You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap GM League 2017
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Salary Cap GM League 2017 Reply with quote

Lets discuss any potential rules modifications here.

Please let me know if you are returning for 2017.

2017 google rosters sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E7TaB2VU1Zm7pFBopxV0TXQKSRnnekSyXoABGOqe4NI/edit?usp=sharing

2016 rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/182WADmgaUbqkOxxgNKkKr3X95LmiligKE7tPW47JX4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by squire12 on Sun May 14, 2017 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
squire12

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2017 rules amendment items

1. Adjusting rookie salaries ($1M increase for rounds 1, 2 and 3)
--1st round = $4M
--2nd round = $3M
--3rd round = $2M
--4th round = $1M

2. 4th year option for 1st round draft picks
--Similar to what the NFL has as the 5th year option. IF we do this, need to determine what the salary would be. Options could be Salary is doubled, OR a set percentage of the franchise tag at the players position, OR some other option

3. Post June 1st player cut with reduced salary cap penalty. Again, would need to determine what the reduction is.

4. Modifications to ability to “restructure” a newly acquired player in the auction process
--in the event that an owner is over the salary cap or has too many players at a particular contract length.

5. A new idea I wanted to discuss is an alteration to our player contract structures. currently all the player contracts are "Flat" value....same salary each year of contract. I would like to discuss the possibility of having ascending or descending contract salary options. Instead of a player having a 3 year at $10M each year. An ascending contract would be

1st year = $8M

2nd year = $10M

3rd year = $12M

The descending would be similar just reversed (1st year $12M, 3rd year $8M.

This would require some adjusting with our current player bidding process to account for how each team is structuring each contract, but i feel it could be worked out if the league was in favor.

6. Alteration of the rounding up process for prorating contracts of players on IR/PUP and if a player is cut after week 8. Currently those values are rounded up to the next $0.5M.
-- I would like to round it up to the nearest $0.1M. It is mostly for the simplicity of formulas in the worksheets.

Please comment on any/all of the above items, and bring forward any other items.

Last edited by squire12 on Sun May 14, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
squire12

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the current salary cap available and # of players under contract

chisoxguy // $110M // 12
prw123 // $52M // 20
swaps // $44.5M // 16
badbadman // $47M // 16
DannyB // $24M // 17
persiandud // $55.5M // 11
CentralFC // $58.5M // 17
Boboso // $92M // 17
squire // $76M // 16
macho // $-6M // 19

Macho will need to make some transactions once the league is open
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Here are the current salary cap available and # of players under contract

chisoxguy // $110M // 12
prw123 // $52M // 20
swaps // $44.5M // 16
badbadman // $47M // 16
DannyB // $24M // 17
persiandud // $55.5M // 11
CentralFC // $58.5M // 17
Boboso // $92M // 17
squire // $76M // 16
macho // $-6M // 19

Macho will need to make some transactions once the league is open

musical tune plays

I'm in the money....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading the e-mail, and here are the rule changes/options you mention (figured it'd help to have it here too, although some are a repeat of what you said above)...

1. 4th year option for 1st round rookie picks.

2. Increase in set rookie wage scale.

3. Allow 1 player to be a post June 1st cut which would be a reduced salary cap hit by 50% of the current player cut penalty

4. Eliminate the option to convert a contract if an owner is over the allotted contract lengths.

New things to discuss...

1. Modify the formula for guaranteed contracts.

2. Implement a practice/taxi squad.

I'm pretty much good with any of these. But I'm also okay if for item 4, we go ahead and let people make a QUICK change, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to number four, I feel like there has to be some kind of penalty if people are modifying contracts after theyve already been awarded a player. It shows a lack of oversight of that person's contract situation and the bids that they're placing to end up in that situation. I Think what might be appropriate is to allow a person in that situation to submit a new contract structure for that player, but then the player is back up for grabs on the building block. Perhaps there should be a period where they're able to do this, like within 24 hours of winning the player. After that point, there should be a penalty to modify contract structure, perhaps loss of a roster slot for the upcoming season.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
With regards to number four, I feel like there has to be some kind of penalty if people are modifying contracts after theyve already been awarded a player. It shows a lack of oversight of that person's contract situation and the bids that they're placing to end up in that situation. I Think what might be appropriate is to allow a person in that situation to submit a new contract structure for that player, but then the player is back up for grabs on the building block. Perhaps there should be a period where they're able to do this, like within 24 hours of winning the player. After that point, there should be a penalty to modify contract structure, perhaps loss of a roster slot for the upcoming season.

Yeah I'm okay coming up with some sort of penalty, or way to dissuade people from doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Yeah I'm okay coming up with some sort of penalty, or way to dissuade people from doing it.

Automatically dock a second round pick*.

*or next highest available round

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
persiandud

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i cut people right now?
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll default to the majority on everything but number four, Which I have expressed my opinion on

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, this is going to be a rough year.

still suffering with some of the GARBAGE contracts I was saddled with when I took this team over. But I have some keys to help build on.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

I am all for trying to get people to not get into this situation. Can you write up some specific rule proposal?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport reporting there's a blockbuster deal brewing. Reportedly 5-6 big names potentially finding new homes this summer.

Should be interesting to see if anything gets done prior to the league draft.

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Ian Rapoport reporting there's a blockbuster deal brewing. Reportedly 5-6 big names potentially finding new homes this summer.

Seems like a leak in the CentralFC front office

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Seems like a leak in the CentralFC front office

Nope just got well placed sources in major FOs throughout the league Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: