Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select George Kittle TE, Iowa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: 49ers Select George Kittle TE, Iowa Reply with quote

Discuss!

Like it.

El ramster on the sig
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-3-plays-show-iowas-george-kittle-best-all-around-tight-end-cfb/

El ramster on the sig
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not bad, I'm not complaining.

But I really wanted Jordan Leggett at that spot

RED, BLACK AND GOLD..TIL I'M DEAD BURIED AND COLD
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock was saying Kittle has some H-back potential. You think he might be used in the same manner that Juszczyk is? His injury backup as well?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Mayock was saying Kittle has some H-back potential. You think he might be used in the same manner that Juszczyk is? His injury backup as well?

That was my thought when we picked him. A very athletic, versatile offensive piece capable of backing up Juice at FB, lining up in line next to a OT or split out. He's an above average blocker who will be one of our main weapons on play actions when he slips out for a route as he did in Iowa. I'm a bigger fan of McDonald than most but with both Kittle and even Hikutini added (both receiving threats) I'm not entirely sure if any TEs job is safe on the roster. Taking a guess I'd say Bell and Celek are gone with McDonalds days numbered leaving our TE depth chart looking something like McDonald, Kittle, Paulsen with Hikutini on the practice squad or IR of some sort as I heard he dropped due to a recent injury.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick. What I didn't know is the kid is from Norman, OK. I guess Stoops & Company passed on this hometown kid?! Confused

Edit: Now I understand. It's a family thing. Despite growing up in Norman, his dad is an Iowa alum, including football.

Last edited by Chrissooner49er on Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all the discussion about what a good blocker he is has anyone noticed how well he did at the combine? He was one 1/100 slower than howard but his vert was 5 inches better and his broadjunp was almosr a foot longer. His 40 time is nearly two tenths better than mcdonald and celek! If he's got hands and can run routes he could turn out to be a steal where we got him

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
In all the discussion about what a good blocker he is has anyone noticed how well he did at the combine? He was one 1/100 slower than howard but his vert was 5 inches better and his broadjunp was almosr a foot longer. His 40 time is nearly two tenths better than mcdonald and celek! If he's got hands and can run routes he could turn out to be a steal where we got him

It was a great year to have a loaded class of TEs. That gave us the chance to get Kittle where we did. Let him start at the bottom of the depth chart for appearances only. One practice and he'll jump over Bell. Another and he'll be neck and neck with Celek. On opening day, he might still be behind Vance (if not traded), but might just get as many snaps. Imagine the formations Kylo can build with Kittle and Juice out there.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this guy is going to be awesome. He's a great blocker, and he's got some nice big soft hands. Can't believe he fell all the way to the fifth round... he could end up being our best pick

Now? Seriously?

He was always the GOAT and its not even particularly close.

lulz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: