Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread - World Champs Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
The mrs. and I are tripping to Steamboat Springs in a couple weeks with some friends. Any suggestions?

I used to live there...strawberry park at night can be fun...and it could gross you out at the same time. Best restaurant for me was Double ZZs. Float the Yampa too could be fun...but might be cold.

Thanks mate, we will hit strawberry park for sure at some point, not sure if it will be day or night but nightime could be fun.
Thanks for the restaurant recommendation, love me some bbq.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
The mrs. and I are tripping to Steamboat Springs in a couple weeks with some friends. Any suggestions?

I used to live there...strawberry park at night can be fun...and it could gross you out at the same time. Best restaurant for me was Double ZZs. Float the Yampa too could be fun...but might be cold.

Thanks mate, we will hit strawberry park for sure at some point, not sure if it will be day or night but nightime could be fun.
Thanks for the restaurant recommendation, love me some bbq.

In the 70's there was a restaurant downtown called the Brandywine. Not sure if it's still there but it was a great place.

Forget the Yampa. It's a fun, lazy float on a hot summer day but it'd be nasty in April or May.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
In the 70's there was a restaurant downtown called the Brandywine. Not sure if it's still there but it was a great place.

Forget the Yampa. It's a fun, lazy float on a hot summer day but it'd be nasty in April or May.

I'll look into it.
Ah, I'm sure that spring runoff would be nothing to you Nels!

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed that I posted the Forum Rules thread over 11 years ago. I'm old as balls, in case you had wondered.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been here for just over 11 years as well. Wow. Times flies.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Gregory failed his 7th NFL drug test for weed. After multiple college tests. SMH.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying it for the last 10 years but I'll say it again.

The only time I've ever been wrong was that time I thought I made a mistake.

bhslinebacker wrote:
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farts make me giggle.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most here know, I hold Mile High Report in very low esteem. I hope most of you do as well; they're not poorly-informed, blind homers and cheerleaders but also proven plagiarists.

But interesting, the dichotomy between two our of local SB Nation sites could not be more pronounced. I really like and respect the work done by SB Nation's Purple Row, their Rockies blog. They are intelligent and informed fans with a thorough and nuanced understanding of the game. They are not at all afraid to point out the team's (and franchise's) flaws and weaknesses and the principle writers are not at all afraid to loudly speak up when they feel a mistake - e.g. as regards the hiring/firing of a manager/coach, a free agent signing, a trade, a roster move, etc - has been made.

Contrast their approach with that of MHR, which clamored loudly for Kyle Shanahan and Christian McCaffrey only to do complete 180s and call the Vance hire and Bolles picks strokes of genius by Elway. And this isn't a new phenomenon as the site was an avid defender of Josh McDaniels and was initially opposed to signing Peyton Manning because we had just made the playoffs with Tim Tebow.

Anyway, rant over.

bhslinebacker wrote:
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
As most here know, I hold Mile High Report in very low esteem. I hope most of you do as well; they're not poorly-informed, blind homers and cheerleaders but also proven plagiarists.

But interesting, the dichotomy between two our of local SB Nation sites could not be more pronounced. I really like and respect the work done by SB Nation's Purple Row, their Rockies blog. They are intelligent and informed fans with a thorough and nuanced understanding of the game. They are not at all afraid to point out the team's (and franchise's) flaws and weaknesses and the principle writers are not at all afraid to loudly speak up when they feel a mistake - e.g. as regards the hiring/firing of a manager/coach, a free agent signing, a trade, a roster move, etc - has been made.

Contrast their approach with that of MHR, which clamored loudly for Kyle Shanahan and Christian McCaffrey only to do complete 180s and call the Vance hire and Bolles picks strokes of genius by Elway. And this isn't a new phenomenon as the site was an avid defender of Josh McDaniels and was initially opposed to signing Peyton Manning because we had just made the playoffs with Tim Tebow.

Anyway, rant over.

I agree with you on the Vance hire, I don't agree about Bolles. Most of the site's main contributors have been pretty low on Bolles the entire time.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ11

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Anyway, rant over.

I feel like I've seen very few references of MHR here (and the only ones I remember were in passing). Everyone knows they are trash. The Broncos fanbase in general isn't at the level we're at here. Idk why you let it [inappropriate/removed] you off

Similar to Purple Row, Denver Stiffs is pretty good.

team rammy

Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MHR's prospect interest / visit tracker is really useful. If it's fact-based reporting it's ok. Otherwise yeah most here recognize MHR's flaws.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a 90 minute meeting to talk about what we are going to talk about in a future meeting.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NBA is so pathetic. I used to follow it quite a bit, but it seems like every year I watch/follow less and less. Even before the season started everyone and their dog knew it'd be a Cleveland/Golden State final, but the way they are stomping through the playoffs without even a slight challenge has been an embarrassment for the league.

If it weren't for Russell Westbrook and his historic season I probably wouldn't have watched a single game outside of when I could catch Milwaukee on ESPN.

This league doesn't even go 3 deep anymore and hasn't for quite a few years now. The NBA has always been somewhat repetitive from year to year, but there were at least 2 to 3 teams that could push and sometimes beat the top 2 teams in the league, which made the Conference semifinals and especially the finals must watch sports television. That isn't the case anymore.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Just had a 90 minute meeting to talk about what we are going to talk about in a future meeting.

I have one of those every Wednesday. Complete waste of time. The last 4 I've made up excuses to leave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 46 of 47

Jump to: