Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Niners talking moving Bowman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Niners talking moving Bowman Reply with quote

got this from bleacher report

they say the Org is interested in shopping Bow around.

I have like most of the moves that Lynch and Shanahan have made since they got here, but this one would be a huge mistake especially if he's all the way back.
Where would the leadership on defense come from?

not digging this at all.

RED, BLACK AND GOLD..TIL I'M DEAD BURIED AND COLD
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, it appears this was quickly shut down:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lynch-shanahan-49ers-not-shopping-navorro-bowman

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Luckily, it appears this was quickly shut down:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lynch-shanahan-49ers-not-shopping-navorro-bowman

thank God Applause

RED, BLACK AND GOLD..TIL I'M DEAD BURIED AND COLD
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling that this was lynch trying to sniff out a leak in the organization. Mike Lombardi is a guy who has reported rumors about us in the past.

Maybe lynch told one person it was bowman on the block, told another it was eric reid etc and then waited to see whose name came out so he would know who was disloyal?

Idk seems strange that it was reported then immediately shut down. Either lombardi was just making stuff up (plausible) or lynch was spreading disinformation.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's like when a judge tells the jury to disregard that last bit of information stated. (cuz, yeah right)

You know.. get the word out.. quickly shut it down so as not to get the players rumbling.. but it is out there.. and might just net a phone call inquiry or two.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been fine with it if it was true. Don't think the value would have been enough for me to make the move though.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
I get the feeling that this was lynch trying to sniff out a leak in the organization. Mike Lombardi is a guy who has reported rumors about us in the past.

Maybe lynch told one person it was bowman on the block, told another it was eric reid etc and then waited to see whose name came out so he would know who was disloyal?

Idk seems strange that it was reported then immediately shut down. Either lombardi was just making stuff up (plausible) or lynch was spreading disinformation.

That's so Game of Thrones! I like it.

Whether it was a real intention leaked or just a plain false rumor, I don't really care. This management is not married to any player on the roster. Maybe they have been gauging interest for everyone on the roster, and now it comes out that that includes Bowman. There's a difference between gauging interest (i.e. assessing someone's value) and actively shopping someone around. There's no guarantee Bowman will ever be the same player that he was while playing alongside Willis. Maybe the staff already realizes that. Personally, I don't hold high hopes in Bowman being a leader of this defense anymore. He had to be last year, because this defense was decimated. But now that we're restocking, I'm hoping AA, DeFo, Thomas and Foster will take over. They're the leadership core of that defense, even though they do have some maturing to do. I'm not counting on Bow to be a star anymore, but I still wouldn't trade him. The trade value would never match his value on the field. And if you want to send a good message to the rest of the league (i.e. future free agents), you don't dump one of your stars. Maybe his play declines, and that justifies being released in the future. But for the moment, until further notice, he's still probably the best player on the team. If and when Foster or anyone else takes over that status, then Bow can pass the torch, and it will be good news, because it will mean we have good players again.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Would have been fine with it if it was true. Don't think the value would have been enough for me to make the move though.

This. Doubt there is anyone in the league who'd offer enough that I'd really consider trading Bowman tbh. I perhaps like him far too much to trade him though anway Laughing
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

That's so Game of Thrones! I like it.

Whether it was a real intention leaked or just a plain false rumor, I don't really care. This management is not married to any player on the roster. Maybe they have been gauging interest for everyone on the roster, and now it comes out that that includes Bowman. There's a difference between gauging interest (i.e. assessing someone's value) and actively shopping someone around. There's no guarantee Bowman will ever be the same player that he was while playing alongside Willis. Maybe the staff already realizes that. Personally, I don't hold high hopes in Bowman being a leader of this defense anymore. He had to be last year, because this defense was decimated. But now that we're restocking, I'm hoping AA, DeFo, Thomas and Foster will take over. They're the leadership core of that defense, even though they do have some maturing to do. I'm not counting on Bow to be a star anymore, but I still wouldn't trade him. The trade value would never match his value on the field. And if you want to send a good message to the rest of the league (i.e. future free agents), you don't dump one of your stars. Maybe his play declines, and that justifies being released in the future. But for the moment, until further notice, he's still probably the best player on the team. If and when Foster or anyone else takes over that status, then Bow can pass the torch, and it will be good news, because it will mean we have good players again.

The ONLY way we would even consider trading Bowman is if his heir apparent was already here, waiting in the wings. That's just not the case. As much as like Foster as a player, there are serious reservations about him being a leader signal caller for a defense. Not just his medical and off-field stuff but it was no secret he struggled on the whiteboard during team interviews and his 9 on the Wonderlic means he may take some time to get up to speed. Bowman himself only scored 1 point higher than Foster but I remebering reading years ago that he was impressive with his knowledge of schemes and concepts and was one of the reasons he was on Baalke's radar during that draft.

So it wasn't a surprise when they said he would start off@WILL, which I agree with. Get his feet wet on the outside. Let him see from Bowman what it takes to be a leader in the middle of the defense from a practice and preparation standpoint. How film study is more important at this level, than anything else.

Bowman is not only invaluable right now because of what he is a player, in the middle of this defense but also what he brings as a possible mentor to Foster. I dont see how we depart with his services anytime soon. No reason to move Bow w/o knowing what we have with Foster first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: