Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens signed four more undrafted free agents today:

WR Aaron Bailey
OL Roubbens Joseph
OLB Randy Allen
CB Jaylen Hill

Zrebiec said last week the team was trying to sign undrafted free agent safety Casey DeAndrade too. If it happens that would fill the roster up. This was from a week ago too:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/sports/20170508/unhs-deandrade-will-sign-deal-with-ravens

Quote:
The defensive back/return man from the University of New Hampshire didn’t hear his name called during the April 27-29 draft, but he was given an opportunity to play in the NFL when the Baltimore Ravens extended him an invitation to try out at their rookie minicamp over the weekend.

He took advantage of it.

DeAndrade, who was catching a flight when reached by telephone on Sunday, confirmed that, pending a physical, he will be signing a contract with the Ravens.

He has some interesting stats, including 62 passes defended over his career. I don't care what level of competition it is that's a ton.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Surgery-Updates-on-CJ-Mosley-Maxx-Williams/ea68dc55-6579-4f48-af90-5c9bf86fb386

Quote:
Another injury update Harbaugh provided was in regards to tight end Maxx Williams, who missed most of last season with a knee injury. Williams went on season-ending injured reserve and then underwent a complicated surgery that Harbaugh said had never been performed before on a football player.

The surgery has been deemed a success, and Harbaugh said “it looks like we’re going to have him full speed in training camp.”

Whoa. I don't think I ever looked into what the actual knee injury was. Must have been pretty serious. Now they just have to get Maxx on the field...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz signed with the Bears today. I don't think the Ravens are or were too interested in any of the veteran receivers on the market. If they were I think one would have been brought in by now. Or traded for. Ideally somebody would be added ASAP to start building chemistry with Flacco. He's definitely a QB that needs it with his offensive weapons.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Victor Cruz signed with the Bears today. I don't think the Ravens are or were too interested in any of the veteran receivers on the market. If they were I think one would have been brought in by now. Or traded for. Ideally somebody would be added ASAP to start building chemistry with Flacco. He's definitely a QB that needs it with his offensive weapons.

Literally this morning, Cruz said on some radio station that it was down to two team, the Bears and the Ravens. My opinion was that he would have been a good pickup and filled a niche for us, the Ravens must have liked him to some degree too, given they were a finalist for him. Obviously didn't view him as a must get or anything.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ravens’ first-team offensive line will change once Yanda is inserted into the mix at right guard, but for now it’s Ronnie Stanley at left tackle, Alex Lewis at left guard, Ryan Jensen at center, John Urschel at right guard and James Hurst at right tackle.

^From an article on the OTAs

Happy to see Ryan Jensen seemingly getting the first look at center. I think the best potential version of our line has him at center. Urschel should get reps there too, but I worry about his lack of size/power.

Not happy to see Hurst lining up with the 1's. I'm hoping that doesn't last long.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Literally this morning, Cruz said on some radio station that it was down to two team, the Bears and the Ravens. My opinion was that he would have been a good pickup and filled a niche for us, the Ravens must have liked him to some degree too, given they were a finalist for him. Obviously didn't view him as a must get or anything.

Didn't hear that. I haven't been following Cruz that closely. Very Happy

Still, like you said they didn't view him as a must get and I don't know who else they would either at this point.

That offensive line is concerning. If they're not getting Lewis as many reps at right tackle as they can, even if it is OTAs, that's not a good thing. They must be really holding onto hope someone else steps up at right tackle so they can keep him at left guard. For some reason. Going so far as to have Hurst there... man, Roman and D'Alessandris need to put their feet down. Get that bum off the team. I don't go quite that far with players very often but he's awful. Worse at tackle than the plethora of guys thrown out at defensive back the past few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44

Jump to: