Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2.41: MINN - Dalvin Cook [RB #33] Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I think Murray is a pretty poor receiver, but that offense could still work.

If we still had the 15th pick without Sam on the roster, I'd take Malik Hooker, or trade back and get Forrest Lamp/Ryan Rymczak (sp?) A little later

Its been pretty well established that Murray is at least competent as receiving back

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I think Murray is a pretty poor receiver, but that offense could still work.

If we still had the 15th pick without Sam on the roster, I'd take Malik Hooker, or trade back and get Forrest Lamp/Ryan Rymczak (sp?) A little later

Its been pretty well established that Murray is at least competent as receiving back

I haven't got that impression from watching him or from the opinion of any Raiders fans.

He did have a solid amount of receptions in 2015. Less this year and only 50 in college. 0 career touchdowns as a receiver. I didn't get a good impression from the few reports I just read on him.

Do you have any sources to refute this?

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Demovsky, who covers the Packers, wrote:

The biggest impact rookie in the NFC North could be Vikings second-round pick Dalvin Cook. The Florida State running back who went No. 41 overall was under consideration by the Packers when they took cornerback Kevin King at No. 33. A running back might be able to make a bigger immediate impact than a cornerback.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Cook-Elflein-are-Candidates-for-All-Rookie-Team/03ec603d-c8fb-422e-93a0-6af1561b4ac1

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it! He is just too special in space:

http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/12/vikings-rb-dalvin-cook-could-contribute-on-special-teams/
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blows my mind how big of a steal we potentially got with this one. Going into the combine, Cook was Mike Mayock's top RB on the board. That's some crazy value as the third RB off the board in the mid-2nd.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings rookie running back Dalvin Cook drew raves during rookie minicamp. That has continued during organized team activities. Offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur said Wednesday on the second day of OTAs that the second-round pick is fitting in quite well.

Shurmur: He certainly caught our eye in the rookie stuff. Now that hes in with the vets, you can still see all the things that we saw. Hes a very instinctive runner. Hell get his foot down and gets up the field. Hes actually pretty instinctive when it comes to who to block in pass protection and he catches the ball extremely well. Hes making good progress.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/24/vikings-rookie-rb-dalvin-cook-draws-praise-at-otas/

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the link, but on NFL.com, Maurice Jones-Drew said he believes Dalvin Cook will be our guy from day 1.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I don't have the link, but on NFL.com, Maurice Jones-Drew said he believes Dalvin Cook will be our guy from day 1.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/MJD-Breaks-Down-Vikings-Running-Back-Battle/599d3ba7-06cb-4247-bec3-e9907d406556

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I agree.

Yes, we signed Murray, but that was not knowing Cook would be there. This was a guy Mike Mayock had as the No. 1 RB entering the combine. Not just the top guy behind Fournette, but the top guy period. Still somewhat shocked that we got him in the 2nd round.

This isn't some small-school project who needs time to develop. Obviously they're making him earn that job, but I don't doubt that he could have the biggest RB role from Day 1.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook: Youve always got to put that stuff behind you. It can be a learning tool for a lot of people. I go back home and I talk to some of the people in the neighborhood, I just try to get them to learn from my situation and just build from that. And thats what Im doing building as a man, becoming a better person, with better people in the locker room and just being around the vets and learning how to be a pro.

Spielman: I think he has probably woken up a little bit about how important football is, and I truly believe that he is on a mission coming up here and is going to be a great football player for us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/dalvin-cook-focusing-on-becoming-a-better-person/

Klomp

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Cook: Youve always got to put that stuff behind you. It can be a learning tool for a lot of people. I go back home and I talk to some of the people in the neighborhood, I just try to get them to learn from my situation and just build from that. And thats what Im doing building as a man, becoming a better person, with better people in the locker room and just being around the vets and learning how to be a pro.

Spielman: I think he has probably woken up a little bit about how important football is, and I truly believe that he is on a mission coming up here and is going to be a great football player for us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/dalvin-cook-focusing-on-becoming-a-better-person/

That quote was taking from a piece Tom Pelissero wrote on the rookie. It's worth a read: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2017/05/30/minnesota-vikings-dalvin-cook-draft-character-questions/102306208/

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook: "Im learning how to be a pro, learning how to be a better teammate and a player, also. Im just having fun and embracing everything from the vets.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Dalvin-Cook-Learning-from-Locker-Neighbor-Terence-Newman/b442f098-1483-47d5-80ce-afe0219af2b0

turns out his locker mate is Terrance Newman, 17 years his senior.

vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The running back, taken with the No. 41 pick in the second round by the Vikings, finalized a four-year $6.35 million deal on Wednesday that includes a signing bonus of $2.76 million.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/31/rb-dalvin-cook-is-the-vikings-11th-and-final-draft-pick-to-sign/

TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe we got this guy. Went into the draft just hoping he didn't go to GB, Chicago, or Detroit.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Smith: I think hes going to be a contributor from Day 1. I think he has incredible potential. I really think its a coup the Vikings getting him in the second round. Hes got everything. Hes a guy that hits home runs, hes got great vision at the line, hes got really good patience. He knows what kind of angles to take, and hes got that explosive speed. So hes got it all.

Smith, in his second season as a college football analyst at Fox Sports, had his first 1,000-yard season in his fifth season with the Vikings, and barely had more than 1,000 yards in his first three NFL seasons combined. He finished his career with four consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, unexpectedly retiring after the 2000 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/robert-smith-expects-dalvin-cook-to-reach-1000-yards-before-he-did/[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: