Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts sign NT Johnathon Hankins

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 25182
Location: 414
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Colts sign NT Johnathon Hankins Reply with quote

3 years/ $30 million and $14.5 million guaranteed.

He's 6'2 and 320 lbs. He's bigger then Parry, McGill and Woods. Had a bit of a drop off after the Giants switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4.

Surprised we gave him $10/year considering we were the first team to even bring him in for a visit. This could be a yuge signing or a big mistake.
_________________
Colts/Badgers/Brewers/Bucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1204
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Colts sign NT Johnathon Hankins Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
3 years/ $30 million and $14.5 million guaranteed.

He's 6'2 and 320 lbs. He's bigger then Parry, McGill and Woods. Had a bit of a drop off after the Giants switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4.

Surprised we gave him $10/year considering we were the first team to even bring him in for a visit. This could be a yuge signing or a big mistake.


GREAT JOB, "Scoop", great job!

Once again, you are "Johnny-On-The-Spot" for supplying the Colts' forum with timely updates!

As a Giants' fan, I can tell you that Hankins is a solid run-stuffer, but was second-fiddle to Damon "Snacks" Harrison (another sexy nickname!) in that role; the Giants weren't going to offer the $10 million-per-year that the Colts did; and this maaaaay turn out to be a fiscally-irresponsible signing. I would not rule out Hankins being cut in a year or two, at that salary.

By the way, it's Johnathan Hankins, not "Johnathon". I know- it's a tricky one to spell, with that extra "h". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
If dogs have a heaven, then this much I know-
Old Shep has a wonderful home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 25182
Location: 414
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Colts sign NT Johnathon Hankins Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
3 years/ $30 million and $14.5 million guaranteed.

He's 6'2 and 320 lbs. He's bigger then Parry, McGill and Woods. Had a bit of a drop off after the Giants switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4.

Surprised we gave him $10/year considering we were the first team to even bring him in for a visit. This could be a yuge signing or a big mistake.


GREAT JOB, "Scoop", great job!

Once again, you are "Johnny-On-The-Spot" for supplying the Colts' forum with timely updates!

As a Giants' fan, I can tell you that Hankins is a solid run-stuffer, but was second-fiddle to Damon "Snacks" Harrison (another sexy nickname!) in that role; the Giants weren't going to offer the $10 million-per-year that the Colts did; and this maaaaay turn out to be a fiscally-irresponsible signing. I would not rule out Hankins being cut in a year or two, at that salary.

By the way, it's Johnathan Hankins, not "Johnathon". I know- it's a tricky one to spell, with that extra "h". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
we just had a Jonotthon (Harrison/Jets signing) on the roster so probably how that 'o' got there
_________________
Colts/Badgers/Brewers/Bucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 1204
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Colts sign NT Johnathon Hankins Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
3 years/ $30 million and $14.5 million guaranteed.

He's 6'2 and 320 lbs. He's bigger then Parry, McGill and Woods. Had a bit of a drop off after the Giants switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4.

Surprised we gave him $10/year considering we were the first team to even bring him in for a visit. This could be a yuge signing or a big mistake.


GREAT JOB, "Scoop", great job!

Once again, you are "Johnny-On-The-Spot" for supplying the Colts' forum with timely updates!

As a Giants' fan, I can tell you that Hankins is a solid run-stuffer, but was second-fiddle to Damon "Snacks" Harrison (another sexy nickname!) in that role; the Giants weren't going to offer the $10 million-per-year that the Colts did; and this maaaaay turn out to be a fiscally-irresponsible signing. I would not rule out Hankins being cut in a year or two, at that salary.

By the way, it's Johnathan Hankins, not "Johnathon". I know- it's a tricky one to spell, with that extra "h". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
we just had a Jonotthon (Harrison/Jets signing) on the roster so probably how that 'o' got there


Gosh, I looked him up, and we have yet another spelling!

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/3/28/15097752/ny-jets-sign-ol-jonotthan-harrison

A guy almost need a complete list of NFL players, with all these weird spellings! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
The New York Jets have signed 25 year old offensive lineman Jonotthan Harrison to a one year contract. Harrison will turn 26 years old just prior to the start of the 2017 NFL regular season. Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

_________________
If dogs have a heaven, then this much I know-
Old Shep has a wonderful home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13120
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should be a good 1, great to see us sign him.
_________________
A conference call is the best way for a dozen people to say “bye” 300 times.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1658
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Colts sign NT Johnathon Hankins Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
stallyns wrote:
3 years/ $30 million and $14.5 million guaranteed.

He's 6'2 and 320 lbs. He's bigger then Parry, McGill and Woods. Had a bit of a drop off after the Giants switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4.

Surprised we gave him $10/year considering we were the first team to even bring him in for a visit. This could be a yuge signing or a big mistake.


GREAT JOB, "Scoop", great job!

Once again, you are "Johnny-On-The-Spot" for supplying the Colts' forum with timely updates!

As a Giants' fan, I can tell you that Hankins is a solid run-stuffer, but was second-fiddle to Damon "Snacks" Harrison (another sexy nickname!) in that role; the Giants weren't going to offer the $10 million-per-year that the Colts did; and this maaaaay turn out to be a fiscally-irresponsible signing. I would not rule out Hankins being cut in a year or two, at that salary.

By the way, it's Johnathan Hankins, not "Johnathon". I know- it's a tricky one to spell, with that extra "h". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing



You are quite the peculiar individual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31316
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice signing. I hope he works out for you all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 1927
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did the Giants run a 3-4? As far back as I remember they were always a traditional 4-3 defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 25182
Location: 414
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
When did the Giants run a 3-4? As far back as I remember they were always a traditional 4-3 defense.

That was my mistake, the article I read said that the Giants changed schemes and I understood that as 3-4 to 4-3 but because of them bringing in Snacks Harrison it meant they moved Hankins from NT to UT and changed his responsibilities. I realized I messed that up when I was talking to someone else about it but was not near a computer/phone and forgot about it afterwards
_________________
Colts/Badgers/Brewers/Bucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 25182
Location: 414
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW during an appearance on NFL Network Hankins said that "on paper" the Colts might have one of the best defenses in the AFC.

Quote:
“Right now I feel like we got probably the best defense in the AFC,” Hankins said. “On paper, it looks good, but we’ve got to go out there and prove it. We’ve got a great quarterback here, as y’all know, Andrew Luck, and some great weapons on offense. So, if we can just come together during OTAs, and once training camp starts, get a good feel of everybody and just trust each other, I feel like we’ll be real dominant out there.”

_________________
Colts/Badgers/Brewers/Bucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group