You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most improved unit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Most improved unit Reply with quote

QB - It will still be Alex Smith

RB Lost JC, Knile Davis - Added CJ Spiller, Kareem Hunt

WR/TE Lost O'Shaughnessy - Added Gavin Escobar

OL Ehinger returning from injury

Seriously, that's all. The defense will be shuffling a bit, but the offense is playing the same cards.

DL Lost Poe, Howard - Added Bennie Logan, Tanoh Kpassagnon - Allen Bailey returning

LB Added Victor Ochi - Houston, DJ, March-Lillard returning

DB Phillip Gaines returning

I did not count Mahomes, the day three draft picks, PS and some fringe FA. Who knows. Maybe one of them will step up.

Except the DL, which loses a former Pro Bowler and second starter but gains a NT and returns the third starter, none of the units has a big shake up coming. Houston's return and continuing health is the #1 factor for change on the rest of the team. That said, there is improvement expected through experience, both as players and as units.

Which unit improves most? Which unit slips most?

J

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say the DL. They lost front end talent in Poe and Howard but gained depth with Logan and Tanoh, plus Bailey coming back. Not to mention Nacho and CJ95 have another year under their belt.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with LB, but DL makes sense. It's odd after spending so many high 1st round picks--Dorsey(5), Jackson(3), Poe(11) we may have the best line with no one taken in the top 35.

The LB are getting Houston back at full speed, another year of experience for Dee Ford and a full off season to rework the interior. Ramik Wilson and DJ Alexander were drafted to play inside and this is their third year. Dadi Nicholas was drafted as a situational pass rusher. DJ may have something left.

The other one I am looking to is WR/TE. Conley's 3rd season, Maclin's healthy, Tyreek Hill for a full season. I think Chesson may surprise as a rookie.

Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face. This year the plan may be more flexible than most.

J

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: