn I guess. I'm not Salary Cap guy but I assume if you don't spend that $6 Million this year that would leave an "extra" $6 Million for next year. Right? It is this money could help extend players tho admittedly not by much.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: