You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie Expectations for this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:

The other thing I think Elway should have done is gone out and hired John Lynch before the 49ers got near him. I think Lynch would have been the ideal addition to the front office and shaken things up a bit.

We might want to wait a bit before thinking John Lynch is the next great GM.

He inherited a dysfunctional, talent depleted team in SF with $70 million in cap space and some great draft slots. He did bilk the Bears in a trade but outside of that he just went BPA. Easy to do when your team sucks that bad.

He still needs to get SF back to respectability, the playoffs and SB contention. Then he needs to keep them there. Lots of work left to do before we've got enough info to figure out what kind of job he's done.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I honestly expect year 1 from these guys.

Bolles- Up and down season at LT. Overall fans will be pleased and believe we've selected the LT of the future. By seasons end he will be a fan favorite.

Walker- The player I am most skeptical of. His role will be a situational pass rusher. He'll get a few sacks, but I think NFL OLs will bully him the majority of the time and Bronco fans will be questioning Elway and his inability to hit in the 2nd round.

Henderson- He'll be Denver's #3 WR and shine in that role with his ability to create after the catch in the screen and short passing game. Another player fans will fall in love with.

Langley- If all goes as planned he won't contribute much outside of special teams.

Butt- He will eventually work into the lineup a bit, but won't contribute much in year 1.

McKenzie- He will upgrade Denvers return game and will have a few designed touches a game. Some of those touches will leave us scratching our head and yelling at McCoy because of the playcall, others we will applaud his versatility and big play ability.

Henderson- He likely gets some reps at some point and he will show enough to make fans excited for the future.

Kelly- Makes the team as Denvers #3 emergency QB, but again if all goes as planned he doesn't see the field.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: