Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 7: DRAFT Thread! Post here check pg. 36
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position are you most concerned about for the upcoming season?
Left Guard
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Left Tackle
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Right Tackle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NT (1tech)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockette was clearly a better athlete than Darboh, and I think he tested better than Darboh too.

Also, I don't think PCJS are about SPARq or elite athletes. For instance, in 2014 Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry were leaps and bounds better athletes than Paul Richardson. They went Richardson because of his suddenness and deep speed.

I think they like specific traits (like Size/Lenght/BJ/VJ for Offensive Linemen or Size/Height/BJ/VJ for RBs) and tend to care less about the rest of his testing. Who cares if this DT prospect runs a 60 shuttle or 40 yard time better than 99% of the players in this position? How does that translate? Or about this RB's elite quickness and longspeed, in comparison to a lesser athlete that generates more power in his runs to win short yardage consistently to eat up the clock?
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Lockette was clearly a better athlete than Darboh, and I think he tested better than Darboh too.

Also, I don't think PCJS are about SPARq or elite athletes. For instance, in 2014 Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry were leaps and bounds better athletes than Paul Richardson. They went Richardson because of his suddenness and deep speed.

I think they like specific traits (like Size/Lenght/BJ/VJ for Offensive Linemen or Size/Height/BJ/VJ for RBs) and tend to care less about the rest of his testing. Who cares if this DT prospect runs a 60 shuttle or 40 yard time better than 99% of the players in this position? How does that translate? Or about this RB's elite quickness and longspeed, in comparison to a lesser athlete that generates more power in his runs to win short yardage consistently to eat up the clock?

Yes but we didn't draft Lockette

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's taking exception to this:

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Amara Darboh is also the most athletic WR we've ever drafted according to SPARQ rating

Interesting, but I don't really see that transition to his play. Struggles to separate and doesn't display much wiggle in his routes. Definitely not a better athlete than Golden Tate or Ricardo Lockette.

Not as sudden or explosive as those two, but overall he's definitely a better Athlete

imani

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I think he's taking exception to this:

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Amara Darboh is also the most athletic WR we've ever drafted according to SPARQ rating

Interesting, but I don't really see that transition to his play. Struggles to separate and doesn't display much wiggle in his routes. Definitely not a better athlete than Golden Tate or Ricardo Lockette.

Not as sudden or explosive as those two, but overall he's definitely a better Athlete

Yea that's true. i was wrong on that one

imani

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are that Kenny lawler is around 15 pounds heavier this year

imani

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Griffin or Kaepernick?

SoS

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Robert Griffin or Kaepernick?

Kaep by a mile for me. Griffin just doesn't have it.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
My ideal OLine lineup would be Fant-Odhiambo-Britt-Ifedi-Pocic.

Honestly my IDEAL lineup would be giving Odhiambo a chance at LT and keeping Glo at LG. Pundits are speculating that Rees is going to give Glo a serious run for his money this season at LG, and the team just doesn't seem to view him as a LT at all, so I'll keep it realistic.

Ifedi is going to get murdered if moved to RT, and the fact that we have Pocic and Aboushi capable of a higher level of play at that position lends me hope that we will keep Germain inside. Aboushi and Joekel, at the very least, are terrific swingmen that provide stable depth in case of injury.
I can't get behind starting Fant unless he shows insane growth. We don't need anything great out of our tackles here, we just need for them to make a guy work a little bit at least. Joeckel should provide us with something better than what Fant gave us last year while giving us an extra year to groom Fant as a future player

I can get behind Odhiambo as a starter. Maybe Glow will prove me wrong, but I don't ever see him being more than middlingly average

For what it's worth, John said that if Fant were in this draft class, he doesn't think they would've had a chance to get him. Seems as though they are pretty high on him.
John and Pete have slightly conflicting views on Fant imo. John loves his athleticism and has flat out said he likes Joeckel more at LG than LT. Pete has said in at least one presser that Fant is the LT of the future while also saying in the same breath that it could be good for him to learn behind Joeckel for a year

Again, for what it's worth, Pete himself strongly implied today on 710 that Fant is currently in the lead for starting LT.

Important to note is that he also said Ifedi was the probable starting RT and Glowinski the probable starting RG. He said Joekel would compete at LT against Fant and at LG against Odhiambo, and that he anticipates a great battle between Joekel and Rees (which is what suggested to me that Fant leads for LT).

No mention of Pocic oddly enough.
I am sure he meantion Oday?

Did not mention Aboushi either oddly enough. I think he was pretty much just saying the guys going into camp who are currently penciled in.
Carroll and Cable have both been on lately and seem really excited about the the amount of healthy weight Fant has put on. Sounds like he was at least saying he has the inside track. Sounds like if Odhiambo looks amazing, it is possible Joeckel can be the LT and Fant can learn, but it is more likely Fant is at LT

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
My ideal OLine lineup would be Fant-Odhiambo-Britt-Ifedi-Pocic.

Honestly my IDEAL lineup would be giving Odhiambo a chance at LT and keeping Glo at LG. Pundits are speculating that Rees is going to give Glo a serious run for his money this season at LG, and the team just doesn't seem to view him as a LT at all, so I'll keep it realistic.

Ifedi is going to get murdered if moved to RT, and the fact that we have Pocic and Aboushi capable of a higher level of play at that position lends me hope that we will keep Germain inside. Aboushi and Joekel, at the very least, are terrific swingmen that provide stable depth in case of injury.
I can't get behind starting Fant unless he shows insane growth. We don't need anything great out of our tackles here, we just need for them to make a guy work a little bit at least. Joeckel should provide us with something better than what Fant gave us last year while giving us an extra year to groom Fant as a future player

I can get behind Odhiambo as a starter. Maybe Glow will prove me wrong, but I don't ever see him being more than middlingly average

For what it's worth, John said that if Fant were in this draft class, he doesn't think they would've had a chance to get him. Seems as though they are pretty high on him.
John and Pete have slightly conflicting views on Fant imo. John loves his athleticism and has flat out said he likes Joeckel more at LG than LT. Pete has said in at least one presser that Fant is the LT of the future while also saying in the same breath that it could be good for him to learn behind Joeckel for a year

Again, for what it's worth, Pete himself strongly implied today on 710 that Fant is currently in the lead for starting LT.

Important to note is that he also said Ifedi was the probable starting RT and Glowinski the probable starting RG. He said Joekel would compete at LT against Fant and at LG against Odhiambo, and that he anticipates a great battle between Joekel and Rees (which is what suggested to me that Fant leads for LT).

No mention of Pocic oddly enough.
I am sure he meantion Oday?

Did not mention Aboushi either oddly enough. I think he was pretty much just saying the guys going into camp who are currently penciled in.
Carroll and Cable have both been on lately and seem really excited about the the amount of healthy weight Fant has put on. Sounds like he was at least saying he has the inside track. Sounds like if Odhiambo looks amazing, it is possible Joeckel can be the LT and Fant can learn, but it is more likely Fant is at LT

Yea they seem really excited about Fant's progress.
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything I've seen has Joekel as a LG....

brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's probably a legitimate question how high would Fant grade as a prospect in the 2017 Draft Class. I think he'd be no less ranked as a 2nd round/3rd round prospect like La'Raven Clark in 2016.

I think the best case scenario is Joeckel winning the competition against Fant at LT and losing the LG competition to Odhiambo, Joeckel doing relatively well in comparison to what Okung did in his last two seasons in Seattle, getting paid to play LT somewhere in 2018 FA and the Seahawks being awarded with a 3rd/4th round comp pick, plus giving time for Fant to study and improve playing LT in the NFL.

Overall I think I'm pretty satisfied with the overall make up for the OL for 2017. The competition at the right side seems good to me too with Glow, Aboushi, Ifedi and Pocic.

All the Seahawks need is an OL good enough to not be bottom third for this team to have a serious shot for the Super Bowl. I'm more concerned about health of our defense (Wagner, Wright and Bennett can't play close to 100% snaps no more). Would be nice if Arthur Brown, KPL, Quinton Jeffersor or Leek show something good this offseason.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I mean, are you listening to interviews? Every single interview they mention him as an option at LT and LG

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
I mean, are you listening to interviews? Every single interview they mention him as an option at LT and LG

Naw I just read, here and there

I wasn't even really correcting anybody, just stating what I've seen. I read a quote of Cable saying he thinks luke was one of the best guards in the league last season.

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
I think it's probably a legitimate question how high would Fant grade as a prospect in the 2017 Draft Class. I think he'd be no less ranked as a 2nd round/3rd round prospect like La'Raven Clark in 2016.

I think the best case scenario is Joeckel winning the competition against Fant at LT and losing the LG competition to Odhiambo, Joeckel doing relatively well in comparison to what Okung did in his last two seasons in Seattle, getting paid to play LT somewhere in 2018 FA and the Seahawks being awarded with a 3rd/4th round comp pick, plus giving time for Fant to study and improve playing LT in the NFL.

Overall I think I'm pretty satisfied with the overall make up for the OL for 2017. The competition at the right side seems good to me too with Glow, Aboushi, Ifedi and Pocic.

All the Seahawks need is an OL good enough to not be bottom third for this team to have a serious shot for the Super Bowl. I'm more concerned about health of our defense (Wagner, Wright and Bennett can't play close to 100% snaps no more). Would be nice if Arthur Brown, KPL, Quinton Jeffersor or Leek show something good this offseason.
My hope is also that Fant gets beat out by Joeckel at LT, purely because Joeckel looks amazing and I'd like a 3rd round comp. I feel more comfortable with Odhiambo at LG than Fant at LT, but we will see

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fant is looking beefy. Up from 295ish

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: