Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The RB Depth Chart Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I do not think they are going to bother with a FB. They did not use Lasike much last season.

I would hate to cut a better TE to keep a FB that they won't use.

John Fox teams have always used a FB if they have had a capable one...Lasike was pretty terrible...we are going to be running the ball a lot next year so a FB makes sense.

Even if we run the ball a lot they don't need a FB.

Howard showed last season he is really good without a lead blocker and can also run from the gun, which I would do a lot of with run pass options.

Unless the FB can really catch the ball I doubt they cut Daniel Brown for him.

Howard showed he could run the ball without a FB...but how did the other guys fair? The average was well under 4 YPC and overall we were 22nd in the NFL in rushing TDs...that's not going to cut it on this team if we want to be competitive because we don't have the outside weapons to take teams out of the box against Howard...a FB would be far more valuable than a 4th TE who isn't going to see the ball and adds nothing as a blocker.

Your 4th TE pretty quickly becomes your 3rd TE when Zach Miller is on the depth chart.

I am fine with a FB in theory, but it is going to be a tough cut, unless they only keep 3 true RBs.

Howard
Cunningham
Cohen
FB

Miller might very well be injured and at that I would have no problem bringing Brown up from the PS but outside of that he would be a guy who is never going to see the ball behind Sims, Shaheen & Miller...I would keep 3 RBs on the roster and Stevenson as a FB over keeping Langford/Carey at this point.

That is fair.

I think there are 3 locks for the roster

Howard
Cunningham, can catch, run and return
Cohen
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I am fine with a FB in theory, but it is going to be a tough cut, unless they only keep 3 true RBs.

Howard
Cunningham
Cohen
FB

I think that's what will happen. Carey's only always been okay, and for some reason Langford decided to take on any defenders in front of him straight-up last year. (Puzzling.) It's too bad, as Carey and Langford have shown some talent at times, but last year was a trainwreck, for both.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Emma:
Quote:
Denard Robinson, the former standout quarterback at Michigan, will work out as a running back this weekend at Bears rookie minicamp.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Chris Emma:
Quote:
Denard Robinson, the former standout quarterback at Michigan, will work out as a running back this weekend at Bears rookie minicamp.

Huh. That's interesting...
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think with the release of Lasike before they even really see what they have in Stevenson tells me he's a camp body and they aren't planning on keeping a FB on the active roster.

Would make a lot of sense given the RB depth, obviously Howard and Cohen are locks. Cunningham brings too much versatility both in the run game and ST, leaving Carey and Langford to fight it out for the 4th and final spot.

1. Jordan Howard
2. Tarik Cohen
3. Benny Cunningham
4. KaDeem Carey

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heinz D. wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Chris Emma:
Quote:

Huh. That's interesting...

He flashed for a few weeks in Jacksonville a few years back but he never shown to really have an NFL role. I don't see who he unseats for a spot here though I could see him potentially getting to camp.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant say enough about how Howard performed last year on a bad team. Team MVP in 2016 by a wide margin.

Hope there is no soph slump like Gurley.
Epyon

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen anything covering the final day of minicamp stuff, but apparently one of the guys standing out was RB Joel Bouagnon from Northern. He's got good size as well....6-2, 228

Could be a dark horse in the large RB competition this summer, over that third spot (since Howard and Cohen are presumed locks)... or if he keeps performing, at least a PS option.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
You cant say enough about how Howard performed last year on a bad team. Team MVP in 2016 by a wide margin.

Hope there is no soph slump like Gurley.

The Rams' OL is a damn trainwreck. It's of no fault to Gurley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: